Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Boyd - Terrific game by the captain elect, tried his butt off and about the only one who did. 9
Oates - Shocker, worst game he's ever played. 2
Glenn - Tried his best out of position and a great tackle. 6
Roberts - Scored a freak try and is doing his best with unbelievably limited opportunities. 7
Maranta - He was Maranta. 2
Milford - Tried hard and starting looking ok towards the end but too little too late. 4
Hunt - Those calls for Taylor will get stronger if Taylor is a gun again next season. 3
McGuire - Was frustrated, will get suspended. 5
Macca - Good 40/20, average everything else. 5
Blair - Average, terrible at times in defense. 4
Wallace - He tried and that was about it. 5
Thaiday - He definitely tried but why was he repeatedly at center in attack? Why does he always junk and stop? What ever happened to his good lines that he used to run. Will probably get suspended for a textbook tackle. 6
Parker - Led by example and everyone else followed his atrociousness. Maybe retiring is the right decision. 3

Pangai Jr - I thought he made a difference and had a legitimate screamer of a try taken off him by the umpteenth refereeing shocker of the night. 7
Joffa - Got shoulder charged on his first tackle but tried his guts out. 6
Arrow - Looked good out there again, Parker's heir apparent and he looks the goods. 6
Opacic - Why wasn't he bought in earlier?? Looked alright in limited game time. 4

Bennett - Hasn't stopped the rot. Newcastle all over again? Why didn't Opacic come in earlier? A lot of question marks over his coaching that may have been masked in his first yer last year. 1

Ceccin - Pathetic. Did he cost us the game? Probably not but given the pivotal bad calls that denied us a try, led directly to at least two of theirs and denied us two or three other legitimate chances, it's hard to actually say it didn't. Shocking Reffing once again but once again, nothing will be done about it. He didn't pull a hammy and therefore gets above 0. 1

Terrible performance again the guys just look mentally shot. I keep thinking with these losses especially the Storm one that it will be a wake up call but it clearly isn't. I don't really know what the answer is.

Darius will surely be our player of the year.

As a Broncos fan and as fan of Rugby League broadly I've never been more disillusioned then I am now. Make no mistake, an extremely poor attitude from us lost the game and our season quite frankly. We'll be lucky to sneak into the 8 at this point and in a year where we're supposed to be Premiership favorites, that is very poor.

Our problem is almost obvious, Hodges vs Parker as Captains. The squad respected Hodges, he led from the front and got in your face when you weren't performing. They wanted to win the trophy for him. They didn't, and now Hodges is gone, replaced by a man who while is a great player individually, seems to enjoy having the C next to his name but doesn't like the job of actually captaining. I like Parker, I respect him and everything he's done, but for whatever reason, this squad doesn't think much of him at all and it's hurting our attitude as a group. Bennett is stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment. He has a very talented but fractured footy side and the excuses are running thin without revealing the inner turmoil to the world. We're the exact opposite of Parra at the moment. When they are under immense pressure, they perform to shake it off. We seem to disappear into our shells and wait for someone else to solve our problems for us. It ain't happening.

Milford is still very young and immature as a player and Hunt has plateaued. Why they were so freakish last year and deadpan this year is anyone's guess, but if we really want to keep Milford long term with the belief he'll be a marquee player, it's on Bennett to find the source of their issues now and fix them fast, otherwise even I will begin to regret letting Taylor go.

I'm expecting a heated week for the club as the media circles the wagons wondering if these drug allegations have anything to do with what's going on, and it's going to only make things worse.

Post of the year in my opinion .

Embarrasing lack of effort and a poor attitude.

We need new a half back and a new forward pack. Above all else, we need some leaders. I think its time to move on a few players if, and its a big if, we can. Maranta, Thiaday, Blair and Glenn just dont make enough impact for me. We have a few good, young forwards in the likes of Sua, Pangai, Arrow, Offa, Fai and Esse'esse but nobody to lead them. Maybe we need to take a leaf out of the Melbourne book and just sign some solid, journeyman forwards who just get the job done.

That was really hard to watch, our cohesion in attack on the edges when glenn or gillett (or both ) don't play in their second row spots just looks rubbish the angle running is all off and we go sideways.

