Round 21 Discussion

So the new grub tactic from the Storm is to lead with the elbow to the throat of the defender when hitting it up. **** me, should have been about 5 penalties for that shit from the Storm. Also, Nelson Afoxxxxxxxxxx should get fucking weeks for his crusher/choker hold. Absolute bullshit.

They mastered the wrestling, now they’re working on their stand up. Next stop tag team mma

If we play Tommy and Sully next week they will be up against quite a few rookies in the Panthers team.

It also gives them a game together before taking on the Wabbits. Another big plus is no one but us know exactly what they will do so it is pretty hard for coaches to work out a game plan against them.

Is Brodie Croft the most blessed player in the comp? If he was playing anywhere else, he'd look like absolute dog shit. Looks like a world beater behind that pack and Smith/Munster but I just don't rate him.

It's the old fashioned wrap around from Walker and we could be all locked up here.

Just good footy sense from Walker, it's why he's one of the best halves in the game.

Reynolds makes no mistake.
Why isn't the old fashoined wrap around an obstruction. He receives it on the inside shoulder and runs around the back .

Get ready for Fittler to really increase the bitching about Melbournes ruck tactics leading into the semis.
He will make sure the Roosters get a fair shake when they meet the Storm but they're not far behind with their tactics.

Why isn't the old fashoined wrap around an obstruction. He receives it on the inside shoulder and runs around the back .

That's a good question.

I suppose it's for the same reason why teams aren't pulled up for taking advantage of an offload. The 'blocker' in those cases had possession at some point and legitimately drew in the defence, where as in cases like sweep plays, those blockers aren't legitimate options and they're designed to obstruct the defence.

That's a good question.

I suppose it's for the same reason why teams aren't pulled up for taking advantage of an offload. The 'blocker' in those cases had possession at some point and legitimately drew in the defence, where as in cases like sweep plays, those blockers aren't legitimate options and they're designed to obstruct the defence.
All true, but would be interesting if the run around dummies after the wrap and goes through.

So the new grub tactic from the Storm is to lead with the elbow to the throat of the defender when hitting it up. **** me, should have been about 5 penalties for that shit from the Storm. Also, Nelson Afoxxxxxxxxxx should get fucking weeks for his crusher/choker hold. Absolute bullshit.

Not only is it dangerous, but Melbourne were rewarded for it on the day. They were down a man, not going anywhere and on the last run Kamikamica collects Walker with the elbow and draws a penalty.

It's something I've seen from time to time, but only remember seeing it penalised in the Warriors/Broncos game last year when Macca turned feral.

----------------------------------
Interesting to note that Garner was unsuccessful at the judiciary. I thought it was a text-book example of the type of hit they're trying to get out of the game, but was interesting to see them challenge the 'lateness' of the hit. Technically anytime a player is without possession it's late, but I was interested to hear them argue intent.

I still think Chris Smith should have challenged his charge.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Mister Wright
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • jd87
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bish
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.