Round 2 Discussion

Do you know how hard it is for supporters to turn up every week when you know your team is going to get 30 points scored against them. It wasn't were we going to lose today, it was by how much. We rebuilt our brand and our team and slowly but surely it gained in numbers. Plus it was a Sunday game. I am annoyed we didn't get more today.

And yet, it seems like the crowd figures don't even reach the membership numbers that Souths proudly proclaim. I'll accept that there are members that don't live in the region so can't attend games, but when you add to the mix that at least some of the crowd would be fans from their opponent, especially if it's another Sydney team, the numbers don't add up. Almost like there are a heap of people that jump on board the bandwagon, they want everyone to know that they love the Rabbitohs, bit in reality don't love them enough to, y'know, attend the games. It's all about the scarves & beanies?

Anybody else think Cornish might turn out to be a fairly big dud?

Ryan Hoffman. Is there a more over rated player?

Came up with 21 runs for 163 meters, a couple of tackle busts a try and 20 tackles. Not to bad for tonight by any means. Valuable member of the Storm's success and his role in their 2012 premiership and NSW's series win last year is underrated. Pretty good player by any standard if you ask me.

Anybody else think Cornish might turn out to be a fairly big dud?

Ricky Stuart has never made a rookie halfback flourish beside established ones. The kid has talent and is already and improvement on Campese.

And yet, it seems like the crowd figures don't even reach the membership numbers that Souths proudly proclaim. I'll accept that there are members that don't live in the region so can't attend games, but when you add to the mix that at least some of the crowd would be fans from their opponent, especially if it's another Sydney team, the numbers don't add up. Almost like there are a heap of people that jump on board the bandwagon, they want everyone to know that they love the Rabbitohs, bit in reality don't love them enough to, y'know, attend the games. It's all about the scarves & beanies?

Well I have had my membership for the last 10 years but I rarely attend on my ticket. I attend on one of my fiancees family ticket (they have 5 season tickets). Those tickets are not in my name, we spoke about changing my seat in to my name a few years after we moved to ANZ but we were nervous of losing the seats if the club stuffed anything up around renewal time. So there is one reason right off the bat for me. Together we have 6 seats but only ever sit in 4.

I don't know what the membership numbers break down is but Rabbitohs supporters see it as a financial contribution to the club and may not be able to attend games. It is very much an AFL mentality we are trying to build in regards to memberships. No matter what you do, you join up to the club. You are happy to pay the $100 for a non ticketed membership or pay $245 (like I do) for a season ticket I never sit in. I want to be able to say I am a Season Ticket holder. I pretty much work it out as up to about 25,000 members who attend for a majority of the year and the 7,000 include tickets like mine above and the fans who are not capable of getting to games due to not living in Sydney or in NSW.

Other than that I don't know why Sydney siders don't get out more. I don't think it is a band wagon as our membership numbers hit last years levels pretty quickly and we still haven't hit our 35,000 target. If it was a band wagon, we would have hit that number by now. I see all the same faces that sit around us, that turned up when we were shit. I even see people that used to sit around us at SFS or when I used to work for the club.

Broncos fans have no idea what it is like to support a team that is going shit. It might have been hard to support the Broncos in the Griffin / Hendrick era's but to be fair the teams were still competitive and the club was able to attract players. Nothing compared to the nightmare that Souths supporters have seen. So give us/them a break.

So I agree that the crowd wasn't good enough for a local rivalry but it is far from a band wagon.

Anyways long rant over.

We're only moments away from the Wests Tigers vs St George Illawarra Dragons clash.

A few late changes...

Wests Tigers
IN: Jack Buchanan
OUT: Matt Lodge (suspension)

St George Illawarra
IN: Peter Matai'utia, Heath Le'strange
OUT: Josh Dugan (ankle), Ben Creagh

Jack de Belin comes into the starting side for Creagh while Rory O'Bren is into the starting team for George Rose.

If the Dragons score 13+ we'll be the lowest scoring team in the competition through 2 rounds. Not a flattering stat when you consider one of those games was the Sharks and the other was at home.

Strange game already.

First that mistake by Nightingale off the Marshall tap on tackle one.

Now Keithy blows what could have been one of those fluke ricochet tries.

If the Dragons score 13+ we'll be the lowest scoring team in the competition through 2 rounds. Not a flattering stat when you consider one of those games was the Sharks and the other was at home.

Well we have played two top 4 teams, apparently..

It's been the Tedesco show so far.

Great tackle by one of BHQ's favourite non-Broncos Marty Taupau to force the ball loose.

Dragons look weak up the middle.

Tedesco sets up another.

Smith isn't wrong here - the Blues fullback stocks are pretty strong in Morris, Moylan, Stewart & Tedesco.

Thought the Dragons were dudded on that occasion though. I've seen that considered a charge down more often than not and they should have had another set in good field position.

Now they're 14-0 down and it's only been 20 minutes.

C'mon Pat another couple of tries and convert them please.

The Tigers are on fire. It's mind boggling how the Dragons have had salary cap issues

Nightingale just played the ball to himself. :laugh:

Thank you, Dragons.

And people complain about our attack..

Dragons have only scored 2 tries in 2 games.

Active Now

• jd87
  • GCBRONCO
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • Aldo
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  • bb_gun
  • ezpz
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.