Round 22 - Broncos vs Bulldogs - Post Match Discussion

Very happy with the result.

Will be interesting to see how the team follows it up on Thursday but I'm very pleased with the way the boys managed to cut out the cheap errors, fixed their 5th tackle option plays and supported each other through the middle.

A lot to like about that and just what the Broncos needed.

I still can't get over the massive improvement to Hunt's kicking game. It was a crucial factor in the win last night, along with Barba's kicking and passing game.

We have to keep the same 17 for the rest of the year and te only issue now is whither Hodges, Copley and Reed?

Last edited:

This song literally came on when I found out the score.

Onya Broncos!

Watching that try with that music playing in the background, fucking epic.

That was by far my favorite try of the year. Not so much Reed's quick thinking to kick the ball back or the fact that Barba managed to score in such a tight space. It was because they didn't take the tackle. They threw the ball around, they took a bloody chance.

It was awesome. And Barba giving it to the Bulldogs fans, that was awesome too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the way Macca was yapping in Ennis and Reynolds faces last night. Giving them a bit of their own back
Klemmer was another one with a fair bit to say on the field. His mouth never stopped moving the whole time he was out there

Last edited:
Super Freak or any avid replay watcher will have to confirm this for me, but early in the second half, did anybody else catch the Broncos giving Kennedy a huge spray for giving away a penalty and not listening?

Could just be my imagination or a misinterpretation but seemed pretty suspicious when I caught it on Fox.

Super Freak or any avid replay watcher will have to confirm this for me, but early in the second half, did anybody else catch the Broncos giving Kennedy a huge spray for giving away a penalty and not listening?

Could just be my imagination or a misinterpretation but seemed pretty suspicious when I caught it on Fox.

Glenn and McGuire had a few words to say to him.

I heard someone say fucking listen.

Not sure who said it, but those 2 players definitely had words with him.

Edit: I think he was told not to get involved in the next tackle and that's why they sprayed him.

Last edited:
I don't know if last night was a happy or sad thing. Happy because we played much better than I was expecting (I thought we could win but only off the Dogs just being poor) or sad because for some reason we can only do this once a month.

Ben Hunt was fantastic. He stepped up after a few bad games like a class player does. The talk of him being a dud after his last couple of weeks looks pretty stupid now!

The other Ben was very good too. I hope a certain Mr. Bennett was watching that, because that's the kind of talent I want to see grow next year.

Did anyone else notice Klemmer lifting the knees when getting tackled?

Speaking of spraying, I noticed Hoffman giving it to Parker(?) when he didn't come up and support him when Hoffman made an overlap on the left side.

Hoffman should be the last person on the team to be giving out sprays IMO. The amount of times he has not passed when he should have is absolutely ridiculous.

Hoffman should be the last person on the team to be giving out sprays IMO. The amount of times he has not passed when he should have is absolutely ridiculous.

Well you can't blame anyone for not supporting Hoggman given his form....:wink:

Speaking of spraying, I noticed Hoffman giving it to Parker(?) when he didn't come up and support him when Hoffman made an overlap on the left side.
Did Parker tell him he didn't expect him to pass the ball anyway?

Speaking of passing, Hoggman seems to be much more capable of passing left to right than the other way around, which is understandable for a lefty, but not acceptable for a 5/8. Surely this would've been seen at training months ago!

Great win but I don't think we were as good as the score shows.

Williams and Reynolds certainly killed any momentum the Bulldogs had on multiple occasions. Kasiano was certainly a handful before he went off injured.

I thought Hunt had a fantastic game, more so in defence. The Bulldogs obviously targeted Hunt by having Williams run at him the whole night and Hunt did a bloody awesome job containing him. Williams is twice his size!

Going to be tough against Souths that's for sure. Can't see Souths losing another game for the year.

Kasiano was running riot before he went off. Probably a turning point in the game for the Bulldogs.

Kasiano was running riot before he went off. Probably a turning point in the game for the Bulldogs.

It was certainly advantageous for us. With him out that really cut down on their ball play close to the line. Made containing them much easier.

The back end of this season reminds me of 2006. Broncos were struggling big time, losing games they shouldn't have lost. Then a massive win against the Bulldogs reignited their season. Could the Broncos go all the way again?

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.