Round 2 - Raiders vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I have to say, I don't like our chances. [icon_lol1.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
If Anderson starts i expect him to end up in the crowd when he makes his first run

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
IMO we need to choose a hooker and stick with him for 80 mins.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Macca probably would have played longer had he not been hooked.

Hunt was given game time because Q Cup isn't up and running.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Bucking Beads said:
IMO we need to choose a hooker and stick with him for 80 mins.

Cant agree anymore.

I'm sick of seeing these small halfbacks / 5/8's on the bench. If its not Hunt its Norman. McCollough is in his third season and he seems to be playing less and less time. What happened tonight? He played like 25mins!!!! He needs to play 80mins to free up another bench spot for a extra foward. It pisses me off that we only have one prop on the bench because McCollough cant play 80mins.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
The Rock said:
No McCollough CAN play 80 minutes, he just isn't given the opportunity to do so. He played 80 minutes in quite a few games last year and the year before.

He needs to be able to play 80mins EVERY game. Not just some games. He is great in defence but i swear the next idiot who falls for his dummy will be shot by his coach!!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
No McCollough CAN play 80 minutes, he just isn't given the opportunity to do so. He played 80 minutes in quite a few games last year and the year before.

TBH I don't think he deserves 80 mins. IMO Hunt looks the more likely to become the better hooker.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":39w1x7pv]No McCollough CAN play 80 minutes, he just isn't given the opportunity to do so. He played 80 minutes in quite a few games last year and the year before.

TBH I don't think he deserves 80 mins. IMO Hunt looks the more likely to become the better hooker.[/quote:39w1x7pv]

I dont think Hunts defence is good enough to be a 80min hooker. If he is going to play it needs to be at 7. He is being waisted at hooker and so is a bench spot.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
honestly, hunt can't do any worse than wallace. wallace is contributing NOTHING of note.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
The Rock said:
Donny said:
[quote="The Rock":31wq4cjy]No McCollough CAN play 80 minutes, he just isn't given the opportunity to do so. He played 80 minutes in quite a few games last year and the year before.

He needs to be able to play 80mins EVERY game. Not just some games. He is great in defence but i swear the next idiot who falls for his dummy will be shot by his coach!!

I KNOW that. That's what I've been saying. He should be given 80 minutes EVERY game. Do you seriously think that Henjak didn't give him 80 minutes because he couldn't physically handle it? Nope. It's been because of the push for Ben Hunt. If Ben Hunt doesn't play, you can betchya that McCollough will be given 80 minutes.

And he always has better games when given 80 minutes.

Hunt should drop off from the bench and McCollough should play 80 minutes and we can put another forward rotation on the bench.[/quote:31wq4cjy]

Agree 100%

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Glenn to play hooker 80 mins. No stinky brain farts from him. Good defense, solid passing game, footy smarts.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'd rather McCullough be dropped all together if he's not going to step it up. Nothing but shit performances lately and with a shit forward pack if the hooker isn't performing it only makes it a lot worse.

I would really like to see Wallace go to hooker with Hunt at halfback.
He's played hooker before with Penrith and went alright and his defence is pretty much one of the best in the team. He's got the traits to be a good hooker and Hunt IMO has more creativity than Wallace so would be a better halfback.

It's not that I don't like McCullough it's just that I honestly can't remember him having more than 1 or 2 decent games in the last year and was shit again tonight, you can't keep giving him chances IMO.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
broncospwn said:
I'd rather McCullough be dropped all together if he's not going to step it up. Nothing but shit performances lately and with a shit forward pack if the hooker isn't performing it only makes it a lot worse.

I would really like to see Wallace go to hooker with Hunt at halfback.
He's played hooker before with Penrith and went alright and his defence is pretty much one of the best in the team. He's got the traits to be a good hooker and Hunt IMO has more creativity than Wallace so would be a better halfback.

It's not that I don't like McCullough it's just that I honestly can't remember him having more than 1 or 2 decent games in the last year and was shit again tonight, you can't keep giving him chances IMO.
I'd give the current combo a few more games, but this definitely looks like a good option IMO.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Mccullough's had more good games in the last year than Wallace!

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
1. Hoffman
2. Gagai
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Anderson
11. Thaiday
12. Te'o
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Gillett
16. Tronc
17. McGuire

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Brizz said:
1. Hoffman
2. Gagai
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Anderson
11. Thaiday
12. Te'o
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Gillett
16. Tronc
17. McGuire

icon_thumbs_u

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
The Brizz said:
1. Hoffman
2. Gagai
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Anderson
11. Thaiday
12. Te'o
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Gillett
16. Tronc
17. McGuire

Agree Teo needs to start.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Everyone knows I'm a Hunt fan, but **** me I can't justify picking him on the turd sandwich he dished up last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Alihaider
  • Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.