Round 20 Discussion

Sharks have bought well, and that seems to be what winning premierships mostly comes down to these days.

It's a completely different world for Joe Burgess.

The transition isn't so tough if you're a forward. If you can run hard, tackle hard for long stints you'll be OK.

However backs have to have all the skills while being mistake free. These are lessons that are instilled from an early age here, but in the ESL it isn't as prevalent.

I wish he could stick around another year and play with a team filled with confidence. It doesn't get much worse than Sydney and Souths, sides that are under pressure, and it just makes you wonder what sort of player he would be at Melbourne, North Queensland or Cronulla.

That decision by the bunker that denied J.Burgess 10 minutes after halftime was an absolute joke. The on field referees ruled try and sent it upstairs and for the bunker to rule that he lost control of the ball while the replays clearly showed he had his fingers on the ball the whole way and grounded the ball clearly is in contempt and stupid. It is frustrating that with massive video replays and 3 men in the bunker (I believe) can get decisions like that blatantly wrong is rubbish. That forward pass that Peranara missed that went a meter forward at least just before halftime was also a shocker.

That said Manly were the far better team imo and the Rabbitohs apart from a sniff after the break never really looked like coming back from nowhere. Sloppy handling mistakes and they were comfortably beaten up front and in the middle.

That decision by the bunker that denied J.Burgess 10 minutes after halftime was an absolute joke. The on field referees ruled try and sent it upstairs and for the bunker to rule that he lost control of the ball while the replays clearly showed he had his fingers on the ball the whole way and grounded the ball clearly is in contempt and stupid. It is frustrating that with massive video replays and 3 men in the bunker (I believe) can get decisions like that blatantly wrong is rubbish. That forward pass that Peranara missed that went a meter forward at least just before halftime was also a shocker.

That said Manly were the far better team imo and the Rabbitohs apart from a sniff after the break never really looked like coming back from nowhere. Sloppy handling mistakes and they were comfortably beaten up front and in the middle.

Except they got that decision right.

Side on view confirmed there was separation when he first started to reach out.

Correct call was made.

Yep problem is they got that decision right champ. Remember they changed the rule which essentially means if you need the ground to help stop dropping it you have no control.

Yep problem is they got that decision right champ. Remember they changed the rule which essentially means if you need the ground to help stop dropping it you have no control.

"Once separation has occurred, they need to regain control before it's grounded, not just regain contact" IIRC.

The highlight was seeing the side-on view. It was clear there was seperation and the bunker most likely based their decision on that piece of footage. However, the commentators had already made their mind up. They found fault in the system, and weren't afraid to be controversial.

I'm amazed that commentators are allowed to make mistakes like that. It would never happen, but it would be interested if they got a call obviously wrong, they'd have to acknowledge it on social media and on their next broadcast. That way they'd think twice before criticizing the referees.

That's 3 from 3 for Manly.

And they can consider themselves unlucky. They could have easily had more wins on the board had injuries been kinder. It's been a slow process, but they're developing into a quality side.

The improvement of Lussick, Green, Vave and Buhrer bodes well for the future.

"Once separation has occurred, they need to regain control before it's grounded, not just regain contact" IIRC.

Yeah, you have to grab it with both hands, because one hand or fingers just isn't enough.

Dugan vs Souths at the SCG in 2014. He lost control of a ball when trying to plant it down for a try, put a hand on it before it touched the ground, but it was denied because their ruling was he needs to regain control by grabbing it with both hands.

The highlight was seeing the side-on view. It was clear there was seperation and the bunker most likely based their decision on that piece of footage. However, the commentators had already made their mind up. They found fault in the system, and weren't afraid to be controversial.

I'm amazed that commentators are allowed to make mistakes like that. It would never happen, but it would be interested if they got a call obviously wrong, they'd have to acknowledge it on social media and on their next broadcast. That way they'd think twice before criticizing the referees.

That's 3 from 3 for Manly.

And they can consider themselves unlucky. They could have easily had more wins on the board had injuries been kinder. It's been a slow process, but they're developing into a quality side.

The improvement of Lussick, Green, Vave and Buhrer bodes well for the future.

I'm amazed as well BP, Warren Smith and Brandy ( I think ) carried on like pork chops. it adds to the pressure and confusion when commentators are obviously wrong but are screaming about a ref error.

I like the move of TTrob to fullback and the loss of Stewart. Stewart was a passenger and a lazy one at that. Now that he's out of the picture and big Tom is in his preferred position Manly look a much better side.

I thought it was a try until I saw the side on shot which they only showed a glimpse of late in the commentary.

This is proof the bunker got the Burgess no try call right.

1469538921.png

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jeza23
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.