POST GAME [Round 21, 2021] Knights vs Broncos

Babble babble blah blah but what about the head high tackles that took out Hymel and Brisbane need to lower their targets blah blah
Now I want to bring your attention to a call that was made last week in the Newcastle/Brisbane game. This is a call where I admit the bunker got it wrong and if we let play go...

Lachlan Fitzgibbon was tackled just short of the line but as you can plainly see the ball went backwards. This was a mistake from the bunker and should have been play on and as I let this footage play you see that Pearce scores. Now the bunker officials believed that since Fitzgibbon was tackled before losing possession it constituted a knock on. However it doesn't take into account the spirit of the game and from this moment forward bunker officials will be advised to rule in favour of the attacking team.

In the same game there was an incident where Tesi Niu threw a pass and if we slow it down right here it was clearly forward to Oates. Kasey Badger is a good up and coming referee but I'm afraid in this instance she got it wrong.

Now I don't want to be too negative. There was a good example where the video referee applied some discretion and what I like to call common sense. So if I let this play Isaako gets a play on the ball. Now this is a really technical rule so let me explain. When you touch the ball, you become in possession and the defence is allowed to complete a tackle on you. Bradman Best is a scholar of the sport and he does the right thing and if we let this play through Fitzgibbon scores a great team try for Newcastle.

So it was a mixed game from the officials but on the whole we got the right result.

Now I want to bring your attention to a call that was made last week in the Newcastle/Brisbane game. This is a call where I admit the bunker got it wrong and if we let play go...

Lachlan Fitzgibbon was tackled just short of the line but as you can plainly see the ball went backwards. This was a mistake from the bunker and should have been play on and as I let this footage play you see that Pearce scores. Now the bunker officials believed that since Fitzgibbon was tackled before losing possession it constituted a knock on. However it doesn't take into account the spirit of the game and from this moment forward bunker officials will be advised to rule in favour of the attacking team.

In the same game there was an incident where Tesi Niu threw a pass and if we slow it down right here it was clearly forward to Oates. Kasey Badger is a good up and coming referee but I'm afraid in this instance she got it wrong.

Now I don't want to be too negative. There was a good example where the video referee applied some discretion and what I like to call common sense. So if I let this play Isaako gets a play on the ball. Now this is a really technical rule so let me explain. When you touch the ball, you become in possession and the defence is allowed to complete a tackle on you. Bradman Best is a scholar of the sport and he does the right thing and if we let this play through Fitzgibbon scores a great team try for Newcastle.

So it was a mixed game from the officials but on the whole we got the right result.
I mean I can literally visualise Annesley all through that text... took me a second to realise what the first one was when you were talking about Pearce, but I remember now that it was the knock on into the ground.

You could've almost gone with the "he's clearly passed the ball into the ground, which as we know the bunker cannot rule on, but regardless the ball has gone backwards. We can see Pearce pick the ball up cleanly and score a try"

Wow man, you nailed that impersonation!

The Bradman Best situation, he actually had every right to tackle Isaako. Isaako played at the ball so he became fair game then.

But holding onto a player for that long? I don't see how that's not a penalty.
Even the fox commentators, including voss who has been pretty bias against Brisbane lately , couldn't believe that that try was awarded.

It was after that call that i think some players dropped their heads a little and the knights posted a couple more on us.

Tesi not unlike isaako at fullback does some good things and is athletic but has quite a limited footy IQ or sense of urgency in defence. The knights last try, tesi could see that riki got stuck in the previous ruck and we were short on the blind. When ponga and co started attacking there, he should have put his foot down to get there to cover, but he was jogging and only started to run once the knights winger had the ball with free space to the tryline. Would he have stopped the try? Probably not, but he was a chance had he identified the issue and been more urgent in his response. The players in your spine really need to have a good footy IQ.

On footy IQ, it is good to finally have a half (gamble) with some. You could see how he has dramatically improved our right side defence and this game shut down ponga most of the night. I am also enjoying his chips behind the line to our outside backs when he notices their fullback out of position.

Glenn on the other hand has quite a low footy IQ, especially for an experienced player. He is often the reason our left side constantly looks short (oates did a fantastic job preventing tries down that side). Him, croft and herbie can look in shambles at times. Glenn's poor reads, defending close to his middle forwards and over chasing infield from marker leaves large gaps where he should be defending. On several occasions he got caught at marker in the middle of the field and had they gone that way, we were in trouble.

We lost. So now kevvy can change the 7.

I actually think we need a good coach. Maybe some better assistant coaches will be enough, cos the players do appear to be putting in for Kev. But his team selections and bench management is baffling.
Kevvy needs to prepare for 2022.
Try cobbo at fullback.

He wasn't solid, he was bang average. You're using stats to deflect from what happened from his missed tackles. Kennedy let an easy line break through the middle cuz it looked like he was having a seizure at basic footwork. Kennedy missed out on the first 20mins where we were under the pump and he still comes out with 6m a hitup and missing tackles and giving away penalties.
I think you're confused or didn't watch the game. It was Palasia who gave away multiple penalties, not Kennedy. Palasia missed 5 tackles, same as Riki same as Glenn. Not Kennedy , he only missed three.

Haas was the forward who let them through right up the
middle and he went out on the first tackle too. That's two major **** ups. One last lie needs correcting, Kennedy didn't gain only 6 metres a run, it was 7.6. He went okay and better than others. Facts.

