Round 21 Discussion

This is going to be a draw.

10 bloody field goal attempts ... both sides should have given up on a field goal long ago and focused on going for the try

10 bloody field goal attempts ... both sides should have given up on a field goal long ago and focused on going for the try

The one time Taylor ran it, he nearly went straight through. Titans would have scored if he had a support player to pass it to.

I thought he should have told one of his players to run off him and just run it on the last.

Last edited:
All of a sudden Ben hunts field goal woes don't seem so bad

The shitty FG's aside, that was a great game.

Great game which unfortunately highlighted how far off the pace we are. The Tits would pound us if we played them.

I'm fuming, after the Mead sin-bin I had one thing pop up after another so I had to put the game into the background. Now I'm going to have to wait until replay to make sense of anything.

Based on what I saw, the Titans played like their lives depended on it. They weren't afraid to throw the footy around and they came up with some huge defensive efforts that caught the Sharks wanting on a few occasions.

Cronulla have a real belief among themselves that is just so hard to get right. Players aren't afraid to toss the ball around and conjure up something out of nothing. Of course there's an element of luck involved and eventually the pendulum is going to swing, but if they're good enough they can ride it all the way to the grand final.

The key is just seeing how the Sharks respond when the bubble bursts. The completions and their discipline concerns me, I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Canberra just sneaks up on everyone and pinches it this season. 2016 has a real 2005 vibe for me in that sense.

I'm fuming, after the Mead sin-bin I had one thing pop up after another so I had to put the game into the background. Now I'm going to have to wait until replay to make sense of anything.

Titans should have been down to 12 men again before the Fifita try.

Bukuya was held back from going for the ball in a try scoring situation. That's been a professional foul all year.

Wow that was a cracking game despite the botched field goals, some scrappy play and some average referring decisions that was great to watch and very captivating. The Titans would be happy with the draw they really took it to Cronulla and didn't back down, they should be very proud of how they've gone this year the Titans. The Sharks I think didn't deserve to win that game as they didn't play anywhere near their potential, they didn't deliver at the crunch time, didn't go on with a 12 point lead and took some poor options on the last tackle. I think deep down they are happy that the winning streak is over and people can stop questioning when it's going to end.

Really enjoy Blocker's commentary I hope he gets a permanent role on Fox.

Cronulla's Wade Graham has left Gold Coast rival Ryan James fuming after allegedly lying at the golden point coin toss in Monday's NRL draw at Robina.
James, leading the Titans in place of injured co-captains Nathan Friend and Will Zillman, said Graham changed his call after the toss to decide who would kick off the opening period of extra time in the 18-all draw.

Graham was the Sharks' representative at the toss with captain Paul Gallen sitting on the interchange bench.
James said after initially calling tails, Graham had claimed he called heads when the coin landed on heads.

A subsequent retake of the toss landed the Sharks' way and allowed them to receive the kick off for the first set of the sudden-death period - a potentially match-winning advantage.
"It should have been us receiving but we had to kick off. We would have had an extra set," James said.

"That's a massive play ... I was frustrated at that."
If Graham had committed the crime though, he wasn't confessing any time soon.

"You'll have to go back and check the tape there," the representative forward told AAP.
"The referee is there to officiate it. I only play the game."

Cronulla Sharks' Wade Graham accused of lying over coin toss in draw with Titans

Well his response proves he lied, Gallens influence again?

Hey look, sharks cheated again. Fancy that.

I needed the useless ***** to just slot one FG, and I had a perfect round in tipping.

Cracker of a game.

Fox Sports got the audio, and Graham did lie.

But, it doesn't really matter.

Taylor wasn't going to be kicking them a field goal. He was about as useful as Ben Hunt last night.

I've seen the Butterfly Effect enough times to know that isn't true.

Graham better cop a fine for that.

Is there anything in the rules about that. He should be punished, it's outright cheating.

The NRL have already reviewed it.

They are fine with the way it was handled.

They said the ref couldn't hear Graham's call.

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.