Not open for further replies.
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Friday 26th of July 2013
7:30pm
Townsville Stadium

I think I need the 2 week break from us playing.

Norman and Maranta can not play first grade again this year.

Have Thurston for Dally M. Hopefully this will be an easy 3pts.

As much as I would want that we all know the bitter truth, only Maranta really faces that with Copley a chance of returning and Norman is Griffin's pet and will remain there unless injury or suspension.

Cowboys 13+

The class of Thurston will be the difference

If I read

1. Corey Norman

I'm joining the 'sack Hook' immediately club. No way does he get to represent our club again, not on that effort tonight.

No more excuses, Origin is over. Season is over, time to go out there and just throw the ball around.

1. Joe Bond

and I don't care what kind of form he's in. Give him the opportunity to fulfill his dream playing first grade and I'm sure he'll lift to the location. The guy has speed and that's something we're sorely lacking and he'll give us some direction.

2. *insert QCup winger*

Don't care who whether it's Peter Gubb, Shea Moylan or Palmer Wapau on a diet. Maranta is so out of his depth right now he's easily the worst winger we've ever had.

3. Josh Hoffman

Defensively he looks ordinary but he showed some good zip out there and we need a proper backline player.

4. Justin Hodges
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Peter Wallace
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Ben Hannant
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Lama Tasi
16. Matt Gillett
17. Corey Oates

18. David Stagg
19. David Hala

Stagg either starts or doesn't play at all.

If Norman and Maranta are selected, I am certainly not going to watch this game. It just hurts too much to see my team sullied by those two, and the idiots who select them

Can't see the Cowboys dropping this one. Them and the rest of the teams in our run home all have more to play for than we do. Can't really see where the next win is coming from tbh.

There won't be one.

Illusions are comfortable, delusions are not

Last edited:
We should throw Dallas Anderson in at wing ahead of Maranta next week. I hear he goes alright.

If I read

1. Corey Norman

I'm joining the 'sack Hook' immediately club. No way does he get to represent our club again, not on that effort tonight.

No more excuses, Origin is over. Season is over, time to go out there and just throw the ball around.

1. Joe Bond

and I don't care what kind of form he's in. Give him the opportunity to fulfill his dream playing first grade and I'm sure he'll lift to the location. The guy has speed and that's something we're sorely lacking and he'll give us some direction.

2. *insert QCup winger*

Don't care who whether it's Peter Gubb, Shea Moylan or Palmer Wapau on a diet. Maranta is so out of his depth right now he's easily the worst winger we've ever had.

3. Josh Hoffman

Defensively he looks ordinary but he showed some good zip out there and we need a proper backline player.

4. Justin Hodges
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Peter Wallace
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Ben Hannant
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Lama Tasi
16. Matt Gillett
17. Corey Oates

18. David Stagg
19. David Hala

I like it. I'd probably have Dodds as 19th man ahead of Hala (not that it really matters though). I've been pretty impressed with him. Hits hard and is starting to run hard too.

I'm a big fan of Joe Bond as well, I think he has the ball playing skills to possibly even be a gun 5/8th (in QLD Cup at least). The speed is a massive bonus too. I've given up hope of ever seeing him play first grade though.

Dodds to me is the permanent squad player. Every club needs a Mitchell Dodds - not flashy but can land on a good hit and has the occasional strong run.

He'd be in my top 20 most weeks.

I like Dodds i dont think weve seen the best of him yet. He is stsrtingvto make good yards from his hit ups this year.

+1 for the Bond call. Although I think he's been playing a lot of 6 for Reddy of late. I bet any money though that Hunt will be at 6. not 7. Didn't Wallace play 5/8th at Penrith. Why does Hook ruin?

+1 for the Bond call. Although I think he's been playing a lot of 6 for Reddy of late. I bet any money though that Hunt will be at 6. not 7. Didn't Wallace play 5/8th at Penrith. Why does Hook ruin?

NRL is pretty much the only comp with the split halves these days, so the only difference between the halfback and the 5/8th is what side on the field they play. Both are first receivers with the fullback being the second, except if it goes from one edge to another, it's Wallace as first on the left, and Prince as first on the right.

But even if they used a classic halfback and 5/8th system, Wallace just doesn't have the running game to be a 2nd receiver.
Though he doesn't have the kicking or the organisation to be a classic first receiver either.

I think after this game even the most one-eyed supporters are gonna get smacked in the face by the reality of being 15th.

If I read

1. Corey Norman

1. Joe Bond

2. *insert QCup winger*

3. Josh Hoffman

4. Justin Hodges
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Peter Wallace
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Ben Hannant
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Lama Tasi
16. Matt Gillett
17. Corey Oates

18. David Stagg
19. David Hala

I haven't noticed hoffy make many to any defensive errors recently, I'd almost go as far as to say one of our better defenders.

I haven't noticed hoffy make many to any defensive errors recently, I'd almost go as far as to say one of our better defenders.

He missed Carney tonight, pretty costly error, cost us the game in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.