Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
So i had some time after work tonight to watch some recorded matches and shows from this weekend

These were Thaidays exact words on the Sunday footy show about Milf and the team

"It's constructive criticsm ( on bennetts post match speech ) I can't be doing those things, they're not beneficial for the team"

Johns to Thaiday "Do you think Anthony milfords future is in the halves for the rest of this year"
Thaiday " Yeah, I'm not sure. You know we've got Darius Boyd at the moment who's coming back from his Achilles injury, it'd be great to see him back on the field and play fullback but I think Anthony Milford playing at fullback at Canberra was outstanding so who knows what Wayne will do there. We might shuffle things around this week even for the sharks match.."

Just for those who wanted clarification on what was said.

Last edited:
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
That last comment about the Sharks game is very interesting. Milford to 1, Nikorima to debut in the 6?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I reckon this is another journo adding 2+2 to get 11...

Vidot barely needs to tackle on the wing, as opposed to the massive amount of tackling he would need to do as a prop.
His tackling technique should also be completely different to that of a forward, and all that would quickly drain him and make his runs inefficient.

Btw @Morkel, I have seen him carry forwards many times in his hit-ups, not just the smaller guys on the edge.

Hmmm... My take is that a winger ought to be a brilliant defender. After all, it's not just other wingers he has to tackle, aside from which, nothing like a bit of additional fitness and defensive technique to improve his all round game.

As for Oates, I still cannot believe he is not in the 17 after what he did in '13 and after Whitchurch's somewhat dismal efforts.

Not playing Oates is almost as bad as playing Copley on the wing and Milford at 5/8 ... WHAT? Who said that? Quick! Call in the Spanish Inquisition! No one escapes the Spanish Inquisition!

Last edited:
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
You better not be calling me Spanish! :laugh:

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
My man on the ground at one of the iSC games tells me Greg Eden had quite a dynamic game on the weekend, even putting in the kick for the final match winning try. To me, that says his has some play making skills at least and could provide not only some x factor to our attack, but also some real speed which is sadly lacking at the moment.

My only concern is if his 100% ready to face NRL first grade competition. I really feel Bennie Barba is primed for a huge game against he's old team and I fear he will be doing all he can to embarrass us and remind us all of what a talent his really is.

Would love to see Eden named in the team though.

No 5 (playing fullback - Ogden is No 1 playing wing):
Eden Ogden Combo - Gfycat

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I finished watching the games.

Vidot- did a bit of work but it was hot day and he was in a mostly foreign position.
Eden- Last play was good but other than that pretty quiet.
Anderson- set up a good try and did plenty of smart work.
Nikorima- playing six, against a terrible Sunny Coast, mixed bag.
Garbutt- first stint wasn't good, second was better including a good try.
Oates- Played full 80 minutes and made some good runs on the right hand side.
Parcell- Wasn't his best game, but still sharp. Hasn't been with the Jets all off-season.

Did anyone demand to be picked, no. But that isn't to say if picked they couldn't play well.

Last edited:
K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
I finished watching the games.

Vidot- did a bit of work but it was hot day and he was in a mostly foreign position.
Eden- Last play was good but other than that pretty quiet.
Anderson- set up a good try and did plenty of smart work.
Nikorima- playing six, against a terrible Sunny Coast, mixed bag.
Garbutt- first stint wasn't good, second was better including a good try.
Oates- Played full 80 minutes and made some good runs on the right hand side.

Did anyone demand to be picked, no. But that isn't to say if picked they couldn't play well.

Parcell ? I saw a few good dummy half runs but wasn't focusing on him.
I haven't heard much about Darren Nicholls since he was signed.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
what i really want to see this game is milford absolutely own barba.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
That's a long leap you've taken.

I took it to say Wayne was dropping Thaiday to the bench.

His comments were a direct lead on from the original mention of Milford. I don't get how they don't correlate? Unless his comments aren't quoted properly.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
His comments were a direct lead on from the original mention of Milford. I don't get how they don't correlate? Unless his comments aren't quoted properly.

Or unless Thaiday actually doesn't know. Would they even had have had a training session by that time Sunday?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It was sort of weird from Thaiday.

Everyone else at the club has defended the decision resorting to canned lines like it just being round one, Souths were too good and whatcha gonna do when Boyd returns. Meanwhile Sam seemingly suggested that Milford should play fullback based on his time at the Raiders.

I didn't get the sense that the switch was on, rather that changes are going to happen which isn't news.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
So i had some time after work tonight to watch some recorded matches and shows from this weekend

These were Thaidays exact words on the Sunday footy show about Milf and the team

"It's constructive criticsm ( on bennetts post match speech ) I can't be doing those things, they're not beneficial for the team"

Johns to Thaiday "Do you think Anthony milfords future is in the halves for the rest of this year"
Thaiday " Yeah, I'm not sure. You know we've got Darius Boyd at the moment who's coming back from his Achilles injury, it'd be great to see him back on the field and play fullback but I think Anthony Milford playing at fullback at Canberra was outstanding so who knows what Wayne will do there. We might shuffle things around this week even for the sharks match.."

Just for those who wanted clarification on what was said.
After reading this, Sam has no idea and just made shit up. The Yeah, im not sure is a dead give away

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
After reading this, Sam has no idea and just made shit up.

course he doesn't. he says stuff like this all the time. people thinking it means milford is going to play fb are really grasping

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Feeling a lot more confident about this game after watching the Sharks play on Sunday. I was expecting a promising performance from them but they were completely scrappy, lacked communication and some of their players seemed to lack enthusiasm. Quite sad to see what's become of Ben Barba he barely played at park level last Sunday his kicking was extremely poor and never looked like putting anything on. If we can win the forward battle and if our halves click we should win this quite convincingly.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I would be happy with those changes
Lets hope we get a bit of aggression from our forwards on Friday night

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Safe to say that "Puzzle Piece #1 - Whitchurch" has concluded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• something
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  • rnabokov
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.