vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my line of thought too, but it can go one of two ways (surprise, surprise).

Your troops will be confident and looking to see where they stand a few weeks out from the finals... Or, they take their foot of the gas and come in expecting an easy win.

A little stat falling into our favour is that the Sharks haven't lost 2 weeks in a row. Hopefully we can continue that trend and get back to winning.

A big loss for the Sharks, even though he is just a rookie, was losing Brailey to a broken jaw. For such a young fella he was very composed from dummy half, gave good service, and didn't overplay his hand... although his goal like defence was getting exposed in the weeks leading up to his injury

The thing with the Broncos is that when it comes to the top teams they keep playing into their hands and play the way the opposition wants them to play which is why we can never beat the Storm.

Sharks will try to grind us down and wrestle us into submission. This is why the Broncos won't win.

They aren't ready to dominate the top teams yet, they just don't have the hunger and determination for it.

Reactions: Dee
Where as we usually aim up against the top sides, or at least frustrate them into playing badly... so hopefully you're right.

besides being in the top 4, I don't think the Sharks have played a good game all year. I was hoping we would click but the longer the season goes on the more I lose hope that it will.

This match will show where we are at. We've got the squad. We've now got the confidence. Should be a great game. Getting a win over the Sharks would be great for our belief going into the finals, and for making up some ladder position.

We are 3rd and unlikely to catch Melbourne no matter how we play... There ain't that much ladder to 'catch up'...

Where as we usually aim up against the top sides, or at least frustrate them into playing badly... so hopefully you're right.

besides being in the top 4, I don't think the Sharks have played a good game all year. I was hoping we would click but the longer the season goes on the more I lose hope that it will.

You've just been super freaked

We are 3rd and unlikely to catch Melbourne no matter how we play... There ain't that much ladder to 'catch up'...
then you wanna do your best to sit where you are. Top 4 is where it's at, but I wouldn't wanna face Melb first week of the finals... that and the last 3 years the premiers have finished 3rd

That's my line of thought too, but it can go one of two ways (surprise, surprise).

Your troops will be confident and looking to see where they stand a few weeks out from the finals... Or, they take their foot of the gas and come in expecting an easy win.

A little stat falling into our favour is that the Sharks haven't lost 2 weeks in a row. Hopefully we can continue that trend and get back to winning.

A big loss for the Sharks, even though he is just a rookie, was losing Brailey to a broken jaw. For such a young fella he was very composed from dummy half, gave good service, and didn't overplay his hand... although his goal like defence was getting exposed in the weeks leading up to his injury

Agreed. Brailey is a potential gun. Any idea of his background?

If Brisbane turn up I reckon they'll win. If they take the foot off the gas they'll struggle.

Brisbane's timing wasn't quite right last week (Boyd forward pass to Oates which got called back).

But something seems lacking in the Sharks this year....they are giving up a lot of soft tries.

If Brisbane turn up I reckon they'll win. If they take the foot off the gas they'll struggle.

Brisbane's timing wasn't quite right last week (Boyd forward pass to Oates which got called back).

But something seems lacking in the Sharks this year....they are giving up a lot of soft tries.

Their timing was off because of 1 pass ??

I'm sure you will walk away with a big smile on your face.

The Broncos aren't going to win this game. We just can't beat any of the top 4 teams at the moment, especially teams with a strong defence. With Maloney due back that will make it even harder for us.

Complacency after a big win is a real issue for us.
I also won't be tuning into the game this week. Guaranteed a victory now.

Plan is simple this week. Do what Canberra did, go straight up the middle through Segeyaro. He isn't half the player he once was. He cant handle the bulk tackling like he used to. He looks unfit to me.

NYC player of the year last year. Had a ridiculous amount of try assists, but by all reports his brother Blayke is the real talent in the family. The kid captained the schoolboys a year younger than everyone, and backed it up the next year too.

People say the sign of a good half is a half that looks like he has plenty of time, but I think the same can be said about hooker. Whenever Brailey gets into dummy half he is constantly looking at what the defence is doing and weighing options up... not just getting in there and passing to whoever is calling it

Plan is simple this week. Do what Canberra did, go straight up the middle through Segeyaro. He isn't half the player he once was. He cant handle the bulk tackling like he used to. He looks unfit to me.
That's because he's played 5 games max all year. Think his game against Canberra was his second back after a broken arm, and he joined the sharks way after pre-season... seggy probably won us the game against Melb off the back of his boot... but has just had limited time on the field

Good outcome for us. Personally I thought minimum of 5 weeks and maybe 7-8. The tackle wasn't a good one to say the least.

+1. Worst I have seen in a while, and while I don't think JoO meant to actually drive him in to the ground deliberately, it came out that way so it was incredibly dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.