Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I haven’t seen us get the bounce of the ball like that since Alfie had it on a string!

I'm not sure what you mean? I thought the bounce of the ball went against us.......KNik's kick through for Boyd for example?

The refs tried to **** us over every chance they got.....

??

NRL.com seems to have changed,

...and how much arse does their new format suck by? It was shit before, now its even worse!

NRL Tipping.com sucks arse as well.

I'm not sure what you mean? I thought the bounce of the ball went against us.......KNik's kick through for Boyd for example?

??
I mean the literal bounce of the ball. That Macca kick to Opacic, the ball bouncing to Joffa, the kick missed Darius but I’ve seen a million games where it bounces into the oppositions hands instead. The ball that lead to the Granville double movement :)
It was a refreshing change!

??

Nah I agree with mrslong, we had a few lucky bounces, the Opacic try being the big one. I don't think the Nikorima one was a bad bounce, more of a bad kick, didn't put enough juice on it.

Much like week 1, I hope we don't get too carried away with the result.

Fantastic to get a win over our greatest adversary, but a single week does not make nor break a season. I'll reserve judgement until we see consistency in performance.

Let's not forget the Cowboys were missing Coote and Morgan, yet still got out to an easy 8 point lead. We showed great hunger throughout the contest, but the reality is that conceding such a soft start against a benchmark team is costly most weeks.

Fortunately we have four relatively soft match ups over the coming weeks which gives us a good chance to hone our game prior to a stern test in the Storm.

Good signs though. Good efforts from most of the boys, particularly Macca and TPJ. Liked the effort from our halves, although kicking was still lacking. Both came up with some nice touches but refrained from overplaying their hand, allowing the rest of our weapons to bring themselves into play.

A big difference last night was our defensive line speed. We were up fast and in their faces. This kind of enthusiasm is infectious and as a consequence we looked far better in attack as well.

Surely WB can see this "let's sit back on our heels and wait for them" defence strategy doesn't work.....and should be geeing them up for the defensive effort we put in last night for each and every week.

Absolutely so spot on! The line speed and swarming, in-your-face defence was the key.

Reminded me of ... now when did we defend like that last ... oh right

If we keep that up and Milf and Kodi and Roberts (who was super impressive for mine) keep up their assertive running game, and the forwards, and .. and ... and and Darius doesn't drop the ball, well, who knows. It might be that year all over again but better.

The teams attitude is what improved. Not one single player played above himself as most of the team performed to their ability. I've been critical of Macca in the past and I've even been foolish enough to predict he has limited games left for the Broncos but he seems to be the glue that binds in this team. Perhaps it's maturity but if he keeps this new found belief and decides to become a star player we just may have a real shot this year.

Not getting carried away but we will be a much more formidable opponent when Bird comes into the team. He really will give us a competitive edge. NRL 360 will be so much better this week. I will give Ikin a few tips when I see him next. Generally see him in the lounge at Brisbane airport on Monday mornings on fly in day.

As long as it is the tip of your knee repeatedly into his gonads, I will be happy. With a side dish of several uppercuts to Kent's smug melon.

Does anyone have the extended highlights from last night?

Last edited:
Pangai made 3 tackles in a row in that Bolton-into-post set. Which was a 2nd set in a row after they got a penalty following the Boyd drop

He was in 6 of the last 8 tackles before we got the ball back.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.