PRE-GAME Round 22 - Broncos vs Panthers

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Seibs is a stat driven coach. He can no longer ignore Boyd’s horrendous 1 run for 1 meter rubbish.
Push him to centre or even just out the door.
Not sure the halves pairing this week however it has to 100% have dearden or sos in it.
6. sos/turps
7. Dearden
9. Turps/macca/seggy

Best case is
6. Sos
7.Dearden
9. Turps
But we all know that for some unknown reason it just will not happen.

There is no way you can put turps back to the bench after what he did for us last night.
Shiba also has to go.

the reason is not unknown ... in fact the reason is very well known ...

the reason is INJURIES

the reason is not unknown ... in fact the reason is very well known ...

the reason is INJURIES
Just a question mate, are you getting a little nervous about seibold? Not saying he's had the best situation ,but from what I've seen so far isn't instilling me with great confidence. I'm happy to give him next year, but I would've thought there'd be a little improvement.

Panthers back Edward and Mansour still have problems with high ball although they’ve improved, I really suggest Milford should take over kicking role.

I don’t know what happened to SOS, but we could really need some true half in the team!

Just a question mate, are you getting a little nervous about seibold? Not saying he's had the best situation ,but from what I've seen so far isn't instilling me with great confidence. I'm happy to give him next year, but I would've thought there'd be a little improvement.
I don't know about Foordy, but I am certainly starting to have some doubts. If we are supposed to be working off a Storm blueprint, I can see no signs of set attacking and defensive structures being implemented and established. If anything both are regressing.

I don't know about Foordy, but I am certainly starting to have some doubts. If we are supposed to be working off a Storm blueprint, I can see no signs of set attacking and defensive structures being implemented and established. If anything both are regressing.
Yeah it's concerning, I think I'll wait till we get a real 7 back before getting to concerned. But you're right there dosen't seem to be much of a game plan.

Really nice of Cronulla to play the Panthers back into form. If we serve up what we served up last night and Penrith play like they are tonight, it will be another 30-40 point flogging.

Really nice of Cronulla to play the Panthers back into form. If we serve up what we served up last night and Penrith play like they are tonight, it will be another 30-40 point flogging.

It looking like you might have spoke too soon..

We have to move our best half to fullback even we have no half back ups.

The sharks would rather switch center Dugan to fullback even he’s very unstable with high ball sometimes.

I remember I’ve listed Edward and Boyd are the same level shit fullback at the start of the season, now panthers fullback totally strikes back, and our fullback got rewarded for position promotion to 5/8

Should we sack some board members first to grow some balls? So we could literally hold some players accountable?

Panthers back Edward and Mansour still have problems with high ball although they’ve improved, I really suggest Milford should take over kicking role.

I don’t know what happened to SOS, but we could really need some true half in the team!
SOS is listed in the Big League as playing for the Devils tomorrow. Don’t know how accurate that is though.

Milford perfected his high bombs and they have been quite effective but he has been doing them less since his move to fullback.

I think he needs to start doing them more often.

I think a lot of problems with that cows game can be attributed to the playing surface. *excuse. Also dunno why Boyd is getting so much scrutiny for that game, he didn't even play did he? As for Panthers, I watched that whole game (not just highlights) and their defence was full of holes but sharks attack wasn't much good till the end. Panthers attack was decent though but their rookies did a lot of the work and as we know first hand, rookies are inconsistent. I wouldn't say they were played into form. Panthers don't have much luck at Suncorp. All we need is one genuine half who can't implement structures and we can take them which, if tigers lose this round we stay in the 8 for another week.

Milford perfected his high bombs and they have been quite effective but he has been doing them less since his move to fullback.

I think he needs to start doing them more often.

It’s the only kicks he does now. What happened to his long kicking from last year? You could tell he really wanted to achieve a 40/20 just to prove to himself he could. Since he got one or 2, he’s put it away completely.

Last edited:
Well he wasn't only 13 touches bad. Where did you get those figures from?

Worth noting that Brisbane 53% of possession, so it's not overly surprising that Boyd had more touches than Clifford.

He certainly hasn't gone on with it, but there's still aspects of his game that suggests he has a future in the NRL.

I stand corrected if that was the case but I could have sworn I read an article (not sure which media entity it was published by) that stated he had 13 touches. But I should also know better than to take that as a given considering the amount of discrepancies between basic stats between different stat recorders at the best of times

It did seem very believable because besides the one good he did when he got a repeat set off a short grubber in behind the line and the couple of times I vaguely remember him shuffling the ball on, I hardly ever remember seeing ball in hand.

Last edited:
Early markets has us at 1.70 and Penrith at 2.15 which considering the difference in standard of the games both teams have just played doesn’t make a lot of sense but that’s rugby league for you.

Early markets has us at 1.70 and Penrith at 2.15 which considering the difference in standard of the games both teams have just played doesn’t make a lot of sense but that’s rugby league for you.

I honestly believe we are still getting by on past reputation and the bookies thinking we are going to eventually come good and put it together. Panthers will have Maloney back for this game too.

Judging by some of the comments going around, if you put 2 and 2 together it sounds like SOS will get named for this game in the halves alongside Turpin, meaning Boyd must be getting shifted to left centre with Shibasaki dropped. The end is nigh for Boyd. This will be his 3rd positional change in one year to try accommodate a past it player.

Is it time to put milf back at 6 and having another look at isaako at 1 , boyd in the centers.

Is there another Isaako we don't know about? You can't be talking about Jamayne.
I lol'd too but tbf from isaako 2 out of his last 3 games have been top notch. I thought he was great this week and 2 weeks ago..
[automerge]1565398958[/automerge]
Seibs is a stat driven coach. He can no longer ignore Boyd’s horrendous 1 run for 1 meter rubbish.
Push him to centre or even just out the door.
Not sure the halves pairing this week however it has to 100% have dearden or sos in it.
6. sos/turps
7. Dearden
9. Turps/macca/seggy

Best case is
6. Sos
7.Dearden
9. Turps
But we all know that for some unknown reason it just will not happen.
There is no way you can put turps back to the bench after what he did for us last night.
Shiba also has to go.
Is dearden even due back? Or do we have some black magic healing powder.

The last 6 weeks everyone has been whinging about seibold fixing the halves. Their suggestion?... Put in the injured halves who can't walk on their legs never mind run, MAGIC! why didn't seibold think of it?!

O'sullivan is back and hopefully deaden soon. Until their injury free return is guaranteed can people stop putting up these magical healing powder halves pairings. Deadset, next it'll be.. "Why hasn't seibold brought lockyer out of retirement and gave him some youth water?!"

Despite the shit, necessary, halves pairing we have won 4.5/6. Are we playing shit? Yes. Do we deserve to make the 8? No. Is boyd and macca still playing shit? Yes... But are they costing us games, no, or is their ineptness getting hidden better without costing us points? Yes!

If social media and fan forums were around I swear people would have been calling for Bennett to be dropped in the 80's, Alfie would have never been picked for origin, we wouldn't have signed lazaraus... Etc, etc, etc..

Last edited:

Active Now

• Dash
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Swordfish
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • The True King
  • Mister Wright
  • RolledOates
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
  • jarro65
  • mitch222
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.