PRE-GAME Round 2 - Sharks vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something tells me that unless Thaiday pulls his socks up and starts having a real crack, he wont only find himself out of the team and in QLD cup, but also without a contract next year. And I for one, don't think that is necessarily a bad thing after watching him coast for a couple of years.

Last edited:
yeah i have no problem with him being dropped to the bench. it may wake a few of em up out of their griffin slumber.

no time for passengers.

Sweet, pretty much exactly what I wanted Wayne to do. I'm guessing this'll be our squad.

1. Kahu
2. Reed
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Maranta
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. K.Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Dodds
17. Ofahengaue

Beautiful. Just need Oates in for Dodds and we'll be good to go.

no chance. we arent going to run with a single prop on the bench who is in his nrl debut.

oates only chance is a call up on the wing.

If Broncos can play an up-tempo game, they should be able to win this. Sharks struggle with that.

Although, I'm not so confident about this game. The last time we beat the Sharks, we had Lockyer.. Round 21, 2011.

We also haven't played at Toyota Stadium since Round 13, 2011.

Surely we have a better prop then Dodds? He is hopless. Garbutt offers a lot more in attack and doesn't get smashed and lose meters on every run.

Hopefully we dont try and go up the middle again if the Sharks are as big as ive read here.

Ding dong the witch is dead
About time, too. We're only in round 2 and we already know Bennett has more balls to drop under performers than Griffin ever did. Love it.

And thankfully Nikorima looks likely to be our bench hooker, I have no idea about his defence but I'm sure he'll provide some spark in attack.

Looks like there could be a couple of changes made, but, not hearing anything about a possible Eden inclusion. His apparently been training well and from what I've heard, ready for a step up to Nrl. Would love too see the young lad given a go on the wing as I think he could be just what were missing. Lets see if WB has the balls or not.

If Kodi plays, I wonder if Bennett is going to use Milford at the back at some stage of the game. I wouldn't mind seeing the move.

Sweet, pretty much exactly what I wanted Wayne to do. I'm guessing this'll be our squad.

1. Kahu
2. Reed
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Maranta
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. K.Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Dodds
17. Ofahengaue

Perfect. I'm guessing Bennett logic will mean Whitchurch will miraculously retain his spot with Ofahengaue 18th man

i dont expect any changes in the backs. though it would be a nice surprise, im happy to give everyone another run.

re milf to fb, i'm sick of hearing it tbh. lets at least give him a little time.

Last edited:
If Kodi plays, I wonder if Bennett is going to use Milford at the back at some stage of the game. I wouldn't mind seeing the move.

Kodi will only be there to give Macca a spell.

Though, I am starting to lean towards the idea of a solid body in the defensive line at 6 and putting Milford at the back.

Problem is the 6 still has to pass, kick and play the five eigth role more often than not. That's why the Hoffman experiment didn't work well. Better to have a genuine 6 (like Nicholls) than say shifting Hodges there from the centres IMO.

I'm surprised Benny has backflipped on Ofahengaue so quickly. Not because Wayne is stubborn but because Joe committed a few schoolboy errors that I assume were keeping him out.

It sounds like he didn't have any other option and I would much prefer Joe than Vidot at prop.

i dont expect any changes in the backs. though it would be a nice surprise, im happy to give everyone another run.

re milf to fb, i'm sick of hearing it tbh. lets at least give him a little time.

Would be very happy to see Copley into centres, Eden taking he's place on the wing and Reed to be told by WB to get the hell outta he's office and ordered to front up to he's local Centrelink office!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • Gaz
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • marw
  • Adammacca
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.