Round 2 Discussion

How's the nerves [MENTION=8536]Super Freak[/MENTION]? So with this bet, do you still claim some winnings if the Sharks win tonight?

How's the nerves @Super Freak ? So with this bet, do you still claim some winnings if the Sharks win tonight?

Well I couldn't sleep properly. It's been a bloody hectic weekend, that's for sure.

If Sharks win, I don't win anything.

I'm pretty confident Bulldogs can pull off a win. They have a pretty good record over Cronulla lately, and Cronulla are missing several key players.

No doubt my confidence will drop as kick off approaches, as it has for every single game apart from the Roosters vs Eels game.

Last edited:
On another note, I need to buy a new foxtel remote today.

Mine kind of got thrown last night when I thought the ref called a forward pass for the Raiders try that put them in the lead.

On another note, I need to buy a new foxtel remote today.

Mine kind of got thrown last night when I thought the ref called a forward pass for the Raiders try that put them in the lead.

Lol, I understand you can buy themed Foxtel remotes, perhaps a Bulldogs remote would be fitting considering the money your set to win. :takdir:

Anyway, I'll be cheering the Bulldogs for you and hoping it all goes smoothly. What an absolute champion effort it's going to be!

Lol, I understand you can buy themed Foxtel remotes, perhaps a Bulldogs remote would be fitting considering the money your set to win. :takdir:

Anyway, I'll be cheering the Bulldogs for you and hoping it all goes smoothly. What an absolute champion effort it's going to be!

Thank you.

I might have to pick up one of those remotes lol. I think I'll get one for every team that's won this week.

Haha @Super Freak !

Will be be backing the Doggies for you tonight, which is a minor miracle in itself. ;)

Considering the theory, "...you only hear about the wins (with gamblers)", how many times have you punted on picking the whole 8 wins of the round? Just out of interest? Either way, 7/7 is mighty impressive, especially this round!

This is actually the first time I've tried it.

I've placed plenty of bets on just single games and first try scorers, but never for a whole round. I never liked the odds, as they're usually a long shot, especially in round 2!

I had some money left over from a previous bet so I decided to just go for it. It might just pay off.

I don't think I'll be doing it again for a while. Damn near had several heart attacks this week.

Bulldogs v Sharks preview - NRL.com

Bulldogs v Sharks
ANZ Stadium
Monday 7pm (AEDT)

What has poor old Peter Sharp gotten himself into? Taking the reins down in the Shire as Shane Flanagan serves his NRL suspension, the Sharks endured the Monday night from hell as they were ground down in an 18-12 loss to the Titans.

Talismanic skipper Paul Gallen joined key men Todd Carney, Beau Ryan, Luke Lewis, Anthony Tupou and Jeff Robson on the club’s injured list and $4 million-dollar man Andrew Fifita left Remondis Stadium signed with the boys from Bankstown. Oh, and Fifita found himself on report for a shoulder charge that will rule him out for two weeks right when the Sharks need his game-busting ability most.

Anything else? Well truth be told, the undermanned Sharks were very average against the Titans; running for 400 less metres than the Gold Coast, making only one line break and four offloads in the first 70 minutes and playing themselves out of the match with silly penalties and poor fifth-tackle options over the last half-hour with the result in the balance.

The silver lining for Cronulla? Canterbury were not much better in their first outing of 2014, hammering the Broncos’ line for the final twenty minutes only to come away with nothing but wistful observations that without Ben Barba their attack is more chihuahua than Bulldog.

Clearly missing the spark the enigmatic Queenslander provided from the back, the Bulldogs will look to five-eighth Josh Reynolds’ renowned running game to get their offence moving, while Trent Hodkinson turns out in his 50th appearance for the club since following Hasler to Belmore in 2011.

The Sharks' former NSW five eighth Carney is again out with a hamstring injury for Members' Round.
The loss of Gallen to an ankle injury is a huge blow, while reserve prop Siosaia Vave has also been outed by the judiciary - handing David Fifita a NRL debut. The big talking point for tonight will be the impending NRL debut of brilliant young Sharks hooker Michael Lichaa - believed to be signed with the Bulldogs for next season. With both Lichaa and Isaac De Gois in the squad, John Morris will likely move to five-eighth. Penani Manumalealii has also been touted for a debut tonight and veteran Chris Heighington is back form injury.

The Bulldogs named an unchanged side from Round, with boom youngster Moses Mbye to drop off the bench. The club will be buoyant after the mid-week re-signing of England Test prop James Graham.

Watch Out Bulldogs: The Sharks are under the pump for the umpteenth time in the last 12 months and this is where they thrive. And with the Dogs leading one hell of a recruitment drive through the Shire, snaring Fifita and perhaps also gun Junior Kangaroos hooker Lichaa, the embattled visitors would love nothing more to stick it to the club seemingly taking advantage of the turmoil the Sharks find themselves in.

Carney is undoubtedly the Sharks' main threat, so the Bulldogs have dodged a bullet for tonight's clash.

