Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Does anyone at all here have any knowledge of if Siebolds hands are tied in regards to Boyd being selected? Most of us just assume even myself that there are other forces in play here/hope. If not I’m genuinely concerned.

There is only speculation and rumours that the board has blocked him being dropped. It would make sense, it was obvious before the season began that we weren't going to anywhere near winning a premiership, but dropping your captain makes for a PR headache and lots of pressure on the team.

Little surprise some people on here use this loss to bash the coach. If you can't see the improvement in this team your only seeing what you want to see. To come back and almost win a game like that was not even possible two months ago. Do I agree with everything the coach is doing maybe not. But do I know the exact framework of how everything works no and I am not going to pretend I do. Not everything is just as easy as we think it is at home on our couches.

We have a hell of a lot of work to do there is absolutely no denying it. The number one issue is the spine and there is no way in hell Seibs doesn't know it. Hopefully we can make the finals and go as far as we can. In the off season I predict a lot of work will go into this team and we will see some major improvements. This years off season was a complete shitshow and to dismiss it as a factor on a young team is just playing the fool. I still feel the fruit will ripen around 2021-22.

Roberts and Sua are fucking grubs and both deserve to be sitting out 3-5 wks for their disgusting displays of foul play. I won't hold my fucking breath but with how things are going with the NRL, they will likely end up paying a fine and playing on.

We got two penalties tonight not counting the two forced hands from the above dog shots to their 5. Souths were offside most of the night and Cook is a borderline quarter back with the amount of forward passes he is allowed to throw.

Finally can somebody please tell me if on live tv Roberts knocked it on or not, as
at the stadium it really looked like Roberts knocked that ball on before his break. ]]

Little surprise some people on here use this loss to bash the coach. If you can't see the improvement in this team your only seeing what you want to see. To come back and almost win a game like that was not even possible two months ago. Do I agree with everything the coach is doing maybe not. But do I know the exact framework of how everything works no and I am not going to pretend I do. Not everything is just as easy as we think it is at home on our couches.

We have a hell of a lot of work to do there is absolutely no denying it. The number one issue is the spine and there is no way in hell Seibs doesn't know it. Hopefully we can make the finals and go as far as we can. In the off season I predict a lot of work will go into this team and we will see some major improvements. This years off season was a complete shitshow and to dismiss it as a factor on a young team is just playing the fool. I still feel the fruit will ripen around 2021-22.

Roberts and Sua are fucking grubs and both deserve to be sitting out 3-5 wks for their disgusting displays of foul play. I won't hold my fucking breath but with how things are going with the NRL, they will likely end up paying a fine and playing on.

We got two penalties tonight not counting the two forced hands from the above dog shots to their 5. Souths were offside most of the night and Cook is a borderline quarter back with the amount of forward passes he is allowed to throw.

Finally can somebody please tell me if on live tv Roberts knocked it on or not, as
at the stadium it really looked like Roberts knocked that ball on before his break. ]]

Honestly, you can't really call it a knock-on watching the replays on live TV. He might have touched it, but you can't say it with certainty.

If Boyd is named in round 1 2020 I quit.

You say it in jest but I'm just about ready to follow through with this threat. It has become beyond a joke. It is embarrassing for the club and it sullies our image in the comp when our captain is such limp dicked noodle on huge money who bombs tries in every way imaginable in one fucking game.

I'm just done. He must go in the off season. The PR department is coaching the team at the moment and I won't have it. Seibold was their fucking choice, now own it.

inally can somebody please tell me if on live tv Roberts knocked it on or not, as

watching the replay, it was not a knock on ... but Roberts clear as day ran Glenn off the ball ... so we should have received the penalty

100% agree on Milford. He's a quality player but I'd be offering him 500k or he can find another club. He's really not worth elite money.

Yep, I'm inclined to agree at this point. I love him as a bloke and as a player when he is on, but the fact of the matter is at this point he is rarely "on" and when it comes to elite level money, he's run out of time. He hasn't turned out to be the player that 2015/16 promised, just as Hunt hasn't, so it's about time he owned that.
[automerge]1566570676[/automerge]
NRL on Nine straight trolling here

View attachment 6044

I don't know if wayne instructed his players to grub it up as much as they did to throw us off (that sounds more like a Demetridouche move to me) but if he did well, he lost a lot of respect from me today.

Last edited:
Right here. Milford is a fullback, not a half. Milf has never been a half.

The delusional fans are those who believe that Milford was a half for the past 4 years, and then expect that after 4 years in the halves, that he would, in only a few weeks, be back to career best form, which happened to be when he wore a 1.

He needs to stay there for the rest of the year, and next year. If in round 12 next year he's still struggling, which he really isn't that much, then maybe we should consider it.

I think it would be more interesting to see who gave Boyd chance after chance, excuse after excuse, but are also now calling for Milf to go.

I disagree with a few things.

Firstly, I would argue that his 2016 season at Five-Eighth was his career best season, not his 2014 season at Fullback with the Raiders. Most notably he actually ran for more metres per game whilst playing Five-Eighth, if that doesn't indicate that he's more comfortable in that position, I don't really know what does.

2014 (Fullback) - 12 tries, 17 line-breaks, 5 forced drop-outs, 14 try assists, 16 line-break assists, 107m per game, 90 tackle busts, 33% win rate

2016 (Five-Eighth) - 14 tries, 13 line-breaks, 11 forced drop-outs, 16 try assists, 21 line-break assists, 117m per game, 89 tackle busts, 62% win rate

On to the second point, you're correct that he shouldn't be expected to be at his absolute best at Fullback after a mid-season shift, and you're also correct that he would undoubtedly be more comfortable there with a full off-season of training in the position.

