Round 23 Discussion

Watching the highlights of the Raiders vs Manly match.

Why do teams opt to take the conversion in that situation? They weren't going to have enough time to get a field goal off. I can understand if there was time on the clock to get in range, but there wasn't. Their best bet was a try and not taking the two would have given them more time.

Warren Smith stating Crichton has "the exact same ability" as Tommy Turbo if he gets given the same possession and gets more involved.

Turn. It. Up.

He's a weapon and a hell of an athlete, but ability wise I haven't seen enough to compare him with arguably the best fullback in the comp at the moment.

Warren Smith stating Crichton has "the exact same ability" as Tommy Turbo if he gets given the same possession and gets more involved.

Turn. It. Up.

He's a weapon and a hell of an athlete, but ability wise I haven't seen enough to compare him with arguably the best fullback in the comp at the moment.
That's just lazy and a shame too because Warren is usually one of the better callers. He's improved a lot over the years and usually just sticks to giving an informed call.

That's the type of call I'd expect in a 40-6 type of game where the commentators just have to find something to talk about with 20 to go.

Watching the highlights of the Raiders vs Manly match.

Why do teams opt to take the conversion in that situation? They weren't going to have enough time to get a field goal off. I can understand if there was time on the clock to get in range, but there wasn't. Their best bet was a try and not taking the two would have given them more time.
It wouldn't be my play, but it just gives you more options of pulling out a win than having to score the try and you only lose one play.

What the **** is going on with Fifita's fitness?

He wasn't that big when he was playing at the Broncos. He looks like he's packing on the kilo's and he is grimacing every time he goes into a tackle..

Mentally, he looks shot.

And someone tell me how Peachey’s try was not a double movement.

Just watched the Panthers v Bunnies replay.

Souths imploded after sustained pressure from Clearys kicking game and Atkins dubious refereeing.

Atkins is quickly becoming my least favourite ref. Klein still holding on atm

The panthers are team of blokes that need one put on there chins. Massively arrogant.

Lattrell is a flat track bully. Went missing when it got hard

Yeah Souths would be justified in feeling slighted after lastnight, a couple of flukey shit tries against the run of play and Atkins pretty clearly riding the Panthers was just too much for them.

I still stand by my call that Storm/Panthers are the teams to beat with Souths a way behind - Panthers are still missing a lot from their team (Fisher-Harris and To'o are huge for them) and they're just so high on confidence they find a way to win.

Melbourne might be stumbling a little but I have no doubt they'll turn it on when they need to. Still can't see anyone beating them when it counts.

With regards to the downtown rule,
Are you downtown if you are in front of the kicker or in front of the play the ball.
If it’s in front of the kicker, there are players down town in every kick chase. I thought it was in front of the play the ball.

Are you downtown if you are in front of the kicker or in front of the play the ball.
If it’s in front of the kicker, there are players down town in every kick chase. I thought it was in front of the play the ball.
Unless they've changed it, it's in front of the play the ball.

Nice moment from Mulitalo there, thats quality stuff.
Could have got a hat-trick, gave it to Metcalf to get his first NRL try instead.

Unless they've changed it, it's in front of the play the ball.
So a new rule for the panthers then, because they were in front of the kicker not in front of the play the ball 🤔

So a new rule for the panthers then, because they were in front of the kicker not in front of the play the ball 🤔
You're judged to be down-town if you're in front of the kicker past the point of the original play the ball.

So Nicholls may have been 'in-play' but he advanced past the play the ball as Reynolds was kicking it making him 'down-town'.

You're downtown when you're in front of the kicker and advance beyond the point of the play the ball before the ball has gone past you.

You're judged to be down-town if you're in front of the kicker past the point of the original play the ball.

So Nicholls may have been 'in-play' but he advanced past the play the ball as Reynolds was kicking it making him 'down-town'.
Ahhh that makes sense then.

nice of the bunker to give the refs the heads up.

Wow the Tigers suck.

We could actually overtake them if we win all of our remaining games and Tigers don't win again.

Tigers next two games are against Panthers and Bulldogs. Panthers they will definitely lose. Bulldogs, I could really see them losing that as well.

just about time to settle in and watch a trash newcastle team get carried by the refs to a win over the wooden spooners... #SuperSaturdayIndeed

Wow the Tigers suck.

We could actually overtake them if we win all of our remaining games and Tigers don't win again.

Tigers next two games are against Panthers and Bulldogs. Panthers they will definitely lose. Bulldogs, I could really see them losing that as well.

We should be finishing ahead of them because we should have beat them a couple weeks ago. That game was a real disappointment tbh.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Rah88
  • mieko
  • jarro65
  • Redux
  • Big Del
  • Horseheadsup
  • Skathen
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • jd87
  • FACTHUNT
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • Shane Tronc
... and 60 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.