PRE-GAME Round 22 - Broncos vs Panthers

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

If Flegler, Glenn and Gillett are out:

1. Milford (this is actually working for the most part)
2. Farnworth (Oates needs a break, has he even played the last month?)
3. Staggs
4. Boyd (Ugh, he has to be somewhere it seems unfortunately)
5. Isaako
6. Macca
7. SOS
8. Haas
9. Turps
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Turps
15. Kennedy
16. Joffa
17. Palasia (I guess, doesn't seem anyone is around)

If Flegler, Glenn and Gillett are out:

1. Milford (this is actually working for the most part)
2. Farnworth (Oates needs a break, has he even played the last month?)
3. Staggs
4. Boyd (Ugh, he has to be somewhere it seems unfortunately)
5. Isaako
6. Macca
7. SOS
8. Haas
9. Turps
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Turps
15. Kennedy
16. Joffa
17. Palasia (I guess, doesn't seem anyone is around)
Turps is so good he is in the team twice?

Oates doesn’t need a break he needs some ball to go his way
His whole side of the field ends when Fifita gets the ball for some reason

There was that stupid flop he did, he might have made contact with the head?

Yeah it was late and the knee made contact with the head so he will get a dangerous contact head/neck charge.

Pray to cthulhu that either sos or deardon are fit for this game.cant go forward with Boyd at 6 just doesn't work.

Time to drop Boyd. 1 run for 1 metre. For ****'s sake, what use is the prick?

I think the board has given clear instructions that if Boyd makes his quota of at least 1 run for any metres gained, he is a definitely starter for the team.

yeh this; unfortunately the Titans exist so we can't possible win the spoon....but thats what needs to happen cause if we make the finals somehow....Leadership will pat themselves on the arse and say "geez that was money well spent on Macca, Boyd, Gillet & Lexi, bring em back for another title at eight spot next year..."

Im serious......the club will do NOTHING about sorting this shit out if we make the finals.....the board needs the pressure from fans, sponsors and media by finishing last to really sort this shit out...

yeh this; unfortunately the Titans exist so we can't possible win the spoon....but thats what needs to happen cause if we make the finals somehow....Leadership will pat themselves on the arse and say "geez that was money well spent on Macca, Boyd, Gillet & Lexi, bring em back for another title at eight spot next year..."

Im serious......the club will do NOTHING about sorting this shit out if we make the finals.....the board needs the pressure from fans, sponsors and media by finishing last to really sort this shit out...
Probably no need to bundle Glenn in with that lot, but otherwise I agree with your general sentiment.

Probably no need to bundle Glenn in with that lot, but otherwise I agree with your general sentiment.

yeh...probably harsh on Glenn in hindsight......im lumping our failure to resign Fifita with the club umming and ahhing about whether to resign Glenn...

Dunno if its true but its a thought thats got stuck in my head.....so I keep thinking if true then Glenn is actually expendable...

Actually it's weird, but anyone who is considered a forward (even if they played out of position in the backs) seems to be going ok. Turpin isn't a great half but is handy and fulfils a role up to a point. Glenn isn't a great centre but again fulfils the role, and our forwards monstered their opposites. What is happening with our backs?
The saddest part with Glenn is that he isn't any faster or more dangerous than he was 5 years ago but because of the mediocrity and inconsistency in our backs looks like he is.
As for Macca, he is a solid player and works hard. He may not have the speed of segyaro or Turpin but at least holds his own when it comes to work ethic. People calling for him to be dropped need to look at what he does off the ball. His career may near the end but he is giving everything he has. Turpin appears to be the future of the club and segyaro will no doubt be handy in the medium term, but whilst we have a side that looks like it is a broken clock can we afford to lose someone who gives everything they have, and replace them with a 20 something back.
As for Boyd, what is going on? He has been much maligned at fullback in the past but since moving seems totally disinterested except as a tackling machine. He is the opposite of most of our young backs in that they seem much keener in attack (although the previous game would suggest otherwise).
With the exception of our forwards, this team appears broken. I'd be tempted to look at another pair of eyes dealing with the half problem, the way bennet did and bring someone like andrew johns, or kevin walters in to help them a bit. Surely even a young fit dearden would benefit with a new approach there. I'm thinking Siebold might see that as a slight if the board tried doing it with him however so it will probably never happen. Then again veteran players are invited in all the time so maybe the players have too much of a chip on their shoulders or something? I don't know what is going on inside the club but this is the strangest season I can remember with regard to potential not being met and plateaus of good football, followed by pits of gameplay my step son's under 18's would be ashamed of.

Anyone know if dearden/O’Sullivan will be available next week?
I think we are going to need them.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Strop
  • HVbronco
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncs1459
  • Skyblues87
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • LittleDavey
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • theshed
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.