I actually don't think defence is the problem at all apart from some shotty edge stuff with players out of position.. we just allow teams to get to our line so goddamn much that nothing other then the herculean efforts like last year will do, but we shouldn't have to be parked on our line like that every game.

We need to play with a higher tempo early in games and get rid of the one out shit, our pack is being dominated with this style, start offloading a bit more and give milford some broken play to work with, even if he doesn't break the line he makes metres when the defence is back pedaling which gives us momentum.

Not really one to bag refs but it certainly is starting to feel like we get pinned for holding in the ruck the first instance we do it while the other team gets to do it 10 times before they get pinned...quite frustrating

It doesn't apply to his drop kicks, because they are always shit.

Hot and cold on these too. If the posts are in front of him then yes - shit, but if he's just doing a line drop out it either goes 55m or 30m.

Also, more on the halves, I wish they'd stop trying to be cute with Roberts. Just pass him the fucking ball when he has room to move in. Not when he's 0.25 seconds away from being tackled.

Our bench is too young at the moment. Takes us back to the Henjak years with Maguire, Dodds and Dunamis Lui on the bench and we would get killed once the starters came off.

Wow what a massive waste of time. I'm on holiday at the moment in Queenstown and went down to a sports bar to watch the game. I found myself agreeing with penrith supporters about why the Broncos are playing terrible. No forward platform whatsoever.

You liking qtown mate? I'll be heading there next week, love the place.

I'll be surprised if we beat the Roosters next week.

The one thing the Roosters have is a monster forward pack. They will make ours look like children once again. Who's idea was it to have 6 back rowers?

You can bet if Craig Bellamy was our coach he would be in the dressing room tearing strip off them now. Bennett is probably in there givin Hunt an Maranta a hug telling them "now now it allright you can still play in the team next week"

Last edited:
I'm actually looking forward to next week.

I couldn't believe Wayne after the Melbourne Storm press conference. If Hook had have described a 48-6 loss as an improvement he would have been absolutely tarred and feathered on here. Wayne said something and it barely rated a mention. I don't think Wayne saw anything wrong other than the Origin period and thought his side would kick on.

They haven't.

A couple of interesting notes...

Lockyer mentioned that the Broncos only trained yesterday for the clash.

And at half-time, there was no speech, Bennett just had them training like it was the start of the game.

It suggests that the build up to this game was rubbish and that Wayne is aware of it and is going to go hard on these boys.

It maybe too late and the Broncos could just slump out of the eight altogether.

Or we could see them jag a few wins, make the finals and probably go out the back door with some promising signs for the future.

Wow what a massive waste of time. I'm on holiday at the moment in Queenstown and went down to a sports bar to watch the game. I found myself agreeing with penrith supporters about why the Broncos are playing terrible. No forward platform whatsoever.

This is it. It was bad last year but we managed it via good defense. It's beyond terrible this year. It doesn't help that we don't wrestle but again that is probably due to size.

Another point that has been bothering me lately is that Parker the 'offload king' hasn't managed to get an effective offload in over a year (as in not sending us backwards or giving it to the other team).

I'm actually looking forward to next week.

I couldn't believe Wayne after the Melbourne Storm press conference. If Hook had have described a 48-6 loss as an improvement he would have been absolutely tarred and feathered on here. Wayne said something and it barely rated a mention. I don't think Wayne saw anything wrong other than the Origin period and thought his side would kick on.

They haven't.

A couple of interesting notes...

Lockyer mentioned that the Broncos only trained yesterday for the clash.

And at half-time, there was no speech, Bennett just had them training like it was the start of the game.

It suggests that the build up to this game was rubbish and that Wayne is aware of it and is going to go hard on these boys.

It maybe too late and the Broncos could just slump out of the eight altogether.

Or we could see them jag a few wins, make the finals and probably go out the back door with some promising signs for the future.

Sounds like Bennett's retirement gentlemans club.

I can't understand why when the Broncos chase points it's usually just a useless Corey parker hit up on tackle 4. No one is creative enough to make something happen. Hunt tries but Milford is just a tourist at the moment. I think we just have to accept this is a rebuilding team and forget about what we were last season

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • bert_lifts
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.