Do you know another way we could see an improved Milford next season? Give him a full off-season at Five-Eighth forming combinations with unarguably the closest thing he's ever had to a genuine Halfback (Dearden) & the closest thing he's ever had to an attacking option out of Hooker (Turpin).

It's no coincidence that he was at his brilliant best in 2015 & 2016 when we had McCullough, Hunt & Boyd playing their best, and it's no coincidence that he's turned to shit once Hunt left & McCullough / Boyd became complete liabilities.

To say we should give Milford the whole off-season and first half of next season at Fullback is just irresponsible, he's entering the prime of his career as a playmaker, we can't waste 12 months on some left field experiment to try and wind back the clock.

It's generally around this age that players start losing their explosive speed and transition from Fullback to Five-Eighth, not the other way around, Lockyer moved from Fullback to Five-Eighth at age 26, Milford will be turning 26 next year.

We keep trying to fix Milford, the problem is that he's not broken, it's the spine around him..

Tell ya what but......Cooks tackle on Oates was a cracker. Thats what rugby league is about right there!

It was, and that is why it just felt like no matter what we did we were doomed to lose. I mean Cook is a fucking pipsqueak and Oates is a giant lanky winger. Do the math, right? Yeah....

Does anyone at all here have any knowledge of if Siebolds hands are tied in regards to Boyd being selected? Most of us just assume even myself that there are other forces in play here/hope. If not I’m genuinely concerned.
If a CEO or sponsor or any other person overuled a coach then his position becomes untenable.

If a CEO or sponsor or any other person overuled a coach then his position becomes untenable.

I doubt they have ... but dropping a popular captain in the coaches very first season at the club is asking for trouble, and a very good way to lose the dressing room.

It's a delicate situation, and one that i'm sure Seibs has in hand. quite possibly a tap on the shoulder to Boyd, allowing him to move into an off field role at the club (rumoured to be something to do with mental health)

worst case scenario, i see him moving to centers

David Fifita - if we dont resign this kid, Im going to stop watching the Broncos play till Macca and/or Boyd disappear. Him and Haas are still giving me hope that we are still a force to be reckoned with even with the handicaps at 6 & 9.
Lodge & his pack - coming along nicely, with controlled aggression rag dolled the bunnies a bit. Would destroy everyone if they had Cook spearheading them. TPJ was sorely missed.

Dislikes
Continous up and under nothing kicks from our halves (Milf/SOS/Turpin - coaching ploy I guess)
5th tackle settler by a forward, grinds my gears every fucking time (again, maybe coaching ploy?)
Dumb footy from our experienced older heads when Souths were down to 12 men, TWICE.
Coaches words during presser, "our attack was fine, we scored 20 points and that would win you most games in NRL. Im pretty pleased with the effort we wouldn't have come close to Souths about 8 games ago." Defeatist outlook in my opinion, since they were in a bit of slump and were ripe for the picking with the Burgii trio out in front of our faithful fans.

4 Bennett/Demetriou
0 Seibold

Do you know what hasnt been mentioned about roberts dogshot on oates? 4 officials onfield and a multi-million dollar bunker did not see the incident. Cummins didnt indicate it when checking with the video ref, they stopped it as soon as he lost it in the replay and they were on their way back to the 20 restart.

It was only when the channel 9 broadcast requested the replay to continue that they saw it, and then acted.

That a broadcast commentry team has better game awareness is a disgrace. Again, another officiating lowlight in 2019.

I think Adam Reynolds sitting down and feigning injury to give his side a rest, reset their d and destroy our momentum is one of the worst things I've seen in Rugby league. If that goes un-addressed it might completely destroy the game. The same way soccer was destroyed to a point where they now have theatre training to work on their fake falls and rolling around like idiots. SHAME ON REYNOLDS, SHAME ON SOUTHS AND SHAME ON BENNETT FOR NOT PUBLICLY SHAMING SUCH TACTICS. He likes to blame storm for ruining the game. Yeah they did but this is way worse. And his two little ex-bronco grubs. Disgusting!

Should we make the finals, it looks to me like souffs will be 5th and we’ll be 8th.

Despite having no recognised spine we were still a few minutes and a try short of producing a 'final six minutes game breaker'.

In all honesty I think it would have worked if Soufs were penalised for slowing down the play. The refs simply copped it.

I think Adam Reynolds sitting down and feigning injury to give his side a rest, reset their d and destroy our momentum is one of the worst things I've seen in Rugby league. If that goes un-addressed it might completely destroy the game. The same way soccer was destroyed to a point where they now have theatre training to work on their fake falls and rolling around like idiots. SHAME ON REYNOLDS, SHAME ON SOUTHS AND SHAME ON BENNETT FOR NOT PUBLICLY SHAMING SUCH TACTICS. He likes to blame storm for ruining the game. Yeah they did but this is way worse. And his two little ex-bronco grubs. Disgusting!

Apparently it’s gamemanship, and he get a pat on the back for getting away with it...... this will happen regularly now . Ref should play the duty of care card back and send him off for HIA , cause if someone stays down that long there must be something wrong with them and it would be in there duty of care not to let them continue without a proper medical assessment

This is the biggest thing to come out of the game... upset we lost but and could easily vent about many things but this is way bigger. It this is allowed to creep into the game it will make the game unwatchable.....

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brotherdu
  • Midean
  • Strop
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosMan
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncorob
  • Bronx48
  • Santa
  • Volvo Driver
  • RolledOates
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.