PRE-GAME Round 22 - Broncos vs Panthers

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Is it time to put milf back at 6 and having another look at isaako at 1 , boyd in the centers.

nope ..

although moving Boyd to the centers is a must ... hopefully SOS is back this week and we can make this move

Last edited:
I didn't, I watch it on mute.

I do the same, both Foxtel and 9 commentary are garbage. I watched the highlights though and a perfect example of their terrible commentary was for our first try. We started 15 meters out, a pass and hitup to TPJ who offloads at the 20m to Milf who throws a cutout to Isaako who put on the goosestep and then fend to break into the open. The commentator was talking about something else that entire play, and only started calling what was happening once Isaako had crossed the 50m. The entire NRL organisation seems completely amateur and it gets harder to watch each year.

Ranting aside, let's hope O'Sullivan goes good up in Cairns today for Norths Devils and can work his way back into the squad, especially if Dearden isn't ready which is definitely a possibility considering the long layoff he's had and being so young.

I do the same, both Foxtel and 9 commentary are garbage. I watched the highlights though and a perfect example of their terrible commentary was for our first try. We started 15 meters out, a pass and hitup to TPJ who offloads at the 20m to Milf who throws a cutout to Isaako who put on the goosestep and then fend to break into the open. The commentator was talking about something else that entire play, and only started calling what was happening once Isaako had crossed the 50m. The entire NRL organisation seems completely amateur and it gets harder to watch each year.

Ranting aside, let's hope O'Sullivan goes good up in Cairns today for Norths Devils and can work his way back into the squad, especially if Dearden isn't ready which is definitely a possibility considering the long layoff he's had and being so young.

That’s the thing, if I wants biased opinions and unprofessional comments, I’ll read a live game thread, why do I have to be force fed the rubbish the commentary team puts out constantly? I just get sick and tired of them whinging about consistency and then just ranting when they feel consistency shouldn’t apply because they think it shouldn’t (Gould and Hadley I’m talking about your constant rubbish).

Voss is bearable and so is Rabs, everyone else not so. Gould should not be given so much airtime and I have no idea how Hadley ever made it into the commentary box.

I'd run out with this team against the Panthers (i'm going to assume that Glenn and SOS are back while Dearden and Gillett are out):

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Isaako
6. Turpin
7. O'Sullivan
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. Pangai

14. Segeyaro
15. Ofahengaue
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan

I'd run out with this team against the Panthers (i'm going to assume that Glenn and SOS are back while Dearden and Gillett are out):

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Isaako
6. Turpin
7. O'Sullivan
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. Pangai

14. Segeyaro
15. Ofahengaue
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan
I think this is absolutely spot on. With Turpin to play on the right and SOS on the left.

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Isaako
6. Turpin
7. O'Sullivan
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. Pangai

14. Segeyaro
15. Ofahengaue
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan

I could live with this also, I liked what I saw of SOS in the game he was injured.
[automerge]1565406711[/automerge]
nope ..

although moving Boyd to the centers is a must ... hopefully SOS is back this week and we can make this move

Why are you so adamant about this? Milf is best for our team at 6.

Last edited:
I could live with this also, I liked what I saw of SOS in the game he was injured.
[automerge]1565406711[/automerge]

Why are you so adamant about this? Milf is best for our team at 6.
I think Milf is an awesome 6 but only when he has a proper half back with enough confidence to take over organising duties plus I think we don't have a good enough option for fullback at the moment. Maybe bird when he's fit but he would need a full offseason first at least.

Cos offering a criticism is just so much cooler than offering a suggestion. Em-I-roight?
Maybe if I got a suggestion first, instead of 'Nope ' maybe I would. Em-I-Roight?

Milford is a Fullback the only thing that made him decent as a 6 was his kicking, he isn't an organizer which is what we will need him to be if he goes to 6.

We just have to bite the bullet on this one and accept it, it looks bad now because every half option we have got injured at the same time, we probably still need to sign a experience half if we can get Boyd to retire but once our players are back it will start to make sense.

I stand corrected if that was the case but I could have sworn I read an article (not sure which media entity it was published by) that stated he had 13 touches. But I should also know better than to take that as a given considering the amount of discrepancies between basic stats between different stat recorders at the best of times

It did seem very believable because besides the one good he did when he got a repeat set off a short grubber in behind the line and the couple of times I vaguely remember him shuffling the ball on, I hardly ever remember seeing ball in hand.

I noticed that figure in Lockyer's article as well, I wonder where the discrepency is coming from? Maybe they split dummy half passes into their own category?

Milford is a Fullback the only thing that made him decent as a 6 was his kicking, he isn't an organizer which is what we will need him to be if he goes to 6.

We just have to bite the bullet on this one and accept it, it looks bad now because every half option we have got injured at the same time, we probably still need to sign a experience half if we can get Boyd to retire but once our players are back it will start to make sense.

That's the other thing. He does have good kicking game, but it took him a couple of years to develop it. At the same time we watched as his running game deteriorated tremendously. The kid who was once labelled a prodigy, needs to rediscover his dynamic footwork which made him such an exciting prospect.....fullback is where he has his best chance of doing that imo.

Milford was getting swamped at 5/8th. Teams ran at him all game, surrounded him in attack and his edge defence was questionable. Fullback has rejuvenated him. Looks quicker and lighter already.
I agree, but atm we have no halves. If we want to get in the finals I think milf would be a good option until we get some halves back.
[automerge]1565434148[/automerge]

Which is why I suggested he go back to 6 for a bit. He also got us to a GF at 6 so don't tell me he isn't one.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• whykickamoocow
  • Brotherdu
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  • john1420
  • Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • kiwi2
  • HarryAllan7
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.