vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe James getting bagged out this game.
I get he hasn't been great this season but that was his best game by far this season. Excellent link man, high work rate in defence, took the hard yards when needed, slow down the ruck in defence. I'm not his biggest fan but ffs what game were other people watching?
They just don't know football. Having a middle who can shift the ball, find the front early and get a quick ptb and tackle is great. He's not elite any more but he did a job tonight in lieu of carrigan which was great!

You don’t change a winning team, but Turpin, James and Riki are three great concerns.

Turpin is typically Turpin, but we need paix
James is solid in the defense, got some ball play and a team talker; but we have a better version in Gamble
If Riki got chosen again, I hope we don’t give him much short ball plz, it’s a guarantee knock on.
I hope No suspense for Flegler

So for me,
1, TMM
2, Oats
3, Staggs
4, Hoster ( actually don’t mind Hoster take the spot for now, just keep warming up for Farnsworth)
5, Cobbo
6, Mam
7, Reynold
8, Flegler
9, Waters
10, Haas
11, Capewell
12, Riki
13, Heringhton

14, Paix
15, Jensen
16, Kenedy
17, Gamble
Gamble is one of our worst defenders.

For some weird reason Riki has become a certain starter even though it's undeserved. He needs a break in Q cup. But no doubt he'll be named on Tuesday as per usual. He's never under any scrutiny.
They won't change an established edge forward and run new combinations at this time of the year. Rikki was woeful tonight but they will be working with him, not dropping him to qcup.

They won't change an established edge forward and run new combinations at this time of the year. Rikki was woeful tonight but they will be working with him, not dropping him to qcup.
I agree, he’s lucky he’s been able to just tread water most the season and saved his worst for so late that it’s tough to replace him.

Hoping that Piakura steps up in the off-season

Gamble is fine in the middle tbh, he struggles with the faster edge runners more defending as a half.
They won't play kobe and Gamble in the same side unless we have another big middle forward like carrigan.

Titans game as well.
Yes so 2 games during origin because they were in camp the week before. I don't think they had an option. I agree though they seem to go better with gamble in the side

Yes so 2 games during origin because they were in camp the week before. I don't think they had an option. I agree though they seem to go better with gamble in the side
we choose to take them out but not them, and they generally play way better against us then the rest of the league because we are like their grand final.

Gamble did a 30 min stint in the middle which is around what Kobe does, but we got 2 tries directly off him in that game and all our points came when he was on the field.

I can't believe James getting bagged out this game.
I get he hasn't been great this season but that was his best game by far this season. Excellent link man, high work rate in defence, took the hard yards when needed, slow down the ruck in defence. I'm not his biggest fan but ffs what game were other people watching?
Maybe his poor discipline? That stood out. He was pretty good otherwise, well, average anyway. He did the job, nothing flashy, what he's paid to do and he met expectations.

Maybe his poor discipline? That stood out. He was pretty good otherwise, well, average anyway. He did the job, nothing flashy, what he's paid to do and he met expectations.

A very typical depth forward game really. It was actually nice to see given how poor he has been most games he’s played this year.

For some weird reason Riki has become a certain starter even though it's undeserved. He needs a break in Q cup. But no doubt he'll be named on Tuesday as per usual. He's never under any scrutiny.
Going from his interview with David Mead before the season started he's a bit like Corey Oates in admitting he wasn't putting in earlier on. Which suggests to me he's someone who needs a bit of a kick in the arse occasionally. His errors last night weren't down to effort though, and his defence has been solid all season. It's more that he's been offering less in attack than we expect from him, and a clear step down from Capewell on the other edge. He's also far less threatening with the ball in hand than TC Robati, who's quite underrated on this board. Though from memory, I think he tends to play the other side.

I don't know the answer here, but I wouldn't object to him being sent back to the Cup to work on his attack, and give TC a couple of games, if his leg has recovered.

Like you say, there's a sense he's never under any scrutiny. Whether that's true or not, there's no harm in establishing there are consequences.

While we're on the subject of dropsies. Mightn't hurt to give Selwyn some catching practice under a sprinkler.

put Gamble on Bench next week, we are going to need him.
Totally agree..and last night so unconvincing…yes you take any win ,particularly at the back end of season but with all 8 capable of beating each other (with Broncs being the exception..) just don’t want to be cannon fodder come finals. If can hold on till PC gets back and Reno’s ribs hold then maybe only maybe..
Oh , well called to all on demanding TM M return..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.