vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before we head into tonights game, do you guys have any memories from prior games against the Sharks?

Personally I've got a lot of deja vu from 2006. Not that we're going to go onto win a premiership, we're not there yet but in that we were absolutely flogged by a gun team in Round 1 on home soil and went down to Cronulla to stop the rot.

In the first half, it seemed like more of the same for the Broncos. Cronulla cruised to a 14 point lead and should have scored more points if Covell didn't bomb an easy opportunity but in the second we clawed our way back in through our forwards and the work of Michael Ennis who finds himself playing for the other team this evening.

In the end, it came down to a piece of magic from our halves. Firstly from Seymour to put in the kick and chase before Lockyer summed it up with some brilliant support play and kick ahead for McGuire who did a fair job out in the centres, filling in for Hodges, to score in the corner and earn the win.

Hardly the most convincing win in Broncos history, but definitely one of the hardest fought.

As a bonus, does anyone remember the last time these two teams met at Remondis Stadium? It was Round 13 2011 and it was an important game in the context of the Broncos season as they had just lost their past three games in a row and things had looked very dicey against Penrith and Manly in particular. Fortunately, they were able to piece it together against a lowly Cronulla side and would go onto have one of their more succesful regular seasons in the club's history.

It wasn't the most exciting affair but the game did include one of the most memorable tries in Broncos history as Alex Glenn chased a clearing kick that looked to be going dead for all money and completely surprised Sharks fullback Nathan Gardner by planting it right underneath his nose. It was a crucial try that well and truly swung momentum the Broncos way.

The future was looking pretty good for the Broncos with the likes of Beale, Yow Yeh, McCullough, Glenn, Baptiste, Dodds and Hala all showing some good signs.

Since 2010 the Broncos have lost all four games the week after losing by 30 or more.

Joe will be Bronco 210
Kodi Bronco 211.

Joe is good to go and recovered from flu.

I'll be in Byron Bay tonight. What time will the game be played there? I'll be going to a pub to watch it and there's no way I'm missing out.

I'll be in Byron Bay tonight. What time will the game be played there? I'll be going to a pub to watch it and there's no way I'm missing out.

9:30pm Sydney time for the Broncos game.

On paper, the Sharks will be hard to beat, but last week they appeared very rusty. I wouldn't lose to much sleep over last week's loss to the bunnies , I think this will be a close game but the Bronco's will win.

Before we head into tonights game, do you guys have any memories from prior games against the Sharks?

Last years Round 16 abysmal capitulation will remain with me forever.

To have the match sewn up and then let it go like that................ and no less to a Sharks outfit that couldn't win a thing.......oh did I swear after that game......................I get a nervous twitch just thinking about it.

2006 during the Origin period. Shane Perry went great at halfback without the Origin stars. Was my MOTM, possibly the CH9 one too.

Memorable games...

A couple of years ago on a Sunday afternoon I think, the Shark Tank in the corner at Suncorp singing "put your hands up for De Gois, I love this city (or something similar" to the sound of Put Your Hands up For Detroit.

Over and over again. And De Gois had a blinder from memory.

The other was Origin week a couple of years ago (2012?) and Wade Graham bashing and bullying our reserve grade and under 20s squad for 80 minutes. It was embarrasing and that goofy looking fuckhead had a shit eating grin on his face like "this is my house" the whole night.

Probably the highlight of his career.

Guys like Shitchurch and Hoffman just rag dolled all night. I think that was the night Dunamis Lui threw up on the field.

Last years Round 16 abysmal capitulation will remain with me forever.

To have the match sewn up and then let it go like that................ and no less to a Sharks outfit that couldn't win a thing.......oh did I swear after that game......................I get a nervous twitch just thinking about it.

Man, and here I thought I've managed to completely successfully forget that game.

Guess well see who's saying I told you so in a years time.
We'll need an independent adjudicator tallying up all the "I told you so's" to make sure the chest puffing title goes to the right person, can't leave that up to someone biased!

Sharks have lost 8 in row at home- going for a record of 9 tonight equal to their '68-'69 effort.

If this is a win it will be ugly and nothing special, this has to be a go get the cash and get home kill. Benny has nailed the basics all week, simple football stuff that was wrong last week.

He told Sam before the press conference what he was going to say and why, Sam agreed and Benny has delivered with changes now too. It's a young bench with two debutants and that will be interesting to see how they are handled. Joe has still been told he's not long term yet and don't be surprised if he isn't there next week again- but he's given a chance tonight and even that was done with no fan fare. He was just walking through the gym and Benny said you've got a game Friday night.

Joe has slowly learnt the physical side of his role, two years ago he played colts for the Jets and played out wide. Last year Hodges taught him how to use his body and he had a great year. He played well in Wigan, then got sick or he might of played last week too.

Nikorima has filled in this week at hooker and halves, unless injury strikes I can see him played 7 minutes if that.

I'm feeling good about tonight, we have a pretty good record with games on Friday the 13th..

7 wins from 11 games.

Just play out of our skins ffs - that'll do me

... and spwn, you are absolutely right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Dash
  • levikaden
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Gaz
  • Tim K
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.