Contributor
May 21, 2013
NRL - Round 20
Friday, 22nd of July, 2016

Penrith Panthers 31
defeat
Brisbane Broncos 12​

Same story tonight.

Dominated in the middle third. Going wide before its earned and plenty of panic in attack. Middle third defence was really really soft and Panthers rolled through us.

Signs are not looking good.

Might be time to turn this into an actual player exodus, I can think of at least 5 players I just watched tonight I would happily never see at the club again, pea hearted *****.

Anyone else unconvinced now that we're going nowhere?

There are problems in the team when the defence is gone.

Same story tonight.

Dominated in the middle third. Going wide before its earned and plenty of panic in attack. Middle third defence was really really soft and Panthers rolled through us.

Any thought on what is up with the lads this year Joe ? Just not the same team, desire or energy. Just gutted how bad we become. God i miss Hodgo.

Last edited:
Wow. How soft were we? Looking for that miracle play that wasn't there. Giving away cheap possession... Pretty poor performance tonight

I know there will be a lot of over the top comments tonight.

But the one rationale thing I will say is that we need to work on line speed in defence. We allow the opposition too many easy metres. We give the opponents more sets of six near our goal line than we get on their line. And last year we got away with it because of our stellar goal line defence and we were safer under cross field bombs. This year, it's not as good and the results show it.

Same story tonight.

There has to be some locker room drama. They played like a team that hasn't played together all year. Timing off on many plays and certainly not defending as a unit.

How soon can we get Dylan Napa?

On this year McGuire can **** off and join Penrith...a forward leader he is not.

Need a dominant pack to win games. We have powderpuffs and cowards.

Need to get rid of forwards and get some bigger stronger guys in.

Milf and Hunt look totally out of their depth at the moment.

Hate to say it, but that's 2016 right there.

Top 8 spot for grabs, an opportunity to make a statement and they were out-enthused from Penrith right from the start.

Granted, they copped a couple of rough calls, but not enough players took charge tonight. I saw a few players try something, but I watched a whole lot more just simply ball-watching and not making any impact on the Panthers.

It'd be easy if the issue was merely Maranta and the young guys. You can address those, but when it's the likes of Corey Oates, Josh McGuire, Corey Parker etc. playing poorly the issue is something else.

Hate to say it folks, but there's no easy fixes. An off-season clean out isn't going to win the boys the premiership.

Glenn must not leave the back row again - his work work with Milford gave us shape and structure. Bad move playing him in the centres,

Shows how important Gillett is to this side.

Halves look lost, aimless, no purpose.

Maranta - not NRL standard. Don't want to see him again

Last edited:
There has to be some locker room drama. They played like a team that hasn't played together all year. Timing off on many plays and certainly not defending as a unit.

Defence is an attitude as the old saying goes, and at the moment, the attitude amongst the group is not good. It's showing on the field. They have lost all desire to work for each other in defence.

lol panthers acting like they won the gf. get real how can it possible mean this much to them? i didnt think panthers were that good think tehre in for rude awakening when they play real teams like cows or storm

Defence is an attitude as the old saying goes, and at the moment, the attitude amongst the group is not good. It's showing on the field. They have lost all desire to work for each other in defence.

Whats your opinion on the reasons?

On this year McGuire can **** off and join Penrith...a forward leader he is not.

Need a dominant pack to win games. We have powderpuffs and cowards.

Need to get rid of forwards and get some bigger stronger guys in.

And resorted back to his younger "Big Show" dickhead days where he starts cheap shotting blokes because we were losing.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.