Round 23 Discussion

Oh well, as long as they are consistent from now on I can deal with it. Besides, at this point in the season we probably shouldn't be too concerned if Newcastle get shafted.

In the end, Cronk was lucky. The example was at best borderline and even he admitted that he was prepared to go to the bin for that. To treat it like any other interference is silly, if we continue to let decisions like that go, then the game may as well become Girdiron.

yeah, after you watch Slater catch the kick a try seems unlikely but at the moment the kick went up I honestly thought there was a significant chance of a try occurring and I think Cronk did too. That fits pretty neatly with the definition of a professional foul as I've always known it.
i dont think you could say with a straight face that there was a significant chance of a try occurring. a mid field kick, coming down 10m out from the try line, arguably the best fullback of all time there to catch it, one chaser coming through to not only attempt to catch it but to then also get another 10m to the try line. there was no more chance of a try than there is for any other mid field bomb, maybe even less.

I don't think this has that much to do with Melbourne hate. It is something that a significant number of people I've heard thought should be a sin-binning. I'm sure a few of them are driven by an pathological hatred for the Storm but I think that would be a minority
take it from someone whos been here a lot longer than you - there are a lot of people on here with a pathological hatred for the storm lol. we're talking "storm give 100k to a charity for sick orphans, theyd spin it to say its hush money for cameron smith killing all their parents to make them orphans" levels of hatred.

take it from someone whos been here a lot longer than you - there are a lot of people on here with a pathological hatred for the storm lol. we're talking "storm give 100k to a charity for sick orphans, theyd spin it to say its hush money for cameron smith killing all their parents to make them orphans" levels of hatred.

Careful, He's only allegedly orphaned children at this point.

i dont think you could say with a straight face that there was a significant chance of a try occurring. a mid field kick, coming down 10m out from the try line, arguably the best fullback of all time there to catch it, one chaser coming through to not only attempt to catch it but to then also get another 10m to the try line. there was no more chance of a try than there is for any other mid field bomb, maybe even less.

This coming from a Storm fanboy is not suspect at all... :loool:

I think you can say there was a decent chance of a try being scored. You make the whole play sound a lot more complicated than it actually was. It was a chip over the top and whether a try is scored or not really just depended on whether a Newcastle player could arrive in time to contest and win the ball.

The fact that the bomb was coming down 10m from the try line is a very minor issue. If Boyd won the contest then the try would almost certainly be on because Slater would be going the wrong direction/knocked down and there would be no Storm defenders near (hence why Cronk tried to pull down Boyd in the first place).

it would have been Slater vs. Boyd with two Newcastle players in support and the Storm defenders rushing in the wrong direction. It wasn't going to be a clear try but if Boyd has the opportunity to contest the kick then it was a pretty dangerous play.

What a load of garbage. Same shit, different day. You bait people with rot like this and they are the ones that get warnings etc. for biting

Yes I'm aware I talk the bait, surprise surprise

What a load of garbage. Same shit, different day. You bait people with rot like this and they are the ones that get warnings etc. for biting

Yes I'm aware I talk the bait, surprise surprise
Then don't take the bait. And if you do, make sure you reply in a way that won't get you in trouble!
That temper of yours will be the end of you... :001_tt2:

I think you can say there was a decent chance of a try being scored.
it would have been Slater vs. Boyd with two Newcastle players in support and the Storm defenders rushing in the wrong direction. It wasn't going to be a clear try but if Boyd has the opportunity to contest the kick then it was a pretty dangerous play.
decent? no more than any other kick. the fact that it was so far out, not on the try line or in the goals, make it less of a chance. speculate about how boyd wouldve taken it and where defenders would be running all you want, but the fact is it was 10m out from the try line. for it to be a professional foul it has to be a very real chance of a try was stopped because of the foul. You can't say there was a very real chance just because cronk thought he should take him out.

"pretty dangerous" isnt enough to sin bin someone for.

Active Now

• Volvo Driver
  • Midean
  • Allo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bronx48
  • Organix
  • westy316
  • winslow_wong
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • BroncosMan
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.