Watch Out Sharks: Sam Perrett has been nothing if not consistent since transferring to the Dogs in early 2012 and with 18 tries from 25 appearances and nine line breaks last year, you can set your watch to the Kiwi international continuing these numbers as he settles into his new fullback role.

Big Frankie Pritchard has taken to the captaincy with gusto and was one of the few consistent threats for the Bulldogs on the edge of the ruck last week, pole-axing Broncos second-rower Todd Lowrie and proving himself a handful in both attack and defence. Coming up against a right side defence of Jono Wright, Matt Prior and Blake Ayshford that hasn’t played too much football together, Pritchard could well have himself a field day.

Plays To Watch: The Bulldogs big boppers will like their chances of getting on top of the depleted Sharks pack, and if they start offloading it could make for a long night for the visitors.

Last year Josh Reynolds (33), Dale Finucane (28), Tony Willams (27) and Chase Stanley (22) all got their arms free regularly and if the Dogs can generate some second-phase play it will also go a long way to laying the all important platform for their halves and outside backs to capitalise on.

Where It Will Be Won: Whichever side can kick-start their faltering attacks will get the lollies this Monday, as both line-ups know how to grind out a win once they get in front.

With the Sharks missing key attacking weapons in Gallen, Fifita, Robson and Carney, the Dogs hold a clear advantage when it comes to personnel capable of getting their offense rolling.

The History: Played 96; Sharks 38, Bulldogs 56, drawn 2. The Dogs have won seven of their last eight against the Sharks and if they’re up at half-time it could be time to shut the gate – six of those wins have come when the Bulldogs have been in front at the break.

What Are The Odds: Money has come in thick and fast for the Bulldogs, who opened as the $1.38 favourite with Sportsbet.com.au. The Sharks were opened at $2.90 but quickly passed $3. With the injury news around Gallen and Carney bad and Fifita suspended, the Sharks starting at $4 is odds-on.

Match Officials: Referees – Matt Cecchin & Alan Shortall; Sideline Officials – Ricky MacFarlane, Gavin Reynolds; Video Referees – Steve Chiddy, Ben Galea.

Televised: Fox Sports 1 – Live 7pm (AEDT).

The Way We See It: Based on the first weekend’s action it’s hard to see this one being a high-scoring affair, though don’t be surprised if the Sharks come out firing early with a few points to prove after what will be another trying week for the club.

It’s hard to see the Dogs not aiming up after such a disappointing Round 1 effort and they should prove too strong for a Sharks outfit missing so many of its stars. Bulldogs by 8 points.

*Statistics: Champion Data.

Last edited:
I just got told Carney is definitely out. Penani Manumalealii will be taking his place.

David Fifita and Michael Lichaa should make their debuts tonight.

Gotta say, I'm becoming more and more of a fan of Paul Vaughan. Reckon he's already pretty much Canberra's best prop behind an in form Shillington, and I can't recall him playing a poor game, even in the WC.

Gotta say, I'm becoming more and more of a fan of Paul Vaughan. Reckon he's already pretty much Canberra's best prop behind an in form Shillington, and I can't recall him playing a poor game, even in the WC.

I think he had a good game off the bench last night.

147 metres, 1 tackle break, 1 try, 24 tackles, missed none.

All of that in just 44 minutes. That's pretty good considering Knights were by far the stronger side in the middle of the field.

Did anyone think Darcy Lussick was lucky to stay on the field on Saturday night?

I thought he should've been sinbinned at the very least his hits were intentional and reckless

Did anyone think Darcy Lussick was lucky to stay on the field on Saturday night?

I thought he should've been sinbinned at the very least his hits were intentional and reckless

I thought he was lucky that JWH didn't rip his head off.

He was very lucky imo. Refs should start to look at using the sin bin for serious offenses like that. He went in with the intention to hurt him or instigate something.

He never once tried to go low. He had his sights set on his head..

Could be wrong but I'm sure you cannot sin bin somebody for a high tackle - it's either a send off or merely a penalty.

I believe a ref can if he feels it's necessary.

SECTION 15
PLAYER’S MISCONDUCT
Definition of 1. A player is guilty of misconduct if he:
misconduct
(b) when effecting or attempting to effect a tackle
makes contact with the head or neck of an
opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly.
(i) behaves in any way contrary to the true spirit of
the game.

Power to dismiss 6. In the event of misconduct by a player, the Referee
shall, at his discretion, caution, temporarily suspend
for ten minutes, or dismiss the offender.

Maybe I didn't read that right. I do believe they can, it's just preferred if they don't and deal with it in the usual manner.

No changes to Bulldogs squad.

Sharks line up.

1. Gordon
2. Feki
3. Ayshford
4. Leutelu
5. Wright
6. Manumalealii
7. Holdsworth
8. Gybbs
9. Morris
10. Tagataese
11. Graham (c)
12. Sopoaga
13. Arona

14. Prior
15. Lichaa
16. Heighington
17. Fifita

Last edited:
PRITCHARD SCORES!!

Conversion successful.

6-0

Pritchard proving to be a handful for the Sharks right side defense.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Alec
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • bazza
  • Browny
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • The True King
  • Broncs1459
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.