Round 22 - Raiders vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
at least those teams can run in a try or two when they need it.

Interesting how both those teams throw the ball around, support each other all the time, and have an "X-factor" ready to move up into the line: Barba and Inglis.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Who goes on the wing?

I barely trust Beale in the centres, let alone a rookie that was just hook'd.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Wallace and/or Norman need to go. How long can we put up with them? I'd hook them both and play Hunt and Capewell in the halves. Let them fight it out in QLD Cup until they decide they want to be good enough for first grade.

AWTA.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
1. Capewell
2. Maranta
3. Whitchurch
4. Beale
5. Hoffman
6. Wallace
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Te'o
16. Civo
17. Baptise
Dig that team big time.

Hoff won't get sent to the wing though.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
At least Norman is showing he has at the very least, a grain of creativity

Wallace is lost.....floundering. He has sunken a lot deeper than just his normal depths of nuffiness.

Wallace has to go before Norman.

Norman has to start realising that once he either shifts the ball on or kicks, he has to remain in the game and not just sit back with the rest of his mates, waiting for someone else to do something. When Hunt is out there with him, Norman seems to lift his overall competitiveness.

Nah, Norman before Wallace, Wal ca actually work with his outside men given space and time which Hunt can give. Norman will just take hit ups, may as well play Petero there and get some decent metres.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Dig that team big time.

Hoff won't get sent to the wing though.
Yeah, I agree.

Besides, changing too much will have its side effects as well...
To change something, I would only change one halve now, and that would be Norman out of the team all together to do some soul searching in Qcup. Hunt to 7, Wal to 6, Capewell or Baptiste to 14 if Hook really needs to take Macca off during the game, and oh, speaking of bench... How about we start using it?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We can't make many changes because we've got so many injuries.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
We can't make many changes because we've got so many injuries.

Yep. Which is why I don't see things changing any time soon. We've been found out the last two weeks against teams in the bottom half of the 8. Imagine how we'll go between rounds 23-25? I'm already dreading that patch.

K

Ken Oath

U18 Player
Feb 8, 2012
It seems to me that Corey Norman cannot pass to his left. I have noticed some of his best work this year has been when he has shifted over to the right hand side in attack. Unfortunately he is a left foot kicker which is why the coach has him standing left side. Ben Hunt on the other hand showed last night he has a beautiful right to left pass that can create things for the outside men. He needs to be given a crack there for the 80 mins. We should persist with norman but shift him to the right hand side in attack.

Wallace is ridiculously low on confidence at the moment and if he isn't injured for the Canberra game, would there be any value in putting him on the bench as McCulloch's hooker replacement? This way he might be able to simply defend his ring off, distribute the ball left and right side and throw in the occasional dummy half run and kick. Less pressure to create the play and may give him a chance to build up the level of confidence he had at the start of the season.

Any thoughts?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
It seems to me that Corey Norman cannot pass to his left. I have noticed some of his best work this year has been when he has shifted over to the right hand side in attack. Unfortunately he is a left foot kicker which is why the coach has him standing left side. Ben Hunt on the other hand showed last night he has a beautiful right to left pass that can create things for the outside men. He needs to be given a crack there for the 80 mins. We should persist with norman but shift him to the right hand side in attack.

That's a good point. Lockyer mostly played on the right too, with Wallace on the left. I can only assume that they swapped them because they didn't want Norman defending between Hodges and Thaiday, two of the crappier defenders in our side.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Hoffman
Maranta
Reed
Glenn
Beale
Norman
Wallace
Hannant
Macca
McGuire
Gillett
Thaiday
Parker

Petero
Teo
Hunt
Anderson

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think Reed could be back for this one.,hope so

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I hope we bring in another centre and move Glenn back in the forward pack. I'd like to see how he and Hunt combine (provided Hunt gets a shot in the halves).

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008

Wallace is ridiculously low on confidence at the moment and if he isn't injured for the Canberra game, would there be any value in putting him on the bench as McCulloch's hooker replacement? This way he might be able to simply defend his ring off, distribute the ball left and right side and throw in the occasional dummy half run and kick. Less pressure to create the play and may give him a chance to build up the level of confidence he had at the start of the season.

Any thoughts?

I don't mind the Wallace off the bench option, but it won't happen in 2012.

Agree Hunt threw a blinder of a pass and set up Maranta's try with a well weighted kick, but I don't think you can compare his efforts in 15 minutes versus Norman and Wallace. I'm sure if you put either of them on at the 65 minute mark with nothing to lose they'd look pretty good too.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I will say this though. Sam Thaiday as captain was the worst decision the club has made since chasing Wayne Bennett out of the club. I love the guy as a player, but he's not a leader. Not a captain.

Give it to Corey Parker like they should've done in the first place.

Agree about Sam being a bad call as captain, take it off him and give it to Glenn IMHO

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
1. Capewell
2. Maranta
3. Whitchurch
4. Beale
5. Hoffman
6. Wallace
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Te'o
16. Civo
17. Baptise

I wish! this team might actually do well... so there is 0% chance of this happening. Raiders to revitalise there season with 76-0 thumping of us... and hook to laugh in the post presser again. I wish he could fill the fans in on the joke, because I didn't see too many others in the crowd laughing... with the exception of the parra supporters of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Lostboy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Skathen
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • broncs30
  • Johnny92
  • RolledOates
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.