Round 21 Discussion

Which fuckwit at Fox Sports thought it was a good idea to have Hook as a commentator?

Knowledge wise he isn't bad, but he is just so fucking boring.

Commentators blowing their load over that catch from Crighton..

Seemed like a pretty standard take. He had no pressure whatsoever.

That was a fantastic win for the Panthers, not just in the context of this season, but what it can potentially mean moving forward. All their debutants stood up and the senior players went to another level.

If you're Mary McGregor, you'd consider blooding a fair few players against the Sharks. They have a way of underestimating talented up and comers.

Also 0/3 in the tipping. Saw the Broncos performance coming a mile away, just never thought in a million years it'd be enough to a win a game of footy.

Last edited:
Holy Shit there were some forward passes not called in that penriff game. Crucial ones as well

None. There were chasers but there wasn't anyone contesting it. It was an easy catch, even for a rookie.

The entire game was resting on him coming up with that play. Considering it was his first game of first grade, the opposition had all the momentum and he found himself playing in a foreign position (he's ordinarily a centre) to make it look so easy was a credit to him.

If he came up with that play in the 30th minute, I doubt it would have drawn that response but to do it with the game on the line was impressive. I've seen better players drop those.

Everyone can judge it for themselves, but it wasn't straight down his throat.

Last edited:
He looks an excellent prospect. Destroyed QLD in the u20's game i think it was.

No positives to be found here, Paix injured and once behind pretty hard to get anything going without your seven and captain. Too many mistakes and simple execution errors.

Burton for the Blues was outstanding, what footwork just couldn't get a hold on him at all. His jinking runs were just unreal. Penrith have a good kid there. He's a big number 6 but I loved how he moved and kicked.

Roosters' hooker Verrill right option at the right time, that kick through and he defended well.

Yep, thing I found interesting he isn't even in their 36. They had to get special consideration to play him. How is the NSW Under 20's halves not in any squad?

Yep, thing I found interesting he isn't even in their 36. They had to get special consideration to play him. How is the NSW Under 20's halves not in any squad?

In fairness, Cooper Johns was picked ahead of him for that game before he was a late scratching. Burton isn't a virtual unknown, but I don't think anyone could anticipate how quickly his game would develop in the space of a year. Penrith were fortunate that the NRL aren't sticklers, but at the same time, it's good to see a story like that come to life like it did.

Gus is too much, but it was good that he was on the call and could speak for a lot of these juniors. I don't think I've heard such an insiders call for a game in years.

Someone tell Corey Parker to read a rule book.

What Ponga did, shoulder charge. However, he will get away with it just like he did against Chee Kam.

A touchie making an offside call.

You don't see that often.

What the **** was Ponga doing there?

The Knights choked hard.

Actually he is not.

The Fox Sports crew were making it sound like he was out. Could have sworn they said the Tigers were losing their captain.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.