Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Discuss.

I would like to say we should win this, but the last time I did that... We lost. So I won't say it.

I'm expecting Barba to be fired up for this game. From all reports he has been doing quite well at the Sharks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think two changes are a must.

Drop whitchurch and Reed.

If Bennett has no intention of playing McCullough for 80mins then he MUST play a hooker (like Parcell) or someone that can add a bit if x-factor (like Nikorima). Definately not play a back rower there. So piss off that useless Whitchurch.

Also i would drop Reed, he offered us nothing. Copley to center and Vidot to wing (or give a young speedy wingera chance)

Give Thaiday a wake up call by benching him and starting Gillett.

So, the team that should be named for this game IMO is:

1. Kahu
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges (c)
5. Maranta
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Dodds
15. Thaiday
16. Gavet
17. Parcell/Nikorima

Thaiday needs to learn how to pass the fucking ball
Agreed on those two changes.

Yeah, another tough game. They don't get any easier. I haven't paid attention to the Sharks but from what I've heard they'll be an improved side this year and despite how Barba plays, he seems to lift against former clubs.

I think we'll bounce back, it would be a great result and good for our confidence to get them down there.

Last edited:
How do you make changes without watching them play this weekend? They could be awful tomorrow.

Don't think we need any drastic changes, let's give this group a fair crack before we hit the reset button.

1. Kahu
2. Copley
3. Reed
4. Hodges (c)
5. Maranta
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. K.Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Gavet
17. Dodds

I don't think the Reed/Copley combination is ever going to work that well, Copley isn't a winger and neither is Reed, for mine its always going to be a problem.

Reed is turning into the new Steve Michaels. Reed at centre in defense last night was beaten by Walker pretty easily, Copley was drawn in on numerous occasions because of Reeds miss and Milford was left to cover up on his own as well. I would have Copley play centre, Reed misses out and bring in Vidot to the wing.

Whitchurch was just a poor and pointless selection, he should have never been there, bring in either Nikorima or Parcel. I'd like to see Parcel get a good shot at Hooker, Macca's workrate in defense is good but his slow service is really starting to shit me.

I wouldnt go too crazy with changes.

Nikorima onto the bench for Whitchurch. This was my preferred option before rnd 1.
Gillett may start over thaiday, but thats just positional.

Gavet possibly suspended as well? I'm not sure where Garbutt stands at the moment but hopefully he is pushing for a spot.

Sharks are another monster pack so we are going to have to aim up in the middle.

I dunno how swapping Reed for Vidot and moving Copley to centre solves any of our defensive problems, can you imagine teams bombing to that corner? There's like a 60% chance that one of them drop it

We need speed! The broncos are so boring!
1. Kahu
2. Eden
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. C Anderson or vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McG
9. McC
10. Blair
11. Gillett
12. Glenn
13 Parker
14. Parcell
15. Gavet If suspended Ofa
16. Thaiday
17. Dodds

Kahu should be on the wing. Think abiut it. Maranta is far safer defensively, and Hodges or Milford have to be there in attack. Kahu is a better finisher than Maranta too.

I'm tipping against the Broncos until I see that Bennett realises that this bash them up the middle crap doesn't work, and passing is how you win games.

Outs: Whitchurch and Gavet (if suspended)
Ins: Nikorima and Garbutt or J Ofa.

That's the best case scenario in Bennett land. If you must go with a 15 minute utlity, then pick a proper hooker.

Reed should have Q Cup time to get match fit. He looks off.

1. Kahu
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Maranta.

11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. K. Nikorima (or Jayden or Parcell or even Waddell is a better option)
15. Thaiday
16. Gavet (or, if we're playing on merit, give Oates a run)
17. Dodds (he did enough last night).

Really, so long as Bennett's vague comment about needing to fix the bench results in Nikorima for Whitchurch I'm happy.

I still can't get over it. But his piss weak Wigan performance in a trial wasn't enough to dump him from the squad, so I can't see how the woeful Rabbitohs match can make Bennett more inclined to drop him.

Or even Stagg, Lowrie, Nichols.

Well that sucks, as much as his handling really cost us last night, his aggression and intent were good, some hard hits in defence as well.

Guess Garbutt/Wallace/Ofahengaue will get a crack.

gavet charged. an early plea will see him miss 3 games.

Not surprising. Pretty blatant cheap shot.

I'll reserve judgement until we see how the Sharks shape up this weekend. Suspect they'll do alright this year, but they are a massive step down in class from Souths.

If we cut out the silly stuff, like soft penalties and unforced errors, we have the cattle to win, easy. Another amateur performance will more than likely yield similar results.

Hope to see Vidot back in as we don't have to contend with Reynold's kicking game. Hoping Garbutt gets a run. I hope Oates is back sooner than later, but my inclination is that he's better off getting up to speed in ISC for a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.