Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys - Post Match Discussion

What's Hunt's deal? He was better last year so it seems like nerves, he actually couldn't have had a worse kicking game. Total rubbish, 95% of the time, every time.

i'm sure alfie langer didn't teach him to do a 40 metre field goal when only 4 points in front. he deserves a flogging for that.

Massive raps to Alex Corvo. He has whipped the boys into shape. They are looking way fitter than last year. Lets hope that continues.

Hunt needs less hair to become a great Broncos half.

McCullough, Thaiday, Parker were all superb, great effort. Vidot, Maranta, Reed, Copley, Barba were all decent without being outstanding, solid efforts all around. Gillett, Glenn, McGuire were all reasonable, some silly penalties from McGuire.

Hoffman, playing out of position, we've already established this, I think he had a reasonable game considering he's a winger playing Five-Eighth, couple of reasonably placed kicks.

Hunt.. I've had enough already, he may have just compiled the 2 worst kicking games in the history of the NRL, not a single good one, no confidence at all, threw a couple of extremely ordinary passes which lead to turnovers, his blind-side plays were decent, but not even close to overshadow his overall game.

I'm not sure what other viable options we have, but we can't go on like this, we're only winning with pure grit, there's nothing pretty about the way we're winning, and when we come up against a team in good form, we're going to get dismantled.

Very happy with that beating the Cowboys is always sweet.

0/2 from tipping but I would take a $44 win over tips. Put $20 on the Broncos to win as my first punt ever.

Haha. Know the feeling. I am also 0/2 on account of our gutsy effort and Souths choking it up, but could not care less.

Agree with others, looks like Thaiday is hitting form again with his move to the back row.

Aside from the terrible tip on leading to the Cowboys try, another good game from Vidot, I thought. That lad just powers through tackles!

Thought we did well to contain Taumalolo and JT.

some of ben hunts plays tonight were so amateurish. it's pretty incredible he is able to play nrl. maybe it just shows how much we lack in half backs and to think we didn't make an offer to thurston..

the cows did play pretty poorly you must admit.

By their standards? I don't think so.

I believe people have this perception that the Cowboys are one of the top teams in the competition and they haven't been since 2007 when Bowen/JT were both at the peak of their powers. I think it's pretty clear they're in that second tier below Melbourne/Sydney/Souths/Manly. So by their standards, I thought they played to standard.They have a great pack that are going to roll through teams no matter what and when you give their playmakers that sort of space, they're going to make you pay. Fortunately, Brisbane were able to recover and while they kept testing us with inside balls (which is good coaching IMO) we were just better on the evening.

Brisbane were still pretty patchy with the ball, still plenty to work on but you can't doubt their character. Before last year, I wrote that as long as the team showed some character, an unwillingness to succumb to defeat I'd gladly cheer them and tonight was that sort of performance.

I'm not sure about you, but I'm content to enjoy this win for the rest of the weekend.

So fucking happy we came away with the win. Say what you will about our halves but I'm just a proud Broncos fan. We badly need a half, find someone in reserves from another club whose club is willing to let go and sign them.

Haha. Know the feeling. I am also 0/2 on account of our gutsy effort and Souths choking it up, but could not care less.

Agree with others, looks like Thaiday is hitting form again with his move to the back row.

Aside from the terrible tip on leading to the Cowboys try, another good game from Vidot, I thought. That lad just powers through tackles!

Thought we did well to contain Taumalolo and JT.

Vidot's work getting the ball out of our own half is very good. Very impressive, other than the bomb fail, like you said.

Massive raps to Alex Corvo. He has whipped the boys into shape. They are looking way fitter than last year. Lets hope that continues.

100%, makes it hard to get a read on whether Kearney sucked last year coaching defence or we were just woefully unfit.

Defence is solid and Griffin looks to have set some structures in place for once!

Michael Morgan was MIA tonight. He will do well to keep the fullback spot at this rate.

Glad for the win, but it was definitely far from convincing. It's a sorry state of affairs for Hunt when he's the worst of two halves playing alongside Hoffman. I thought Josh actually had a solid game, and he looked like he could be a longer term solution... with a decent half next to him. I like Hunt, but he's got to start showing some improvement fast.

Can anyone tell me why Maguire's 'high' shot went on report and Linnet's didn't? At least Maguire's looked accidental - Linnet actually had to reach up.

I think we need to get a hold of Chris Sandow's mobile number, the time has come. Even if it's not to get Hunt on a first class ticket back to Queensland Cup, at the very least to play along side him in the halves and do the bulk of the kicking, but I'm not sure how much more babysitting we can do for this bloke, he's had a million chances now.

I think we need to get a hold of Chris Sandow's mobile number, the time has come. Even if it's not to get Hunt on a first class ticket back to Queensland Cup, at the very least to play along side him in the halves and do the bulk of the kicking, but I'm not sure how much more babysitting we can do for this bloke, he's had a million chances now.

i think sandow's camera pointing days are well and truly over

I'm just glad the coach is using the talent he has in the squad and is playing some football instead of that shit they were doing last year.

We are not doing anything more than what a first grade side is supposed to do and we are doing it with below average halves and no kicking game.

The reads in D were really good under pressure particularly late in the game. I thought we could have gone to Copley a lot more he really is shaping up as a danger man in attack, Reed should start getting ready for the second row.

I like how every person in the cowboys running a hit up was Taumalolo.....according to Hadley anyway

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  • BroncosAlways
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • broncoscope
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Maddy
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Swordfish
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.