vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
gavet charged. an early plea will see him miss 3 games.

I must have missed it, was that the tackle where Thaiday came over the top and Gavet hit Luke high as a result of Luke being dragged to the ground?

If so, how the hell is that a 3 week suspension?

I didn't see the whole game, so if it's not for that then it would have been when I wasn't watching it.

I must have missed it, was that the tackle where Thaiday came over the top and Gavet hit Luke high as a result of Luke being dragged to the ground?

If so, how the hell is that a 3 week suspension?

I don't think that's the one, I don't recall specifics because I was zoned out at the time, but it was near the end of the game and Gavet basically shoulder charged Luke very late, nearly took his head off, it deserved 3 weeks.

Oh. I didn't see the whole game so I didn't see that.

Fair enough.

As much as I'd like to see Joffa play I don't think WB was lying when he said he won't play this year.

Guys, am extremely concerned about this game. Sharkies are always tough to beat at home, an, Bennie Barba will be ever so keen to tear us a new ash-hole. Unless several changes are made both to the team an game tactics/strategy, it will be another disappointing result I fear.

My prediction at this early stage - sharks by 16 an Barba the MoM.

Good to Bennett openly acknowledge things with the media and fans.

We missed Vidot. His powerful kick returns and strong runs early in tackle counts was missed big time. Drop Reed who looks under done, move Copely to centre as many have mentioned. Drop Maranta for Oates. Oates and Vidot will give is two big wingers who will start or sets on the front foot. Nikorima and Ofahegaue in for Gavet and Whitchurch. Swap Gillett and Thaiday and lets use attack as the best form of defense.

Last edited:
My team for round 2.

1. Maranta (the only one who can catch the ball. Will play wing in attack)
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges (fullback / half in attack)
5. Kahu (centre in attack)
6. Milford (only because Bennett isn't moving him)
7. Hunt
8. McGuire (50+ minutes)
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker (79+ minutes)

14. Parcell (the only other non-Waddell hooker in the squad...maybe he'll turn out better than McCullough)
15. Oates (should be playing)
16. Thaiday (cause he isn't getting dropped)
17. Gavet/Garbutt/Offahengue/whoever

Far from perfect, but what can you do for now. Mostly about further figuring out which players to keep and which to drop.

The good thing is, we won't be playing in such high humidity.

It was hot last night and the repeat sets would have drained the Broncos. I'm expecting a bit more energy in this game.

As much as I'd like to see Joffa play I don't think WB was lying when he said he won't play this year.

And it will become an ego thing.

I've said it, now I can't go back on it.

gavet charged. an early plea will see him miss 3 games.
He should've done it after 1 minute was played, not when there was only a minute to go. Without Luke, things wouldn't have been half as bad!

well realistically its going to be garbutt or wallace. i hope garbutt is working hard

So McCullough really is Maranta in a different position isn't he. Both are great defensively and give 110% every game BUT their primary roles in attack, they both just suck. McCullough's service is just so much more important than Maranta's finishing though. At least Maranta is showing signs of improvement. As a result, he needs to at least have Parcell/Nikorima on the bench and a spray that if he doesn't speed it up, his days in the first grade team are numbered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
  • IceWorks
  • Painin the Haas
  • Stix
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Santa
  • broncotville
  • Alec
  • BroncosAlways
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.