Round 23 Discussion

Bulldogs weren't playing anywhere near like they are now when we played them, though.

If we drop our next two games, they will be a problem.
And yet
Yet it's only us and the roosters that have beaten them since rd 15... and I would say we handled them pretty easily.

Not saying it will be an easy game, because it won't, but our previous game against them handled them easily and yet it was largely shrugged off, because it was "only the dogs"
Just reiterating that it seems everyone forgets we actually beat the dogs and they were looking for 3 in a row at the time... so not exactly too far from how they're playing

I'm sure if you read the pre game thread for that game it will be full of "danger game", but we won... and won reasonably easy at the time.

Whilst watching the game I thought we need to withstand their early play and knock them out of the game ie. give them nothing to play for... and as the game rolled on you could see the dogs spirit was broken and we went on with it.

Again I'm not saying it will be an easy game, because it won't, just indicating that the team isn't being given a whole lot of credit at the moment.

Our forward pack is rolling and teams are struggling to handle it... if we get an even share from the refs we cause trouble for the opposition

Wow! what a turn around by Dogs in the past few weeks. Dogs have definitely done us a favor in killing the confidence in Eels added to that, Brown will be out against us adding to few bruised players.

Well, the stage is set for us boys. beat the Souffs and then we have a great chance of winning the remaining 2 games of regular season. Bend them, dent them & **** them Souffs Friday night.

Mahoney is a big chance of missing next week as well. Had his ribs needled tonight and came back out but I'd be surprised if they dont rest him.

That was a monster of a game. I haven’t watched too many non-Broncos games recently but glad I watched that one, it was immense.

BUT, refs have to fucking manipulate everything. That was a bad call with the Dogs getting penalised for taking an Eel over the sideline. Momentum was never halted, and the refs called Held at a point where there is no way they could have stopped and kept him in play. A deliberate attempt to give the Eels a leg-up and artificially keep the game close.

Also, I’d love to see the stats over the last 5 years on how often a team gets a player binned when the other team already has one there. I get that often after a binning, teams are on edge and tempers can flare, but it normally takes a tiny indiscretion and the refs will send someone to even it out as 12 on 12.

That was a monster of a game. I haven’t watched too many non-Broncos games recently but glad I watched that one, it was immense.

BUT, refs have to fucking manipulate everything. That was a bad call with the Dogs getting penalised for taking an Eel over the sideline. Momentum was never halted, and the refs called Held at a point where there is no way they could have stopped and kept him in play. A deliberate attempt to give the Eels a leg-up and artificially keep the game close.

Also, I’d love to see the stats over the last 5 years on how often a team gets a player binned when the other team already has one there. I get that often after a binning, teams are on edge and tempers can flare, but it normally takes a tiny indiscretion and the refs will send someone to even it out as 12 on 12.
Eels got pinged for one of those as well. The ref desperately calls out held when he knows damn well the momentum is with the defenders taking the player over the sideline and it's near impossible to not give away a penalty.

They should just call time-off, bring the ball back to where the refs called held and play the ball rather than give a penalty. It's a bit silly that the attacking player can pass the ball after being called held with no penalty, but if the defence doesn't have time to react to the call, it is a penalty against them.

They should just call time-off, bring the ball back to where the refs called held and play the ball rather than give a penalty. It's a bit silly that the attacking player can pass the ball after being called held with no penalty, but if the defence doesn't have time to react to the call, it is a penalty against them.
On this. Last night a parra player attempted an offload just as the ref called held and in the process he knocked on. If the refs followed the same logic as the offenders dragging the player over the field the Parra player would have been pinged for playing on after being called held and awarded a knock on against him. Instead they allowed him to regather and play on. There is no consistancy.

Also Gutherson played at the ball on one of the tries which should have been ruled as a penalty try regardless if the try is scored or not. Instead the conversion was ordered to be taken from way out on the wing. How then was Gutherson penalised for an illegal play?

Finally, I'm sick to death with the southern media calling Gutherson 'King' Gutherson. It's a bit of an affront to the real King. I mean what has he done to warrant commentators calling him this? I'm sure Wally does not mind, but the casual way they are using this label on Gutherson does diminish King Wally's title somewhat. It needs to stop.

On this. Last night a parra player attempted an offload just as the ref called held and in the process he knocked on. If the refs followed the same logic as the offenders dragging the player over the field the Parra player would have been pinged for playing on after being called held and awarded a knock on against him. Instead they allowed him to regather and play on. There is no consistancy.

Also Gutherson played at the ball on one of the tries which should have been ruled as a penalty try regardless if the try is scored or not. Instead the conversion was ordered to be taken from way out on the wing. How then was Gutherson penalised for an illegal play?

Finally, I'm sick to death with the southern media calling Gutherson 'King' Gutherson. It's a bit of an affront to the real King. I mean what has he done to warrant commentators calling him this? I'm sure Wally does not mind, but the casual way they are using this label on Gutherson does diminish King Wally's title somewhat. It needs to stop.

Why do they even call him King Gutherson anyway? Like what does that even mean? Was there some famous King called Gutherson in history somewhere?

Why do they even call him King Gutherson anyway? Like what does that even mean? Was there some famous King called Gutherson in history somewhere?

I think it's just one of those things that was said randomly and just stuck. I can't remember when it was, last year or the year before, he was their best player for a while and it probably stuck from there, even if he hasn't been as effective recently.

Gutherson is massively overrated. The King moniker is fucking ludicrous

It’s only a potential 8 point try if the foul play happens after the try was scored.

For the Dogs first try, the foul play happened during the act of scoring, and because the try was still scored, no penalty. On the second one, the try was not scored due to the foul play, so “penalty try”, kick from in front.

Morgan is atrociously bad these days. I dare say Boyd is even playing better than him in the halves...

Morgan is atrociously bad these days. I dare say Boyd is even playing better than him in the halves...

He started off ok tonight, but his kicking game is atrocious

Lol @ Maloney. The old dear can't piss off to the SL fast enough.

Unread

Active Now

• Justwin
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Dazza 92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bongo
  • Porthoz
  • Lozza
  • Fitzy
  • ostin86
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.