I'm his biggest critic, and I've even admitted he has been way better than I thought he could be. But Huge thinks we have a budget Webcke on our books, and refuses to admit when he is useless.
I'd certainly like to see the post where you give Kennedy credit or admit anything. Happy to see it .

He was coherent enough to understand?

sort of ...

but unlike when he normal admits mistakes by flat out declaring the officials got it wrong.

he was a bit more non-committal. something like: "well, the bunker thought that Isaako wouldn't get to the ball but in my opinion he was denied a chance" ... hell, i'm not even sure if he actually said they got it wrong

Here’s a novel idea.

Why doesn’t Annesley oversee the bunker so he doesn’t come out week after week and tell everyone what they got wrong.

Prevention rather than cure comes to mind.
He needs to know what the media think before he can make a decision... hard to do that in the bunker... although he'd probably just have a sports ear in so he can get the live commentary to make the decision for him

I'd certainly like to see the post where you give Kennedy credit or admit anything. Happy to see it .
You're welcome to look through my posts.
I think you're confused or didn't watch the game. It was Palasia who gave away multiple penalties, not Kennedy. Palasia missed 5 tackles, same as Riki same as Glenn. Not Kennedy , he only missed three.

Haas was the forward who let them through right up the
middle and he went out on the first tackle too. That's two major **** ups. One last lie needs correcting, Kennedy didn't gain only 6 metres a run, it was 7.6. He went okay and better than others. Facts.
Why are you bringing up other people? I have no interest in a what about-ism argument. I made a comment on Kennedy, not other people.

The best retort you have is using 7.6m per hitup, like that's a good thing, for a bench prop, who came on after brisbane had spent the first 20mins defending their own line and working the ball out of trouble. He had a shit game, he will still let you cup his balls if you don't defend him.

You're welcome to look through my posts.

Why are you bringing up other people? I have no interest in a what about-ism argument. I made a comment on Kennedy, not other people.

The best retort you have is using 7.6m per hitup, like that's a good thing, for a bench prop, who came on after brisbane had spent the first 20mins defending their own line and working the ball out of trouble. He had a shit game, he will still let you cup his balls if you don't defend him.
No, he had a good solid game with one poor tackle miss. Three of his fellow forwards had five missed tackles. Haas let a try in straight up the middle.
Kennedy very solid . You didn't mention the six again on the 3rd or 4th, by Glenn which forced the extra tackles.

You simply lie to make points. You claimed Kennedy gave away multiple penalties which was false. You claimed he made 6 metres a tackle, in fact 7.66, again another lie to try to bolster your shit agenda. His metres were still better than others. In 39 minutes he made more metres than Palasia did in 60 minutes!!,
gave away less penalties and six agains, made less missed tackles.

If Kennedy had a shit game then Palasia had an absolute shocker!!!

You're wrong again. Oh, I know you've never given Kennedy a wrap. Best you got was you say he's slightly better than the worst player ever. That's hardly praise.

No, he had a good solid game with one poor tackle miss. Three of his fellow forwards had five missed tackles. Haas let a try in straight up the middle.
Kennedy very solid . You didn't mention the six again on the 3rd or 4th, by Glenn which forced the extra tackles.

You simply lie to make points. You claimed Kennedy gave away multiple penalties which was false. You claimed he made 6 metres a tackle, in fact 7.66, again another lie to try to bolster your shit agenda. His metres were still better than others. In 39 minutes he made more metres than Palasia did in 60 minutes!!,
gave away less penalties and six agains, made less missed tackles.

If Kennedy had a shit game then Palasia had an absolute shocker!!!

You're wrong again. Oh, I know you've never given Kennedy a wrap. Best you got was you say he's slightly better than the worst player ever. That's hardly praise.
You claim I lie to make points, yet misrepresent what I post.

Why do you need to mention other players to try and take the focus away from the point, which is Kennedy? Did I say Kennedy was the only poor player? No? So other people doesn't mean shit. You can try to bend any stats to make it look like he had a solid game, but he had a shocker.

You compare his stats to Palasia, but don't mention for the first 15-20mins of the game, Brisbane spent the majority of that time tackling. Kennedy came onto the field after we won back a bit of control, and still only managed 7.666666666666666m per run, which is horrible, especially when you add in his **** ups.

Try and make one argument for him without saying "yeah but what about this guy" It's such a poor argument.

You claim I lie to make points, yet misrepresent what I post.

Why do you need to mention other players to try and take the focus away from the point, which is Kennedy? Did I say Kennedy was the only poor player? No? So other people doesn't mean shit. You can try to bend any stats to make it look like he had a solid game, but he had a shocker.

You compare his stats to Palasia, but don't mention for the first 15-20mins of the game, Brisbane spent the majority of that time tackling. Kennedy came onto the field after we won back a bit of control, and still only managed 7.666666666666666m per run, which is horrible, especially when you add in his **** ups.

Try and make one argument for him without saying "yeah but what about this guy" It's such a poor argument.
You're deflecting , as usual. You lied to prove your case.
What **** ups? Missing a tackle?

I contrasted the others, not just Palasia because you singled out Kennedy for poor defence. Two more of his team mates had worse defence, three more missed just the same number as Kennedy but you single out only Kennedy.

You're magnifying Kennedy's errors whilst blithley ignoring others. That's because you just want to be 'right all along' .

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Volvo Driver
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • armchair
  • Behold
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • broncoscope
  • LittleDavey
  • Culhwch
  • Lurker
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.