vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a bit harsh too but I'm guessing it's with a view to the future. Brenko ain't with us next year and Mariner has been performing well at Q Cup level, let's give him a chance to see what he can do in a lower pressure game.

Not sure how lower pressure this game will be. Tigers will come out firing after that debacle on Sunday. We are in a log jam for the top 4 so we need team cohesion and all hands on deck. Not sure if now is the right time to be throwing in new players.

Not sure how lower pressure this game will be. Tigers will come out firing after that debacle on Sunday. We are in a log jam for the top 4 so we need team cohesion and all hands on deck. Not sure if now is the right time to be throwing in new players.
To be fair you haven't really felt much different about a lot of KWs calls and he's getting a lot right. Mind you I'm no different in that way too as I haven't always thought KW made the right call every time. It's probably as good a time as any and KW might think it could come in handy for the finals if he goes okay.

There's plenty of ways we could lose two or three backs at once with covid, flu's, off field incidents and or accidents and training injuries . He might just be trying to cover every foreseeable outcome.

bit surprised by Brenko getting dropped. he has done pretty well filling in for Herbie.

Whilst hes done a good job, ive always been nervous on his edge. I worry he doesn't have the speed or agility needed against the big teams. I think this is a decision to prepare for semis. Get mariner some game time in-case we need him if Herbie isn't fit. Kev would be confident with the D through the middle, so the focus could be toward getting that edge striking with a quicker combination.

Mairner's strength this season has been running. Just get him the ball and he runs, the try he scored against Mackay was classic him- back inside at 45 degrees and bit of disruption in the line and he is perfect to take advantage of it.

Has such big powerful legs and so fast off the mark. He could easily score two tries on debut.

What he hasn't been doing is dummy half work and kick returns- Wynnum rotate him playing wing and centre so he's not returning kicks.

Hoeter will be great for him.

Coming back off injury and performing well it's a good reward. Wynnum don't play again until the 7th so if you think you might use him during finals you need to get him in now or it will be a while before he plays again and then you have a rookie coming off a two week break playing in a big game.

We wondered if Mam was quite ready and well, there are no questions about that anymore...well until he gets taken out by Carrigan's hip...but I digress.
Lol we need a BHQ meme about Cobbo not being ready for origin. Love it.

I’m excited for Mariner, what’s up with all these comments not supporting the selection. We’re facing last place tigers and Lee isn’t even with us next year give the young kid a crack. It’s the PERFECT time to debut

I haven't seen much of him but you know a young player a potential star when you got opposition fans requesting him as part of a trade for Walsh, which is exactly what I read a few of the Warriors fans asking for.

No better time to blood him, against the team coming last at home with the team around him in great form. There would be no better time.

If there's going to be any tinkering to the side, best to do it now so they have time to build combinations for the finals.

I don't mind the change. Mariner is a good young talent and Lee is serviceable, but he doesn't provide that spark. Mariner might. We'll find out.

If there's going to be any tinkering to the side, best to do it now so they have time to build combinations for the finals.

I don't mind the change. Mariner is a good young talent and Lee is serviceable, but he doesn't provide that spark. Mariner might. We'll find out.
Brenko Lionel Lee’s soccer pass to Oates’ was nice spark though. Plus he’s put Oates over for 3-4 tries now? It’s all you can ask from a centre.

Yep .
I was wondering about that myself . Or Switch in defence and attack ?

Could well happen like that. I think its good coaching to blood him in a game like this. He will get tested but they arent a good quality football side.

Mairner has proven he can step up and has a habit of being ready.

Three tries in the semi final against Wynnum then a try in the final against Townsville and three in the State final.

Four on ISC debut- second player to do it.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he scores on debut.

Could well happen like that. I think its good coaching to blood him in a game like this. He will get tested but they arent a good quality football side.

Him and Hoeter are team mates at Wynnum as well .
Should know each others moves .

1 1910 Do they play opposite sides for the Seagulls ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.