vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
McCullough has shown more promise.. Unfortunately, he just hasn't been able to build on that and take his game to the next level.

With current level McC, we will never win a premiership. There I said it.

As mentioned in another thread, I'm actually warming to a Vidot/Oates wing pairing. They won't be quick but my gosh they'll strike some fear in the opposition with size and power.

We need speed! The broncos are so boring!
1. Kahu
2. Eden
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. C Anderson or vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McG
9. McC
10. Blair
11. Gillett
12. Glenn
13 Parker
14. Parcell
15. Gavet If suspended Ofa
16. Thaiday
17. Dodds

Am liking the look of that backline. Maybe someone like Eden and Anderson can provide us with that missing speed. I dont think there will be any unforced changes though, as knowing WB, his not gona drop anyone after one game as hes sense of loyalty to players is one of his main chracteristics. We just look so lost out there though and very unthreatening in attack.

McCullough has shown more promise.. Unfortunately, he just hasn't been able to build on that and take his game to the next level.

He has shown promise when he started, sure. Unfortunately he pretty much plateaued right around the time he debuted too.

He's not a rookie anymore, he's closing in on 150 games (if he hasn't already passed it). Of the 2008 U20s graduates, Glenn, Gillett, Hunt, Yow Yeh, McGuire and even Hoffman have shown more promise since IMO. I guess McCullough can at least be proud he's ahead of guys like Dodds and Lui on that list.

149 games according to the 2015 Season Guide.

Macca looked great until it was announced Smith wasn't coming. It's a problem with this side, no one feels under pressure to perform. That's why Thaiday has to be dropped to the bench next round and Whitchurch punted for a hooker who can breathe down Macca's neck. Bennett NEEDS to make a statement this week with those two selections. Maybe Reed out and Vidot/Oates should come in somewhere. No need for wholesale changes but the team needs a reminder that no spot should be taken for granted.

Surely Bennett has the ballz to do what griffin couldn't and that's dropping players who were blatantly shithouse. Reed and Whitchurch should be goneskis and Thaiday to the bench. Wouldn't mind seeing Eden getting a crack at wing. Team needs a shake up from last year

With current level McC, we will never win a premiership. There I said it.

As mentioned in another thread, I'm actually warming to a Vidot/Oates wing pairing. They won't be quick but my gosh they'll strike some fear in the opposition with size and power.

I said the same thing in the Live Game thread, Sproj. Until we have a top 4 dummy half it's going to be extremely difficult to make a dent in the premiership.

149 games according to the 2015 Season Guide.

Pretty much says it all. My question for the Pro-Macca camp is this - what exactly can he deliver in the next 150 games that he couldn't in the previous 150? This isn't a fresh faced rookie we're talking about. Yes, his defense is good but if that's the stand out trait for your number 9 then your team is in trouble. His service out of dummy half needs to be a lot quicker. Plain and simple. Players don't get faster as they get older. I'd love to be proven wrong but I can't see it happening.

I think we missed the likes of Granville to give Macca a break, Parker was flogged and his distribution was slower than Thaiday's play the ball - not Parker's fault. Hunt should have come into Hooker, but I think we need [erhaps Nikorima off the bench for these situations.

That was last straw for me on Thaiday, the only contract he's interested in next is with channel 9, drop him, now. I wonder if he had money on the bunnies..

Vidot has to be back in, he's the only one at the back who can bring the ball back strong and the only back who can do the job of the forwards..

Last edited:
Sharks pack > our pack, gonna be tough for our halves to create anything again.

Is our pack better than any other team? I'm sure it should be but won't be with the slow motion service of our number 9. Watch Granville carve up for the Cows. Let's how Parcell and/or Nikorima blow the door down in ISC this year.

Bigger the Sharks victory tomorrow night the better IMO... would set it up for an old fashioned Wayne Bennett underdog special next friday..

Sharks pack > our pack, gonna be tough for our halves to create anything again.

I'm disappointed for you, vertigo. I know you were excited to have Wayne back and you weren't concerned about the trial results but you've just seem to lose all confidence.

What were you expecting and what had you excited for this season?

I know that Round 1 opened up some old wounds for some but I fail to see how that performance was McCullough's fault. If anything, he was one of our better players given the Broncos spent the majority of the time defending which is McCullough's specialty.

No doubt he has to improve. Everyone at the club has to, and as one of the leaders of the club, he has to improve more than others and it's really up to him from this point onto see what he's got.

I agree that the Broncos need another dummy half on the bench if Bennett isn't going to use Andrew for the full 80 and would much rather see him give a player like Parcell a shot than Nikorima and Waddell. I have my question marks over him, but I like a lot of what I've seen and as far as filling that 20 minute role I have more confidence than I have in the others.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed for you, vertigo. I know you were excited to have Wayne back and you weren't concerned about the trial results but you've just seem to lose all confidence.

What were you expecting and what had you excited for this season?

The team's still fundamentally.. mentally weak, stupid errors and wilting under pressure just seems to have carried over from last year. I was and still expect a platform of defence that we can at least work off until the combinations come in attack, the excitement will come when I can stop worrying about us only defending well for for 20-30 minutes a game.

Also, it's just a fact the Sharks pack will get on top of us, I really rate Fifita and Graham not to mention Gallen.

Last edited:
1. Kahu catch the fn BALL
2. Vidot
3. Hodges
4. Copley hang onto the fn Ball
5. Maranta
6. Milf Goalkicker
7. Hunt Goalkicker
8. Moose
9. Macca
10. Thaiday redeem yourself
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker not to be the fn Goalkicker

14. K Niko
15. Oates replace back or forward
16. Blair
17. Garbutt/Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.