Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I reckon this is another journo adding 2+2 to get 11...

Vidot barely needs to tackle on the wing, as opposed to the massive amount of tackling he would need to do as a prop.
His tackling technique should also be completely different to that of a forward, and all that would quickly drain him and make his runs inefficient.

Btw [MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION], I have seen him carry forwards many times in his hit-ups, not just the smaller guys on the edge.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
One would think Garbutt would play prop before Vidot in first grade. Vidot may make some good metres out of dummy half, but try making the same running at front rowers on the opposition team and then tackling them. I think dropping Thaiday back to the bench, Nikorama in for Whitchurch, Garbutt or Ofa in for Gavet and we should be about right. If Oates could pinch Reeds wing spot it would be nice to. Anyone know how oates went on the weekend? Was he named at wing?

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
One would think Garbutt would play prop before Vidot in first grade. Vidot may make some good metres out of dummy half, but try making the same running at front rowers on the opposition team and then tackling them. I think dropping Thaiday back to the bench, Nikorama in for Whitchurch, Garbutt or Ofa in for Gavet and we should be about right. If Oates could pinch Reeds wing spot it would be nice to. Anyone know how oates went on the weekend? Was he named at wing?

Second row for the capras and apparently played well as did Garbutt for the magpies

B

Brad Miers

NYC Player
Feb 22, 2013
Oates played all 80 minutes in 38 Degrees. Stayed in his corridor and did nothing wrong. Made a 50 meter break which lead to a nice try. Has to be somewhere in the 17 next game

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Oates played all 80 minutes in 38 Degrees. Stayed in his corridor and did nothing wrong. Made a 50 meter break which lead to a nice try. Has to be somewhere in the 17 next game

Good to hear. Mind you thats pretty much all our reserve players played well in their respective ISC games.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
After watching the game I'm pretty sure we can win comfortably. We got flogged and will want to redeem ourselves. Cronulla are a rabble, they've got points in them and a strong forward pack but I don't think they're as good a team as we are. Barba looked like Barba, he's not worth superstar money anymore and shouldn't be given the lead playmaking role, but he's a smart enough player to capitalise and I fear he'll be up for a huge game to prove a point.

they played rubbish but their forwards rolled through the middle pretty easily when they had and held on to the ball.

their footy in attacking zone is a shambles though.

barba still looks lost. didnt run the ball at all.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
They looked all out of place. But I think we will see big games from Ennis and Barba. The drug cheat will probably come out strong against a QLD team too.

It's a danger game, and Idon't expect the sharks to resemble anything close to what they were on the weekend.

The Broncos however, I'm expecting the exact same display of bullshit.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
sharks really should of won that game in the end. the waqa try cost them when they had the momentum but went down to 11 men due to feki sin bin (should never of been binned) and bukuya down injured.

fifita is a beast still.

unfortunately i'm away and wont get to watch this game though

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
The Broncos however, I'm expecting the exact same display of bullshit.

alot of our problems with ball handling and silly penalties should be easy fixes. forwards will need to muscle up though.

our speed in the ruck will probably continue to be a problem.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Good to hear. Mind you thats pretty much all our reserve players played well in their respective ISC games.

My man on the ground at one of the iSC games tells me Greg Eden had quite a dynamic game on the weekend, even putting in the kick for the final match winning try. To me, that says his has some play making skills at least and could provide not only some x factor to our attack, but also some real speed which is sadly lacking at the moment.

My only concern is if his 100% ready to face NRL first grade competition. I really feel Bennie Barba is primed for a huge game against he's old team and I fear he will be doing all he can to embarrass us and remind us all of what a talent his really is.

Would love to see Eden named in the team though.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Barba showed a lot more energy and actually looked interested to be there. He still barely bcaked up for an offload an I don't remember him taking on the line once. He did have one great try assist though, just a shame that it was assisting jack wighton tearing them to shreds.

As for the rest of the Sharks, they probably played better than us buy Souths still would've put 30 on them I we switched places. Our boys will be sore after dealing with their forward pack though.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Barba looked alright out there. Had some nice touches.

Fact is he's never going to be that 2012 dyanamo. Injuries, age and mental health issues have robbed him of that extra 10%. But he is still classy. But to evolve into something else in a different position, is going to take some serious hard work on his behalf.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
...and also, the more I hear of the likes of Vidot and Oates having blinders, the more Bennett's ploy of Whitchurch seems like a mind game to get the fringe players firing and stop taking things for granted.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
...and also, the more I hear of the likes of Vidot and Oates having blinders, the more Bennett's ploy of Whitchurch seems like a mind game to get the fringe players firing and stop taking things for granted.

I hope so.

Think we can account for the Sharks, but I'd feel happier if we had those boys back this week.

Very encouraged by talk if Oates going the full 80 in ISC. Gillett didn't look like he'd missed a beat despite surgery and lack of game time. Hoping same holds true here and that he's named tomorrow.

We don't have to contend with a surgical kicking game against Cronulla, so we could do with some more go forward. I'd have Oates, Vidot, and potentially Garbutt in for Reed/Gavet/Dodds. Thaiday to bench, Gillett to start.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't rate the Sharks highly. Don't see them finishing in the top 8. We were terrible, but I'd be surprised if we lost this one.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Barba looked like Barba, he's not worth superstar money anymore and shouldn't be given the lead playmaking role,

Yep ....he still looked timid...disinterested and showed nothing that any team in the future should be worried about. I honestly can't see him turning it around, this year or the next.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Vidot for prop? When's the last time a winger went to prop?

To be honest I don't mind the idea, he's as strong as most props are and I'd be very interested to see how he goes.

I'm pretty sure @Ari Gold called for him to be prop at some point last season.

It was me - this year too. I can still hear the laughter in the Forum back rooms ... as well as a 4 forward bench which went down like a lead balloon amongst most who prefer the 2-hooker model, (which I will say has some merit)

Last edited:
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
If we lose to this mob, we may as well pack it in for the season and tell Wayne to go and just train for 24 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behold
  • Santa
  • Strop
  • Footy Fanatic
  • john1420
  • Xzei
  • MrMoore
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jedhead
  • jd87
  • Bish
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.