vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised to see us have a flat week or two in the few games.

The storm and panthers like to really have a few big training weeks around this time of year. The purpose is to put a hard edge on their fitness then start to taper down so you go into the finals fresh yet with maximum base fitness.

The issue with it is your boys can be a bit flat for those few weeks where you ramp up your training but it pays dividends if you find yourself deep in the finals running on empty.

It will be interesting to see if we apply a similar principle to our training.

If you're in a really good position you'd flog them for a couple of weeks then taper back down, rest a large chunk of them the final round and you're primed for finals.
We used to do this as a club too, there'd be a noticeable flat spot around Round 20ish for a couple of weeks.

Wonder if the Cows are doing this too, it may explain their slipping a bit. I'd prefer it was them shitting the bed though.

Hate to be a kill joy but anyone get a bit of a Ponga feel with the dad?

I see what you're saying. Kinda like they want to see a return on investment. Hopefully not. Some people just really have a strong sense of showing duty and respect to family or heritage or whatever. Time will tell. They could have already been shopping him around like Ponga, but I don't know that is the case.

Nah I think your way off the mark there. Just a very proud father both of his son and his heritage.

What happened to the short videos of the rookie debutante performing a 'move' before game day? I enjoyed them.

It's fucking GAMEDAY.

NRL2022Round20Gameday

VERY concerned about the treatment we'll get from the refs. We're gonna have to earn every inch of this one.

Pretty sure we were on the end of a lopsided count last week against Parra

Kevvie has coached the boys to focus on defending errors rather than throwing their arms around and crying about how unfair it was, we should beat the Tigers today. For mine it's purely on whether or not we respect them, if we do, we'll win comfortably

I wouldn't be surprised to see us have a flat week or two in the few games.

The storm and panthers like to really have a few big training weeks around this time of year. The purpose is to put a hard edge on their fitness then start to taper down so you go into the finals fresh yet with maximum base fitness.

The issue with it is your boys can be a bit flat for those few weeks where you ramp up your training but it pays dividends if you find yourself deep in the finals running on empty.

It will be interesting to see if we apply a similar principle to our training.

If you're in a really good position you'd flog them for a couple of weeks then taper back down, rest a large chunk of them the final round and you're primed for finals.
We won't be flat but we might be 'unlucky' quite a bit early in the match. Unlucky meaning flat passes called forward, hands in the ruck ignored when we have possession, 8 metre defensive line for WT's, 11+ for the Broncos, 50/50 calls at 99/1 and a ridiculous amount of Broncos with poor discipline resulting in repeat 6 agains.

After that we'll be fine.

Got Mariners family sitting in the section next to me and fucking hell this family must breed like rabbits. Shitload of them.

Got Mariners family sitting in the section next to me and fucking hell this family must breed like rabbits. Shitload of them.

I love the videos we've been releasing this year with players on debut getting given their jersey, it was quite a touching moment hearing the old man sing what I can only assume was some sort of Samoan tribal song

Hope he has a great game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • Cavalo
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Tmac
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.