Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Milford has been garbage for a while but it seems like that's OK because Hunt has become a scapegoat for him. Milford has a pretty clear attitude problem TBH

That was really hard to watch, our cohesion in attack on the edges when glenn or gillett (or both ) don't play in their second row spots just looks rubbish the angle running is all off and we go sideways.

I actually don't think defence is the problem at all apart from some shotty edge stuff with players out of position.. we just allow teams to get to our line so goddamn much that nothing other then the herculean efforts like last year will do, but we shouldn't have to be parked on our line like that every game.

We need to play with a higher tempo early in games and get rid of the one out shit, our pack is being dominated with this style, start offloading a bit more and give milford some broken play to work with, even if he doesn't break the line he makes metres when the defence is back pedaling which gives us momentum.

Not really one to bag refs but it certainly is starting to feel like we get pinned for holding in the ruck the first instance we do it while the other team gets to do it 10 times before they get pinned...quite frustrating

This is spot on, and our halves look ordinary when the back row isn't set as it should be - Glenn & Gillett.

At the same time, I still think we have such an ordinary approach to playing attacking football

think ppl are digging the claws into bennett a bit to soon here to be honest. we are playing very poor ,but to start implying hook is a better coach then bennett is a farce. hook is a good man manager but he is terrible as a coach imo and he will eventually coach the ability out of the panthers like he did with us.

we are definatly playing poorly and uninterested and we probably dont deserve to make the 8 but lets be fair bennett has seen it all and been through it all if there is any coach in the competition i would want in this situation its definatly bennett no hesitation.

Of the two I'm much happier with Hunt's performances lately. Milford is a downhill skier I'm afraid.
And I'm not for a second saying Hunt hasn't been bad. He's been poor too. Milford equally as poor but he's got the attitude on him as well.

As a Broncos fan and as fan of Rugby League broadly I've never been more disillusioned then I am now. Make no mistake, an extremely poor attitude from us lost the game and our season quite frankly. We'll be lucky to sneak into the 8 at this point and in a year where we're supposed to be Premiership favorites, that is very poor.

Our problem is almost obvious, Hodges vs Parker as Captains. The squad respected Hodges, he led from the front and got in your face when you weren't performing. They wanted to win the trophy for him. They didn't, and now Hodges is gone, replaced by a man who while is a great player individually, seems to enjoy having the C next to his name but doesn't like the job of actually captaining. I like Parker, I respect him and everything he's done, but for whatever reason, this squad doesn't think much of him at all and it's hurting our attitude as a group. Bennett is stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment. He has a very talented but fractured footy side and the excuses are running thin without revealing the inner turmoil to the world. We're the exact opposite of Parra at the moment. When they are under immense pressure, they perform to shake it off. We seem to disappear into our shells and wait for someone else to solve our problems for us. It ain't happening.

Milford is still very young and immature as a player and Hunt has plateaued. Why they were so freakish last year and deadpan this year is anyone's guess, but if we really want to keep Milford long term with the belief he'll be a marquee player, it's on Bennett to find the source of their issues now and fix them fast, otherwise even I will begin to regret letting Taylor go.

I'm expecting a heated week for the club as the media circles the wagons wondering if these drug allegations have anything to do with what's going on, and it's going to only make things worse.

Bang on about the first bit, Parker is a dynamo as a player, captain though, piss poor. I honestly think it has a bit to with this slop.

Last edited:
Milford has been garbage for a while but it seems like that's OK because Hunt has become a scapegoat for him. Milford has a pretty clear attitude problem TBH

I'm not sure about Milford's attitude. To me, it looks like his strengths have been coached out of him: His ad lib running, making it up as he goes BUT with support. In this side, there just seems to be no place for his natural style of football.

What would you guys think of Boyd and Milford swapping positions? I always hear how young 5/8ths can develop their game from full back. I think
Boyd can handle 5/8 too

That was disgraceful performs from players. 2016 season is gone. After the game the locker room player were not sad. Ben hunt and Blair were on the channel nine camera in locker room. They were like nothing happened. Please next year bring back coach Kevin Walter. Sorry to say but Sam Thaiday and Ben hunt performing this season very poorly. Milf also had bad game again. Now the question is who gone be in Broncos colours next year?

And I'm not for a second saying Hunt hasn't been bad. He's been poor too. Milford equally as poor but he's got the attitude on him as well.

Absolutely they've both been bad. At least it seems like Hunt is trying though. However, he seems to have that unfortunate trait of the harder he tries the worse he goes. Milford seems to think he'll just run through them like he did back in the under 13s.

think ppl are digging the claws into bennett a bit to soon here to be honest. we are playing very poor ,but to start implying hook is a better coach then bennett is a farce. hook is a good man manager but he is terrible as a coach imo and he will eventually coach the ability out of the panthers like he did with us.

we are definatly playing poorly and uninterested and we probably dont deserve to make the 8 but lets be fair bennett has seen it all and been through it all if there is any coach in the competition i would want in this situation its definatly bennett no hesitation.
With you on this one. Bennett has been in these situations in more than one occasion. I'd trust him to pull us through

What would you guys think of Boyd and Milford swapping positions? I always hear how young 5/8ths can develop their game from full back. I think
Boyd can handle 5/8 too

I think there's merit in this, I really do, but probably too late.

However good Milford is and has been at 5/8, I always thought FB was his best position, and Boyd, well, he would be equally great at FB or 5/8

Last edited:
i think most ppl have more patience for milford because u can clearly see he has superstar potential in him. were as hunt at bes all u can say is this kid could be a real handy halfback. now whether that is fair or not i dont know.

Not bad mate! First time here in Qtown. Went to Milford Sound today and the missus was tired so watched the game at the xtreme sports bar. Sort of wished I just went to bed. Tomorrow we are going up the gondola to go on the luge up there. We aren't going skiing as this is a stop on our trip around the south island. We will try skiing next time. If you like Mexican the caribe Latin kitchen has awesome Burritos.

Active Now

• Ronald
  • whykickamoocow
  • jarro65
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • Fozz
  • Astro
  • mrslong
  • Rambstien
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • sooticus
  • Alec
  • Robboi_321
  • Jazza
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Morkel
  • Midean
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.