Round 22 Discussion

Can anyone explain how Melbourne got the ball back from when remis touched it dead when attempting to score? Was it because he was touching a raiders player when he did it?? That’s the only bizarre thing I can come up with.
Apparently the ball was touching Simmonson whilst also being on the dead ball line... I think the ball touched Simmonson as he was shepherding it dead anyway, so was always going to be a dropout unless of course Reimus knocked it on ingoal or took it dead, but nah Simmo is touching it before Reimus has grounded it dead so give them a dropout

here's question for the guys with good memories (or can be bothered searching)

what is the highest amount of points a team has finished a season with.

Storm are currently on 40, the Rabbitohs and Panthers on 36 (games to go this round)
Didn't storm set a record a few years back with like 2 or 3 losses over the season??

Story of the night there for St. George.

They actually did well in the arm wrestle to get themselves and opportunity only to throw their opportunity away early in the set. Lomax with an all or nothing pass when he hasn't put enough deposits in the banl.

Penrith straight away turn defence into attack with Luai turning it inside to Burton and Penrith virtually put it to bed with just under 30 to go.

Burton scores again off a Bird mistake, it could get really ugly.

Looks like Macca's done his ankle.

It looks like an early end of the season for him.

Soft defence from Beale once again.

Amone with a try assist and a try has been impressive this second half.

It'll be interesting to see how he fits in moving forward. Jayden Sullivan is one of the best young halves coming through as well and Bird will most likely wind up in the centres. I presume either he or Sullivan start 6 with the other coming in at 14.

Corey Norman is terrible....wouldn't make a BRL side at moment

Not a high quality game, but Cleary looked solid on return and once again Matt Burton has continued to put his hand up as one of the superstars of the competition.

If there was a World Cup he'd make the squad for sure.

Always try to keep a lid on stars of the U/20s, but Burton is one of those players who just continues to go from strength to strength.

Just a minor thing last night - I was sitting near the Panthers bench. What a bunch of tossers. Throwing shade at the Dragons players, yelling at the ref and touchie, and just carrying on like some punter in the crowd with a six pack under their belt. One in particular, not sure but think it may have been May. Anyway, he was sitting beside To’o (who was well behaved by the way).

Just a minor thing last night - I was sitting near the Panthers bench. What a bunch of tossers. Throwing shade at the Dragons players, yelling at the ref and touchie, and just carrying on like some punter in the crowd with a six pack under their belt. One in particular, not sure but think it may have been May. Anyway, he was sitting beside To’o (who was well behaved by the way).
sounds about right, this is a reason as to why i can never get behind them even with Melbourne being they way they are.

Surely if you're playing at the ball in the air and bat it into your head, it's a knock on if the ball goes forward?

The ball wouldn't travel forward if the initial play for the ball wasn't there, so it's not like it just came off the head?

Interesting one.

That may be the worst pass of the entire season from Ash Taylor. Forward and out on the full.

How do I get to be a touch judge? Easiest job in the world, you do nothing.

I mean Marshall was nearly a full metre in front of Latrell when he caught that pass from the tackle.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Organix
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mustafur
  • Broncs1459
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.