Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
11/8/13
Suncorp Stadium
Sunday 3:00pm

We should win this one at home.

Is Kahu any chance of coming back already?

This should be an easy win. Shut Dugan down and the game is ours.

Shut Maranta down (and remove him) and our chances improve dramatically.

Lots of endurance training from now on, and FFS get the attack standing deeper

Last edited:
I've come up with a method for tipping, if Maranta is playing, back against the Broncos, I've got about an 80% strike rate with it.

Put Hoffman back on the wing now that Reed is fit and give Maranta a crack at fullback. It might teach him to put some venom in his kick returns.

Put Hoffman back on the wing now that Reed is fit and give Maranta a crack at fullback. It might teach him to put some venom in his kick returns.

I honestly don't believe he has it in him.

I think Copley could be a chance, Cmail said he's likely to be back very soon, be it in reserve grade or first grade.

Probably QLD Cup to start with. What about Kahu? Would love to have him on the right soon. Someone Hodges will hopefully start passing again too.

I'd take a half healed knee Copley over Maranta. He bombed a try, dropped a bomb and made a bad tackle attempt which led to a try, basically every week of him is a negative highlights package.

I would also of course take Kahu over Maranta, so would Griffin as evidenced by him dropping Maranta as soon as Kahu/Reed are fit.

Knee injuries aren't anything to mess around with, Copley would be better off getting some time under his belt in the QCup.

However if Kahu is right then he must come in for Maranta. He isn't as good under the high ball but the kid knows how to score a try.

Knee injuries aren't anything to mess around with, Copley would be better off getting some time under his belt in the QCup.

However if Kahu is right then he must come in for Maranta. He isn't as good under the high ball but the kid knows how to score a try.
Why not just come back through first grade? It's not like the chances of injuring your knee are lower in QCup, he still has to run the same way and make the same type of tackles. Confidence is a factor but I still think he's a better shot than Maranta, however at this stage of the season I'd rather Kahu over Copley.

The demands of first grade football are far greater than the Queensland Cup.

Speed, intensity and expectations weigh on the players.

I think Dale would be better served not playing this season and getting a full off-season and pre-season under his belt, I feel the same way about Kahu as well, he re-broke the same hand that was already broken, that does some serious damage, hopefully he isn't rushed back into the side.

Team I would like to see...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Scott Prince
7. Ben Hunt
8. Mitchell Dodds
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Jake Granville
15. Lama Tasi
16. Ben Hannant
17. David Stagg

I doubt we'll see any changes and I can understand why but I believe this team will provide us with a stronger offensive game.

Question marks on Kahu but I've named him as a best case scenario and that somehow his hand has magically healed in time.

Granville in for Wallace because I think he's a better option in general.

Tasi for Lui because I just rate him as a better talent and prospect. It probably won't make too big a difference as both are just there to play a pinch hitting role.

Hannnant + Stagg to play more game time. We need to rotate our forwards better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • TimWhatley
  • I bleed Maroon
  • theshed
  • Mick_Hancock
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • Stix
  • kman
  • Broncosgirl
  • sooticus
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • Midean
  • Wolfie
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.