Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
[emoji102]
This. SO MUCH THIS. Send the ARL broke. Send the shit clubs broke. Restart next year with a new administration, new balance of power, etc. I truly hope this coronavirus smashes the NRL and does what Super League threatened but couldn't quite pull it off.

The top level of RL in this country needs a MASSIVE fucking shake up. I hope this is it.
Wow guys. I'm getting word that club CEOs are already pursuing for this behind closed doors. Shh

Rabbits looked very beatable last week against an injury ravaged Sharks side.

"Superstar" Latrell was hooked after 3 runs and 1 error in 55 minutes and their pack seems to lack the teeth to go with their backline.

Reynolds, Walker and Cook are all very dangerous and we can't give them too many opportunities or they will put points on the board.

I think our forwards can get over the top and as long as we are disciplined and keep Cook quiet through the middle of the field we should be able to come away with the W. The task is harder without TPJ - let's hope Glenn is back for this one.

As usual, it depends which Broncos side shows up. I am just hoping to see some consistency and continue building on what we saw last week.

Rabbits looked very beatable last week against an injury ravaged Sharks side.

"Superstar" Latrell was hooked after 3 runs and 1 error in 55 minutes and their pack seems to lack the teeth to go with their backline.

Reynolds, Walker and Cook are all very dangerous and we can't give them too many opportunities or they will put points on the board.

I think our forwards can get over the top and as long as we are disciplined and keep Cook quiet through the middle of the field we should be able to come away with the W. The task is harder without TPJ - let's hope Glenn is back for this one.

As usual, it depends which Broncos side shows up. I am just hoping to see some consistency and continue building on what we saw last week.

Their pack is rubbish and Bennett is crazy moving Murray to the second row. He also did the following shifts during the game: Murray to lock Lowe to second row, AJ to FB Lazy Latrell off, Sua off Lowe switching to his side of the field (wtf), three middles off at the same time (which turned the momentum of the first half. If he does this against us Haas and co will absolute roll through their reserve graders on the bench). The bloke has lost the plot.

In regards to TPJ, if you make a mistake once, fair enough. It happened and learn from it. If you make the same mistake over and over again, it then isn't a mistake, it is a choice. He is the million dollar body below a ten cent head. I mean come on really....on your first bloody tackle of the year? I knew he was going to get pinged the second I saw it. FKN stupid.

Ethan Bullemore to come in for TPJ?

Ethan Bullemore to come in for TPJ?
We're probably getting close to allowing an exemption for a development player if Glenn pulls out again.

It would be Lodge, Offa, TPJ and Glenn all unavailable along with Palacia (our only other forward in the top 30)

Their pack is rubbish and Bennett is crazy moving Murray to the second row. He also did the following shifts during the game: Murray to lock Lowe to second row, AJ to FB Lazy Latrell off, Sua off Lowe switching to his side of the field (wtf), three middles off at the same time (which turned the momentum of the first half. If he does this against us Haas and co will absolute roll through their reserve graders on the bench). The bloke has lost the plot.

I see this as another Seibold vs Bennett "grudge match" and I reckon Souths will lift for this, absolutely. For mine there should be no talk about this game being anything but extremely tough. The last thing Bennett and Souths will want is Seibold to crow(e).

A side with Mitchell, Reynolds, Cook and Murray in it is never one to be discounted. Boyd on Roberts is a worry - they will play to our left side a lot. The way Oates left his wing last week was disgraceful. If he does that agin they will smash us out there. If ever our defence needs to be 110%, this match is it.

Last edited:
In regards to TPJ, if you make a mistake once, fair enough. It happened and learn from it. If you make the same mistake over and over again, it then isn't a mistake, it is a choice. He is the million dollar body below a ten cent head. I mean come on really....on your first bloody tackle of the year? I knew he was going to get pinged the second I saw it. FKN stupid.

he is what he is....mind you, for the rest of the game he was very good....one of three players to go the 80...lets hope though, as you said, he gets it out of the way now and not a week before finals...if indeed we HAVE finals..!

Roberts vs Boyd will (if it's still happening) definitely be interesting. Roberts' go to play is just running around the opposition, and Boyd's lateral movement can be a bit worrying.

Roberts vs Boyd will (if it's still happening) definitely be interesting. Roberts' go to play is just running around the opposition, and Boyd's lateral movement can be a bit worrying.
The saving grace might be that Boyd tends to stay outside his man and he’s getting beaten on the inside off a right foot step...I don’t think Roberts has a right foot step...never saw him beat anyone on the inside....

I think the Sharks exposed some really frailties in the Rabbitohs. Indeed, a couple of bad attacking options go their way, I reckon the Sharks win easily.

Souths starting 3 middles are good, but after that their forwards become a bit soft. Win in the forwards and you’ll shut down their backs.

I hope Wayne persists with playing players out of their best positions. Cameron Murray as an edge forward was... interesting.

These injuries and suspensions definitely open up some opportunities. I'm keen to see how Hopoate goes playing on an edge, and most definitely keen to see how Bullemor goes.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Staggs
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft (c)
8. Flegler
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Hopoate
13. Carrigan (c)

14. McCullough
15. Farnworth
16. Kennedy
17. Bullemor

I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if Hopoate gets a spell, Oates moves to right-edge backrow and Farnworth goes to left wing. You could argue that'd be our best 13 from this 17.

The cowboys got a lot of quick play the balls and developed a lot of momentum through the centre of the field, luckily they did not convert on this. However, if we let souths do the same, cook, reynolds and walker will convert on it.

Hoppa ain't the best in the SR, maybe Carrigan goes SR and Hoppa lock.

Hoppa ain't the best in the SR, maybe Carrigan goes SR and Hoppa lock.

Has Carrigan played out wide? He doesn't seem particularly suited to it IMO.

I hope that dog shot Roberts put on Oates last year at Suncorp (when he was on the ground, helpless) is played a few time to the boys this week.
If TPJ's shot was a grade 2 and missed 4 wks (obviously due to carry overs) Roberts should have seen a similar stint on the side lines, but of course he didn't.
Get 'em lads!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Nerd
  • Mister Wright
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • NSW stables
  • mrslong
  • Gympie devil
  • rj9
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Cavalo
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  • HarryAllan7
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.