vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am praying that Oates is back this week. O please sweet baby Jesus. But if not I would like to see how Pearson responds to his mixed night against Eels.
I also think that Thiday needs a week in Qcup he has been terrible since origin started. Offa has improved and impressed everyone and it's time to give him a run on spot. Sims and Blair on at once isn't working there are too alike. Put Sims back to bench and use his impact with TPJ. Also we need TPJ on that field as much as possible, he's a absolute gun and game changer.
1.Boyd
2.Kahu
3.Roberts
4.Moga
5.Oates/Pearson
6.Milford
7.Hunt
8.Offa
9.Waddle
10.Blair
11.Glenn
12.Gillett
13.McGuire
14.Marshal
15.TPJ
16.Sims
17.Ese,Ese

Generally not a fan of the sammy bashing but I think we might almost be at the point where one of the younger guys like arrow or Herman are a better fit for the team off the bench. Sam has limited impact these days and I feel his only benefit is the experienced he brings. In saying that it will be a sad day when he does get dropped.

Also looking at the minutes from our middle forwards agaisnt the eels and Blair, Sims and Thaiday played between 44 and 49 minutes. Offs and pangai played 32 and 35 mins respectively. It would be really good to see the two younger guys increase to 40+ mins and increase the role they play in our games.

1. Boyd
2. Kahu
3. Roberts
4. Opacic
5. Moga
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. TPJ
9. Hunt
10. Ofa
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Marshall
15. Thaiday
16. Sims
17. Blair

18. Arrow
19. Ese ese

Reasons for changes:
Opacic will plug the whole moga is defensively saving at least a try a game and has been in good form from reports (?)
Moga benefits are all a good big wingers attributes but he's a poor defender, push him out there Bennett!
Nikorima is injury related but I'd still take niko over hunt, it appears Milford is more comfortable with him and hunt can lose you a game but not win you one, niko won't win you won but I don't see him losing too many/over stepping his hand like hunt seems to do atm
Hunt at hooker needs the instructions to run & run, BUT if he doesn't pass straight away for good service
The starting front row isn't for the starting for mine, it's more for the rotation of the interchange-we need TPJ there at the end of the game, ofa also needs more minutes otherwise we don't make the metres with sims or Blair
Sims, Blair and Thaiday need to be told- worst performing player of the 3 over the next few weeks gets the axe because what they bring to the team (experience and aggression) is now being out weighed by the bad points about them (lazy, poor metres, dropped ball, silly penalties).
We will miss Macca in attack a little, but it's the defence where it will be more noticeable- we may need to find a spot for arrow if we lose again in the time Macca is out

1. Boyd
2. Kahu
3. Roberts
4. Opacic
5. Moga
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. TPJ
9. Hunt
10. Ofa
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Marshall
15. Thaiday
16. Sims
17. Blair

18. Arrow
19. Ese ese

Reasons for changes:
Opacic will plug the whole moga is defensively saving at least a try a game and has been in good form from reports (?)
Moga benefits are all a good big wingers attributes but he's a poor defender, push him out there Bennett!
Nikorima is injury related but I'd still take niko over hunt, it appears Milford is more comfortable with him and hunt can lose you a game but not win you one, niko won't win you won but I don't see him losing too many/over stepping his hand like hunt seems to do atm
Hunt at hooker needs the instructions to run & run, BUT if he doesn't pass straight away for good service
The starting front row isn't for the starting for mine, it's more for the rotation of the interchange-we need TPJ there at the end of the game, ofa also needs more minutes otherwise we don't make the metres with sims or Blair
Sims, Blair and Thaiday need to be told- worst performing player of the 3 over the next few weeks gets the axe because what they bring to the team (experience and aggression) is now being out weighed by the bad points about them (lazy, poor metres, dropped ball, silly penalties).
We will miss Macca in attack a little, but it's the defence where it will be more noticeable- we may need to find a spot for arrow if we lose again in the time Macca is out

Like the team but suggest a few tweaks. Best not to start Offa and TPJ together so Blair for TPJ. Sims and Thaiday out to QCup give them a kick up the backside. Ese and Sua in and you have a team. Need some young enthusiasm. Don't see the point in 'experience' for experience sake when the 'experienced' player offers nothing but a joke and a food recipe when the other team has scored.

We will win.

Titans since rd 4, have gone onto a LLLLWWWLLLLWWW pattern.

They lost last week, the 1st of 4 L's. (Unless the stupid Tigers break the pattern and lose tomorrow.)

If the pattern continues, the Titans will do us a favour and beat the Eels and Roosters later on in a few weeks too lol.

1. Boyd
2. Kahu
3. Roberts
4. Opacic
5. Moga
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. TPJ
9. Hunt
10. Ofa
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Marshall
15. Thaiday
16. Sims
17. Blair

18. Arrow
19. Ese ese

Reasons for changes:
That's a lot of changes for a side who lost on the road to a team who were a game under them and who are still in the top 4 with a 12-7 record. You must be unfamiliar with Bennett's coaching style.

We will win.

Titans since rd 4, have gone onto a LLLLWWWLLLLWWW pattern.

They lost last week, the 1st of 4 L's. (Unless the stupid Tigers break the pattern and lose tomorrow.)

If the pattern continues, the Titans will do us a favour and beat the Eels and Roosters later on in a few weeks too lol.

Good stats. Time to win some money

That's a lot of changes for a side who lost on the road to a team who were a game under them and who are still in the top 4 with a 12-7 record. You must be unfamiliar with Bennett's coaching style.
I don't like making a lot of changes either and in hindsight I would leave Blair on for ofa.... 1 of them is injury forced and another is a position shift, there is only 1 non-forced player in (opacic for Pearson)

I don't like making a lot of changes either and in hindsight I would leave Blair on for ofa.... 1 of them is injury forced and another is a position shift, there is only 1 non-forced player in (opacic for Pearson)
I'm hoping Opacic gets a call up this year but it isn't likely to happen unless injury occurs.

Heard something from a very well respected judge of footballers who watched him out at Clermont last weekend that makes me think he might if he keeps performing.
Wolfie to do cart wheels :)

Moga wont be headed to the wing if hes moved on.

Opacic is putting on some heavy hits in defence against png today. Could be the tonic we need with moga to the wing.

He put on some big defence in that game, but i dont thing he was that great otherwise. One dropped ball first half, but Didnt see much of the ball, got shunted out to the wing beacuse Beehag was out, which doesnt really suit him. On a side note, those PNG boys are so physical.

Opacic is putting on some heavy hits in defence against png today. Could be the tonic we need with moga to the wing.
Opacic was good in defence. He read png attack very well. One think I notice is his communication with his centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • lynx000
  • Brocko
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • barker
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • Fozz
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.