[Round 23, 2021] Broncos vs Warriors

What about if we lost?
The irony in that question.
We won, yet scored fewer tries.
We were only penalized once. NZ were penalized twice.
We got two 6-agains. NZ got none.
We both got one on report.

Maybe we should be grateful for the win rather than try to concoct a conspiracy against us.

The irony in that question.
We won, yet scored fewer tries.
We were only penalized once. NZ were penalized twice.
We got two 6-agains. NZ got none.
We both got one on report.

Maybe we should be grateful for the win rather than try to concoct a conspiracy against us.

when the biggest Bronx haters in history are saying we got screwed by the bunker ... you can take it to the bank that we got screwed by the bunker

when the biggest Bronx haters in history are saying we got screwed by the bunker ... you can take it to the bank that we got screwed by the bunker
I felt the same way in the heat of the moment, but in retrospect I was influenced by the commentators. But like I said: when it's that close you can hardly feel like you've suffered some massive miscarriage of justice. It's not like we were all over them at the time. And as Kevvie said, we've had the rub go with us as well. Swings and roundabouts.

I really don't think it's helpful to call the officials liars and carry on like menstrual women after every game.

I felt the same way in the heat of the moment, but in retrospect I was influenced by the commentators. But like I said: when it's that close you can hardly feel like you've suffered some massive miscarriage of justice. It's not like we were all over them at the time. And as Kevvie said, we've had the rub go with us as well. Swings and roundabouts.
It was no try mate

Should just suck it up and accept the on field refs decision and if its inconclusive you award the attacking team.
Get rid of the bunker.
Get rid of the captains challenge.
Respect the refs like Rugby Union in the 90's.
Only the captain can talk to the ref, and if you disrespect him you get 10 in the bin.
All players, coaches, teams and fans accept the call of the ref as final and regardless of if he gets it wrong or not, you get behind him and accept that some calls will go your way, some wont.
Take the media opinion out of the equation altogether.

Its gotten to the point where the refs are under such intense scrutiny that they are terrified of missing anything, or getting a call wrong and the outcome is insane over-officiating.

I dont know if any of this would work, but it would be worth a try i reckon.

To be honest, this is a pixelated dog's breakfast. I can't get histrionic over this. Sorry.

View attachment 14795

Season 4 Episode 21 GIF by The Simpsons

Should just suck it up and accept the on field refs decision and if its inconclusive you award the attacking team.
Get rid of the bunker.
Get rid of the captains challenge.
Respect the refs like Rugby Union in the 90's.
Only the captain can talk to the ref, and if you disrespect him you get 10 in the bin.
All players, coaches, teams and fans accept the call of the ref as final and regardless of if he gets it wrong or not, you get behind him and accept that some calls will go your way, some wont.
Take the media opinion out of the equation altogether.

Its gotten to the point where the refs are under such intense scrutiny that they are terrified of missing anything, or getting a call wrong and the outcome is insane over-officiating.

I dont know if any of this would work, but it would be worth a try i reckon.

Why would the ref's be afraid of missing things or making mistakes. their bosses always back them regardless

This might sound a bit crazy but bare with me. Them allowing that try may have won us the game. The try was right in the corner and Walsh missed the kick. If no try we have a goal line drop out and they get a full set against us and our line wasn't holding up great against their offence. Warriors score under the post next set and they get the kick and it goes to golden point. Take the positives when we can.

My problem isnt just this game but in general the refs and the bunker have some garbage calls in them.
When some rando on twitter with a 1k phone can find a still of coates grounding the ball given how much money the nrl spend on the bunker questions need to be asked.

So Annesley says the Herbie decision was correct because the ref clearly called dead ball before Herbie put his hand on it. Completely ignoring the fact the ball WASN’T dead because it was lost in goal and was therefore still live.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • BroncsNBundy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Culhwch
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.