[Round 23, 2021] Broncos vs Warriors

Not only did we win, we fucking earned it!
Watched the game with my new girlfriend, she's a warriors supporter :)
We made a deal before the game.....
**** she gives great hea...
Best weekend I've had in years!
What if the Broncos lost...?
would you have to have chewed the ph...

My highlight was Cobbo hitting that hole on the right, it was forward but he ran straight and hard and hit it well.

Nice hole running for a guy that hasn't played centre since 2019.
Where do you see Cobbo playing for us next year if Staggs retains right centre?

34:00

Also covered the Farnworth and Hiku no-tries earlier.

Why Cecchin didn't yell play on before blowing the whistle I have no idea.

Finally just watched this. He 100% has got this wrong, there is no doubt in my mind. On the first angle, like everyone says, he has the hands mixed up. Aitken has the strapping, not Coates, replays throughout the footage confirm that. On the last shot (which he claims proves conclusively Aitken scores), not only can you see that it's Coates' hand that is on the ball under the other hand, you can even see as the pressure is applied to Coates' arm that caused the injury.

I honestly can't believe how they have got this wrong, and no one has come out and said something, either from the media or someone within the NRL. There has been so much made of this from the public that the only way the NRL or media are unaware would be if they live in a fucking isolated bubble where they are completely oblivious to the outside world. Otherwise, if they are aware, they are either gutless pricks or... the "confusion" was pre-meditated.

Finally just watched this. He 100% has got this wrong, there is no doubt in my mind. On the first angle, like everyone says, he has the hands mixed up. Aitken has the strapping, not Coates, replays throughout the footage confirm that. On the last shot (which he claims proves conclusively Aitken scores), not only can you see that it's Coates' hand that is on the ball under the other hand, you can even see as the pressure is applied to Coates' arm that caused the injury.

I honestly can't believe how they have got this wrong, and no one has come out and said something, either from the media or someone within the NRL. There has been so much made of this from the public that the only way the NRL or media are unaware would be if they live in a fucking isolated bubble where they are completely oblivious to the outside world. Otherwise, if they are aware, they are either gutless pricks or... the "confusion" was pre-meditated.
The last

Days to look at it, able to consult with numerous colleagues and he still gets it wrong. The fucker can't tell between a black right hand and a left white hand with strapping. No wonder the officiating is so shit.

What is with all the others on the conference just sitting around? They have the opportunity to put this fucker to the sword, and all you hear is crickets.

Only half the people on the call were NRLHQ Journos or NRLHQ Staffers except for Sarah (SMH), Scott (AAP) and whatshisface (Foxtel Exec Producer)

How bad is the game promotion going when Channel 9 doesn't even turn up...

Where do you see Cobbo playing for us next year if Staggs retains right centre?

Not too sure, his fullback work for Wynnum showed plenty of need to improve, I think wing might be it for while just so he can sit back and learn.

His fullback play was limited just to running and making his own space- which doesn't work at fullback in NRL.

I thought Sunday was his best NRL game, made that good run- just didn't time it or get a good pass and centre is hard to defend and he has done a good job the last two weeks just making sure he doesn't get caught standing there or turning in with his feet planted.

Stuff like this just furthers my resolve that at the last negotiations with Fox (that we got no real information about) PVL made a deal with them for a greatly reduced rate in exchange for favourable coverage. Imagine this situation (or anything else that has happened the last 2 years) under Greenburg or any other administrator. They would be going off switching from labelling it incompetence and corruption, Paul Kent would have to be given a sedative.

Not too sure, his fullback work for Wynnum showed plenty of need to improve, I think wing might be it for while just so he can sit back and learn.

His fullback play was limited just to running and making his own space- which doesn't work at fullback in NRL.

I thought Sunday was his best NRL game, made that good run- just didn't time it or get a good pass and centre is hard to defend and he has done a good job the last two weeks just making sure he doesn't get caught standing there or turning in with his feet planted.
I’ve said before that I have nothing but my gut feel to go off, but I get excited thinking that Cobbo will cement our long term fullback position within 2-3 years. I just like the way he moves, breaks tackles, bumps the first bloke off. He just seems to have that ‘something’ about him that you cannot coach. Seems plenty tough too.

But, as it is only my gut feel and nothing else, I thought I’d ask someone who has seen a lot more of him and Niu.

If we dropped Cobbo in at fullback right now, do you think he would do a better job than Niu is? Hypothetical I know, but just interested to hear your thoughts (and anyone else who has seen them both come through).

I’ve said before that I have nothing but my gut feel to go off, but I get excited thinking that Cobbo will cement our long term fullback position within 2-3 years. I just like the way he moves, breaks tackles, bumps the first bloke off. He just seems to have that ‘something’ about him that you cannot coach. Seems plenty tough too.

But, as it is only my gut feel and nothing else, I thought I’d ask someone who has seen a lot more of him and Niu.

If we dropped Cobbo in at fullback right now, do you think he would do a better job than Niu is? Hypothetical I know, but just interested to hear your thoughts (and anyone else who has seen them both come through).
I wouldnt want to do that to him at this stage.

He could have an absolute mare of a game under the highball and lead to the yips ... or NRL coaches may see a fault that he hasn't ironed out yet and exploit it... again impacting him mentally.

Just let him develop out of the spotlight and bring him in when ready.

I think wing is fine for him at NRL level right now... he's doing well at center but there is more pressure with the defensive reads required compared to wing.

In saying that I would prefer him playing fullback/wing at ISC anyway.

I think that the mistake the Broncos have made with Isaako and Tesi is that they think breaking tackles and running a lot in ISC equals a NRL fullback and it just doesn't.

The same danger is there with Cobbo, fullback is so much more than that now and if your only weapon is 10 tackle breaks and 150m that becomes two tackle breaks and 55m in the NRL.

Cobbo at fullback had five games in ISC, three tries, six line breaks, 30 tackle breaks.

0 line break assists and 0 try assists.

You can develop a passing and assisting game but trying to learn that at fullback in the NRL is like trying to learn to drive in a formula one race.

You could probably throw him in now and for three weeks it would be ok, minimal damage could be done.

He's certainly a project, reminds me a bit of Wendell in 1993, that sort of raw something is there and plenty to work with.

Stuff like this just furthers my resolve that at the last negotiations with Fox (that we got no real information about) PVL made a deal with them for a greatly reduced rate in exchange for favourable coverage. Imagine this situation (or anything else that has happened the last 2 years) under Greenburg or any other administrator. They would be going off switching from labelling it incompetence and corruption, Paul Kent would have to be given a sedative.

Yeah same with me. Whenever I see PVL and Abdo together in a photo my Spider Sense just tells me I am looking at two very fucking dodgy individuals.

Yeah same with me. Whenever I see PVL and Abdo together in a photo my Spider Sense just tells me I am looking at two very fucking dodgy individuals.

do you really need your spider sense to tell you that 😛

Imagine Annersley in there as well.

Active Now

• Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.