Round 2 - Broncos vs. Dragons - Post Game Thread

Great game by the guys friday night, that defense was just epic. The effort was there and was rewarded. Fingers crossed for Hodges to be good to go, shame about McGuire, he is definitley a young gun on the up...big time. I thought Norman had a cracker of a game and the forwards just kept up the pressure for great field position. Well done!!!

My thoughts -

Joe Bond - was very dangerous. He is fast and has a good short kicking game. Kicked for one try and almost a second for Kemp. Also great support play.

Denan Kemp - looked very fast and wasn't out of place in the Centres. Came off with 15 to go with hamstring tightness, so not sure if he would be available for the broncs this week.

Jordan Kahu - didn't do much in attack, mainly because he didn't get quality ball. Knocked it on once. I thought his defence was good, came in and shut down a second man play on at least one occasion.

David Hala - didn't seem to play long minutes, knocked it on first hit-up. Defended pretty well, but didn't have as much impact as I hoped he would.

Nick Slyney - was my pick of the props, seemed to be on the whole game and did a tonne of work. Scored a very dubious try off a forward pass.

Delroy Berryman - didn't notice him too much, but no mistakes and seems quite quick.

Luke Capewell - never been a fan of his, but he played really well. Set up a few tries and was constantly threatening.

Also, good to see Hodges, Reed & McCullough (i think) there supporting the team.
I didn't notice Macca there but Norman was definitely there with Hodges and Reed

My thoughts -

Joe Bond - was very dangerous. He is fast and has a good short kicking game. Kicked for one try and almost a second for Kemp. Also great support play.

Denan Kemp - looked very fast and wasn't out of place in the Centres. Came off with 15 to go with hamstring tightness, so not sure if he would be available for the broncs this week.

Jordan Kahu - didn't do much in attack, mainly because he didn't get quality ball. Knocked it on once. I thought his defence was good, came in and shut down a second man play on at least one occasion.

David Hala - didn't seem to play long minutes, knocked it on first hit-up. Defended pretty well, but didn't have as much impact as I hoped he would.

Nick Slyney - was my pick of the props, seemed to be on the whole game and did a tonne of work. Scored a very dubious try off a forward pass.

Delroy Berryman - didn't notice him too much, but no mistakes and seems quite quick.

Luke Capewell - never been a fan of his, but he played really well. Set up a few tries and was constantly threatening.

Also, good to see Hodges, Reed & McCullough (i think) there supporting the team.

Agreed, I was very impressed with Bond. I hope he gets a chance in FG at some point. He'd add speed and skill to a side that really lacks them.

Question

Did anybody else find it inconsistent when Nightingale was allowed to play on after the quick tap? 9/10 the referees pull those back.

Thank god for Hodgey - that was the first of four tries he saved that night.

Question

Did anybody else find it inconsistent when Nightingale was allowed to play on after the quick tap? 9/10 the referees pull those back.

I've noticed them letting more quick taps happen this season actually. None quite as big as that one.

I hope that's the case, there should be as much incentive as possible for a quick tap option.

I just remember the Cowboys/Bulldogs game where JT kept getting pulled up for trying to do it.

I would have been fine if he hadn't taken the tap two meters off the mark...

ZBFbjy3.png

With the whole quick tap thing, they are working on the tap not being allowed to be taken until the second ref is in place if I remember rightly.

I still reckon the tap should be forced to be peformed the same way as touch football, with the ball placed on the ground and touched by the foot.

That and all of your own side being onside

Question

They need to have clear cut rules for this. Taking those quick taps can obviously lead to massive metres gained and potentially points. You cannot have some refs letting it go and others pulling it up for various reasons, iut should be uniformed for every game and the coaches and players made aware of it.

I would have been fine if he hadn't taken the tap two meters off the mark...

ZBFbjy3.png

Frig that picture makes me angry, quite a few players not caring and not in position. Look at how far in front of the line that idiot is when playing the ball. The refs are retards and let the dragons get away with a lot more than the broncos.

Frig that picture makes me angry, quite a few players not caring and not in position. Look at how far in front of the line that idiot is when playing the ball. The refs are retards and let the dragons get away with a lot more than the broncos.

Agreed. And I am glad I'm not the only pone who felt the decisions were a little lopsided. Making the victory that much sweeter.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Jedhead
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skyblues87
  • barker
  • Lurker
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • Manofoneway
  • BooKhaki
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • heartly87
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • LGH
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.