PRE-GAME Round 22 - Broncos vs Panthers

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Just running a quick poll, but if my job was to manage your superfund and i did nothing at all with it, would you forgive me if i said it was just a job? Because that's what boyd is effectively saying.

I haven't watched Penrith for a while so I have no idea where they're at but if Maloney is back and they have Cleary/Maloney going up against Boyd/Turpin then I'll lock in a 13+ loss from now.

The irony is the Panthers have 2 of the better halves in the comp and are both current Origin players, yet have as much trouble in the their opponents 20 meter zone than we do at the moment. Mind you though their back 5 have been hot garbage most of the year. Their promotion of To’o and Naden helped them immensely get them out of their funk for a while there as well as the return in confidence of Mansour and Edwards.

But they are probably about at our level. If we pick the right team with a proper halves combination and players in their right positions, I reckon we are a better team just.

Time to drop Boyd. 1 run for 1 metre. For ****'s sake, what use is the prick?

What was more worrying for me is the 13 touches in 80 minutes as a captain and playing alongside an out of position halfback where he should have been trying to share the workload to provide another option.

It is inexcusable and is weak as piss leadership and it’s further damaging his already shot to bits reputation. I honestly believe the mentality of our squad would improve with Boyd gone. What is the point of having experience on the field of your going to just play like a spectator?

Just running a quick poll, but if my job was to manage your superfund and i did nothing at all with it, would you forgive me if i said it was just a job? Because that's what boyd is effectively saying.
I would make you captain of finance and sign you up to a 5 year contract with options in your favour.

Apart from his try turps was shit again.

Purely from a halfback point of view that’s fair but it’s a bit harsh on a player clearly playing out of position.

No credit given for his 40/20 and his defense though?

Yeah I’ve said before that it’s not his fault he’s playing out of position. He wasn’t good though. That try was fortuitous. That 40/20 must have been his only good kick because the rest were awful.

The irony is he was probably the best half out on the field.

The good news is that none of our guys were charged from last night. The bad news is twelve of the boys will be unable to train until at least Wednesday due to severe cases of trench-foot suffered on the surface of 1300 miles (out) stadium during the 80 minutes.

What was more worrying for me is the 13 touches in 80 minutes as a captain and playing alongside an out of position halfback where he should have been trying to share the workload to provide another option.

25 receipts according to NRL.com. Granted, most halves usually have up around 30-40 touches a game but he wasn't THAT bad.

Surprisingly he had more touches than Clifford did.

After hearing Corey Parker’s commentary last night I wonder if he’ll be down at training this week to give the boys a rev up

Rumour has it Cozza has been considering coming out of retirement to play at 6 after seeing what work load is required to be able to play that position. He thinks he might have another 6 years in him.

Last edited:
25 receipts according to NRL.com. Granted, most halves usually have up around 30-40 touches a game but he wasn't THAT bad.

Speaking of which, hasn't Clifford turned out to be a dud.

Ok he wasn’t bad.... non existent might be the word I’m looking for.

Ok he wasn’t bad.... non existent might be the word I’m looking for.

Well he wasn't only 13 touches bad. Where did you get those figures from?

Worth noting that Brisbane 53% of possession, so it's not overly surprising that Boyd had more touches than Clifford.

He certainly hasn't gone on with it, but there's still aspects of his game that suggests he has a future in the NRL.

The irony is he was probably the best half out on the field.

Yeah fucking hell what a bunch of plodders. Who would have guessed a couple of years ago a Broncos v Cowboys game could be of such low quality.

Seibs is a stat driven coach. He can no longer ignore Boyd’s horrendous 1 run for 1 meter rubbish.
Push him to centre or even just out the door.
Not sure the halves pairing this week however it has to 100% have dearden or sos in it.
6. sos/turps
7. Dearden
9. Turps/macca/seggy

Best case is
6. Sos
7.Dearden
9. Turps
But we all know that for some unknown reason it just will not happen.
There is no way you can put turps back to the bench after what he did for us last night.
Shiba also has to go.

He just seems OK so far. You really can't tell with yoing halves even when they are killing it in their teens. So many of them end up being just mediocre...and that's if they are lucky. It's why I'm so cautious with Dearden too.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ondi
  • rj9
  • thenry
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.