Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Lol surprise surprise. You really are incapable of being objective when it comes to Gillett, aren't you? Like when you actually tried to defend Gillett for tripping Thurston.

Considering it's Gillett job to mark up on Cooper..

Yep, it is Gillett's fault, just like it's also Niko's fault. They are both at fault. But to say that Niko is 99% at fault, if you believe that then there is something wrong with you.
Right... so now they are both at fault. You'll eventually get there, once you untangle your panties and actually look at what happened. :superhappythumbsup:

This is the moment where Thurston passes the ball (Kodi commits to step right):
Upload 2018 3 19 23 41 14

This is the moment Gavin Cooper received the ball (note Kodi is moving right):
Upload 2018 3 19 23 42 25

This is the moment Cooper breaks the line right where Nikorima should've been (Kodi is out of balance and can't do anything to hinder Cooper while Matt stretches to try to grab him):
Upload 2018 3 19 23 50 29

Gillett is covering his man (Thurston) when Kodi falls for the long pass dummy and commits to a right step, opening the hole Gavin slips through. Gillett is the only one who attempts to correct the mistake, but is too far to actually do more than an arm grab. He gave Niko a serve too when it happened, although Thurston's move and Cooper's running line deserve plenty of credit.

If Kodi doesn't step right, he may not stop Cooper, but he would slow him down enough for Gillett to complete the tackle.

Right... so now they are both at fault. You'll eventually get there, once you untangle your panties and actually look at what happened. :superhappythumbsup:

This is the moment where Thurston passes the ball (Kodi commits to step right):
View attachment 2640

This is the moment Gavin Cooper received the ball (note Kodi is moving right):
View attachment 2641

This is the moment Cooper breaks the line right where Nikorima should've been (Kodi is out of balance and can't do anything to hinder Cooper while Matt stretches to try to grab him):
View attachment 2642

Gillett is covering his man (Thurston) when Kodi falls for the long pass dummy and commits to a right step, opening the hole Gavin slips through. Gillett is the only one who attempts to correct the mistake, but is too far to actually do more than an arm grab. He gave Niko a serve too when it happened, although Thurston's move and Cooper's running line deserve plenty of credit.

If Kodi doesn't step right, he may not stop Cooper, but he would slow him down enough for Gillett to complete the tackle.

I never said Gillett was entirely at fault. You just didn't read my comment properly because I imagine you got all worked up that someone could dare say something negative about Gillett, which is usually the case with you (which is something you really need to tone down by the way). As I said, you're just not capable of being objective when it comes to him because of your well known man crush on him.. Or Taylor, and Kahu.

You can point out what Niko did all you like. No one is excusing Niko or saying he isn't at fault.

The simple fact is, Gillett should have cut it down long before that. He didn't. Even if Thurston passed, Cooper wasn't running a line at that particular time so not much of a threat. He sat back and let Thurston play. What makes it worse is that he didn't read the play properly. It's either that or he was just lazy and he wasn't there to plug up the hole. Cooper one-on-one with Niko, everyone knows what Thurston was going to do. It's his go to play. The famous flat short ball to Cooper. Thurston had been trying to set up for that all night long.

Even if Thurston stepped back in, he was covered.

To completely absolve Gillett is just ridiculous. He was the reason why Thurston was even in a position to use that play. If Parker was there, Gillett would have been copping a spray..

Apart from that, why the **** was a halfback left to mark up on a backrower? Cooper is Gillett's man, not Kodi's.

The reality is it was almost entirely Nikorima's fault, he was ball-watching instead of keeping his head up and look at his man, I watched the replay a few times from a few angles, Nikorima looks up about 1 second before Cooper receives the ball, and by that time it's too late for him to get in front of him.

As far as I can tell Gillett didn't really make a mistake, he had Thurston if he tried to dummy and run and he trusted that Nikorima could at least put a body on the man running the line, to say that Gillett is at fault for not "shutting it down earlier" is a bit of a stretch, if Gillett rushes out of the defensive formation to try and shut down Thurston and misjudges it or mistimes it by even 0.2 of a second, it's a try every day of the week, either to Cooper running the line, or out the back to Hampton who would've had a 3 on 2 out wide, hardly worth the risk.

Gillet’s man is Cooper in in those pictures, Nikorima SHOULD have been covering the sweeper but he had to stay tied in because Gillet was lazy on Thurston at the start of the play. If Gillet gets up early and forces the pass from Thurston Kodi could make a play either way, either shut down on Cooper or shift out to the sweeper. Because Thurston had all the time in the world it put Kodi in two minds.

I think Thurston is in for a tough year. he has slowed just enough for teams to be able to attack him when he's in possession.
I think we will start to see him sacked more and more.

The reality is it was almost entirely Nikorima's fault, he was ball-watching instead of keeping his head up and look at his man, I watched the replay a few times from a few angles, Nikorima looks up about 1 second before Cooper receives the ball, and by that time it's too late for him to get in front of him.

As far as I can tell Gillett didn't really make a mistake, he had Thurston if he tried to dummy and run and he trusted that Nikorima could at least put a body on the man running the line, to say that Gillett is at fault for not "shutting it down earlier" is a bit of a stretch, if Gillett rushes out of the defensive formation to try and shut down Thurston and misjudges it or mistimes it by even 0.2 of a second, it's a try every day of the week, either to Cooper running the line, or out the back to Hampton who would've had a 3 on 2 out wide, hardly worth the risk.

In this situation you need to pressure Thurston to make a decision, either way we were shot so you need him to show his hand early and play the ball well before the line so we can then react.

I think Thurston is in for a tough year. he has slowed just enough for teams to be able to attack him when he's in possession.

tenor.gif

Having Morgan back will do him the world of good.

The contact didn't look too bad. Clearly it was.

Has anyone got the taumalolo talking about pangai jnr article

Active Now

• Redux
  • Wolfie
  • Bish
  • Skyblues87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Behind enemy lines
  • rj9
  • Bronx48
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Painin the Haas
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Gympie devil
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • I bleed Maroon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
... and 61 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.