PRE-GAME Round 2 - Sharks vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm.. No.

He ran for over 200m and made 35 tackles.

I'll admit he had a few silly errors but I'd kill to have him at the Broncos.

Thinking I might have had him confused with Tamou. Never watch any other games only broncos these days. Both played for NSW as a prop so mixed them up some how.

I have always been of the belief that Wayne telling Joey O that he wouldn't play until 2016 was pure motivation, a 'show me I'm wrong' challenge.

Hoping his inclusion means that he has responded to the challenge laid down

It certainly seems that way, I was just surprised because I really kept a close eye on him on Thursday and it seemed like he was making these mistakes that would keep him out of first grade. I'll give you an example. The Broncos NYC Fullback had just raced 90m untouched to give the Broncos all the momentum but before they could add to their tally they had to defend their try-line again because Ofahengaue made the meal of the kick-off and found himself taking the ball over dead. In a way, he was fortunate that Souths completely miss timed and spilled a simple fringe run because it could have really cost the Broncos.

But I'm glad he's got a shot. I see more in him than I do in other players and really think he could become a big part of our future. I'm really looking forward to his debut and I'm feeling very positive about it.

It's funny, when you follow these players like I do, it feels like a life-time ago I was logging into ourfootyteam.com to see what the AIC team looked like and being really happy to see Joe in a Broncos shirt. Coincidentally, it was the first time I had heard of Corey Oates as well, all I remember about him was that in every match report I read, he was on the try-scorer sheet.

It certainly seems that way, I was just surprised because I really kept a close eye on him on Thursday and it seemed like he was making these mistakes that would keep him out of first grade. I'll give you an example. The Broncos NYC Fullback had just raced 90m untouched to give the Broncos all the momentum but before they could add to their tally they had to defend their try-line again because Ofahengaue made the meal of the kick-off and found himself taking the ball over dead. In a way, he was fortunate that Souths completely miss timed and spilled a simple fringe run because it could have really cost the Broncos.

But I'm glad he's got a shot. I see more in him than I do in other players and really think he could become a big part of our future. I'm really looking forward to his debut and I'm feeling very positive about it.

It's funny, when you follow these players like I do, it feels like a life-time ago I was logging into ourfootyteam.com to see what the AIC team looked like and being really happy to see Joe in a Broncos shirt. Coincidentally, it was the first time I had heard of Corey Oates as well, all I remember about him was that in every match report I read, he was on the try-scorer sheet.

IMO we are saving Oates until we have forwards and a back line that can actually get the ball out to the wingers.

Is Maranta blowing Bennett? He'd be the worst winger in the Comp by far. He offers us nothing what so ever. I hope He is giving Oates some match fitness in ISC and brings him back in the team next week. Would like to see him and Vidot on the wings bis strong runners that have fast play the balls.

Wallace is like the forward version of Maranta, except less likeable.

jarrod fucking wallace? you have to be kidding. did bennett promise griffin that he'll keep using the same shitty players as a farewell gift or something? jack reed and maranta must be giving double blowies every night to someone because there is no way they'd play first grade for any other club. oh well at least thaiday has been benched and joey O is getting a go.

Very happy at these changes. I was pretty disappointed when WB said Joe wouldn't play this year and given past history I thought he'd live up to that. Hope he kills it.

Kodi is interesting. Still don't rate him anywhere near as much as his brother he has the ability to inject a lot of speed and attacking intent. I think probably just the player that Milford needs around him.

A better side yet I would have like to have seen Oates in the side over Thaiday or Wallace. Oates can be a game breaker. Neither of those are atm

Oates belongs in our best 17 but I think Wayne is doing a good job of managing him and ensuring he'll be right for the entire season.

jarrod fucking wallace? you have to be kidding. did bennett promise griffin that he'll keep using the same shitty players as a farewell gift or something?

Got a better prop we can use? With Gavet suspended & Dodds injured, Ofahengaue on the bench, the only other props on our entire roster are Wallace, Garbutt & Molo.

Obviously Garbutt & Molo aren't exactly kicking the door down to get a spot.

Yeah but Jarrod Wallace!! There's just something about that name that grinds my gears......

I was hoping for Reed to be replaced with Vidot and Copley shoved back into the centres.

Good move Thaiday to the bench......

Otherwise, I'm confident we'll bash the Sharks.

Vidot wasn't named for the jets this weekend

Could be injured or perhaps Bennet has kept him out of their team for a reason...hopefully a late inclusion

That's big, that's a huge inclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brocko
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • theshed
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • winslow_wong
  • ezpz
  • Allo
  • The True King
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • mrslong
  • Aldo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.