PRE-GAME [Round 2, 2024] Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be nice to see Walsh try and do a few hard runs now and then too.
He made some good metres, but his kick returns numbers were lousy, no one in the backline even came close to Arthars against the Roosters.

He made some good metres, but his kick returns numbers were lousy, no one in the backline even came close to Arthars.
Yea, and I get that kick returns are not his strength, but sometimes he just needs to run straight instead of looking for a winger to pass it too.

Different wingers make different metres yes, but getting out trouble deep in your own half isn't restricted or only produced by just making tough metres, speed and agility can be a real asset especially if they are heavily involved coming into dummy half and running to get momentum like Jesse and other wingers do.

Even more so if your excellent under the high ball or on kick returns and can turn that into a lot of metres when your side is struggling to make metres in your own half. He doesn't always make big metres, but that doesn't mean the metres he makes aren't valuable.
Dont disagree mate, kinda of my point really. They both do things the other doesnt.

Willison has looked the goods in every game he has played. Picking Taupau and Baker over him is perplexing. I think I would have more confidence in Willison covering an edge than both of them TBH. I know he'll get a crack with time, but I would be picking him now.
I feels sorry for Oates and we do mis his metres, but he doesn't score the try Mariner scored against Roosters.

1. Mitchell (Souths)

I'm going to stop you right there ... but:

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Staggs gets more stick imo because i think he is capable of more than he does. At one point he became very one dimensional when he just used to try to overpower his opponent and he got worked out. Tankfully, he seems to have stopped doing that. Plus he got an over inflated salary based on some weird move to 6 that never eventuated. Its not that big a contract these days for a center, but it was back then.

To The people who are going to the match enjoy. I just have look at Rosie tomorrow night and see if she flees if she does I will still watch the match

Alright let's look at the head to head which I forgot to do for round 1 (and again trying to be as unbiased as possible, read harsh on our team):

1. Mitchell (Souths)
2. Arthars (Broncos)
3. Staggs (Broncos)
4. Cobbo (Broncos)
5. Johnston (Souths)
6. Walker (Souths)
7. Reynolds (Broncos)
8. Tatola (Souths)
9. Cook (Souths)
10. Haas (Broncos)
11. Koloamatagi (Souths)
12. Riki (Broncos)
13. Murray (Souths)

14. Havili (Souths)
15. Hetherington (Broncos)
16. Taupau (Broncos)
17. Burgess (Souths)

So I have it 9 - 8 to Souths but again, I am being harsh on our team. In any case, Souths match up very well with us and ultimately, it is coming down to the spine.
Carrigan tag team with Walsh taking a dump in your weetbix this week?

Yea, and I get that kick returns are not his strength, but sometimes he just needs to run straight instead of looking for a winger to pass it too.
I'm happy for Walsh to stay out of collisions... he's a small body, no need for him to be getting bashed up by the big boys in the opposition... save his energy for organising the defence and attacking off backline movements.

Staggs gets more stick imo because i think he is capable of more than he does. At one point he became very one dimensional when he just used to try to overpower his opponent and he got worked out. Tankfully, he seems to have stopped doing that. Plus he got an over inflated salary based on some weird move to 6 that never eventuated. Its not that big a contract these days for a center, but it was back then.

Staggs also has the price tag on him. One of the more expensive centers.

The Dolphins would be stupid to not be sniffing around Oates. Bostock might end up great but he's too green. Oates would be fantastic for them.

My gut feeling is Oates wont be here by the time the window closes. He's being pushed out the door imo and its not a big secret he's had a few clashes with Kevvie over the years.

My gut feeling is Oates wont be here by the time the window closes. He's being pushed out the door imo and its not a big secret he's had a few clashes with Kevvie over the years.

You are probably right but Kevvie also played a big role into Corey being relevant in the NRL again, prior to that he was really struggling and he's said so himself.

Did I miss something with this Ezra Mam defensive stuff? Im positive he is an excellent defender. Where did this come from?

You are probably right but Kevvie also played a big role into Corey being relevant in the NRL again, prior to that he was really struggling and he's said so himself.

I'd like to see those comments from Corey.

Did I miss something with this Ezra Mam defensive stuff? Im positive he is an excellent defender. Where did this come from?

JD been talking about it pre game. Apparently stats say he missed 100 tackles last year.

What the black and white stats don't show is that he gets up and out early so a lot of those misses are from that.

I think he's fine and this has been blown out of proportion that he is 'bad'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.