Suncorp Stadium

Thursday
Night
19:00

Rabbitohs

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early mail is Jensen will be promoted to the starting side with Taupau back onto the bench.

Willison to miss out again.
He's either saving him for a long season or, more likely, just like last round the mail is wrong...

Seems Baker will be the back up Second rower going forward btw. Saw some footage yesterday where he was lined up at left second row from the kick off in what seemed to be gameplay.

Honestly, I do not like Baker in 17 especially, at the expense of Willison.
Also, I’m starting to wonder the role of Kobe. Doesn’t play more minutes and not much of an impact when he’s on. Either gets injured/ pushed back by opposing teams when ball in hand, runs sideways. Wish he had bigger body.

The thing that I notice between Baker & Kobe is - one has body while the other have ‘some’ footy smarts. Wish they both have everything a bench rotation should have with mongrel. Speaking of mongrel, with Flegler gone, I reckon most of our guys are “gentlemen” type.

Reckon this have been opined by wider forum members that is — compared to last year, I’m skeptical about our bench this year. I’m aware that we’re just done with R1 but apart from Willison, I do not know if there are options. I hope we find 1 or 2 from our affiliates from Q-cup.

Also, I’m starting to wonder the role of Kobe. Doesn’t play more minutes and not much of an impact when he’s on. Either gets injured/ pushed back by opposing teams when ball in hand, runs sideways. Wish he had bigger body.

The thing that I notice between Baker & Kobe is - one has body while the other have ‘some’ footy smarts. Wish they both have everything a bench rotation should have with mongrel. Speaking of mongrel, with Flegler gone, I reckon most of our guys are “gentlemen” type.

Reckon this have been opined by wider forum members that is — compared to last year, I’m skeptical about our bench this year. I’m aware that we’re just done with R1 but apart from Willison, I do not know if there are options. I hope we find 1 or 2 from our affiliates from Q-cup.
Kobe was like our best forward in round 1

This could be the reason Kevvie wants Taupau in there. Because although he cannot bring more than 20 minutes now, he just have the ability to intimidate which we don't really have now with Flegs gone.

Kobe was like our best forward in round 1
Not sure about that... I thought he was pretty underwhelming and underused by Kevvie.

Only played 36mins, 86m, 78% tackle efficiency, had an error... he was better than Taupau and arguably Baker, but that's not really saying much.

I was pretty disappointed in the use of the bench middles from Kevvie after he moved Patty... seemed he just played Haas for mass minutes (reducing his output), Jensen for more minutes and then Smoothy for more minutes.

Taupua, Baker and Kobe playing 25mins, 32mins and 36mins respectively is way unders when you move a big minute middle out of the rotation.

Unchanged apart from Marty. As long as they have an intention of getting Xavier in there within the first 10 rounds you can excuse the experience aspect. Marty should not ever be starting though. Clearly Fletcher is the second row back up going forward which I reckon is probably the right call considering he is the most experienced at this level doing so and it doesn’t **** up our bench.

Baker was good off the bench last year, I think he'll prove some of us wrong Thursday night.

Far out man, what has Willison done wrong?

Legit think that Kev is keeping his powder dry. We'd be expecting Willison to explode and take the starting spot over the course of the year, but at his age, it just won't happen. I'm expecting he'll be pumped for 50 - 60 minutes in Q-Cup for fitness, so that when he does get back in the NRL side he can punch out a solid 20-25 minutes without becoming a liability. That's all we should expect of him this year.

Yeah I don't see too many changes needed. We were right in it round 1 despite losing and playing pretty bad. Comfortable with the team. Willison will get his shot, just like piakura last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.