Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

So our entire season is down to the last game of round 25, requiring the Tigers to beat the Raiders. Or we have to beat the Dragons by 44 points more than the Raiders beat the Tigers.

Fun fact: the only team the Tigers have managed to beat in the last 14 rounds since their win in round 11 against the Bulldogs (whose coach is now gone) is the Broncos. They smashed us 32 to 18. The side they beat included Adam Reynolds, Patty Carrigan and Cory Paix.

Fair enough. I’m not very emotionally invested tbf. I know others on here get fairly upset by how things are going. I just find it interesting to analyse and at the moment there seems to be quite a few areas that aren’t being performed very well
most definitely, the last month has been interesting to say the least .
But it was coming, i believe that origin period busted us considering the players we lost not just to origin but injuries.
It's a shame because we've definitely moved in the right direction , and am hoping that we see a few more changes in the off season players and staff.

Billy Slater:

"Where they were last year ... I think it is an improvement. We can certainly see some growth in the Broncos. But we were talking about the Broncos as a top-four team about a month ago and they're outside the eight and don't look like playing finals, so you'd have to see it as a failure."​
"I don't think Kevin will be looking at outcomes right now. He's got a job to do, he's got a week to prepare his side to play their best football against the Dragons. If they can get back to their best they can beat the Dragons, but they are far from that at the moment. They'll be looking at getting back to playing their best football, and then hope for the best."​

So our entire season is down to the last game of round 25, requiring the Tigers to beat the Raiders. Or we have to beat the Dragons by 44 points more than the Raiders beat the Tigers.

Fun fact: the only team the Tigers have managed to beat in the last 14 rounds since their win in round 11 against the Bulldogs (whose coach is now gone) is the Broncos. They smashed us 32 to 18. The side they beat included Adam Reynolds, Patty Carrigan and Cory Paix.
In reality, they beat the Cowboys everywhere bar the scoreboard and were dudded by some of the worst reffing I have ever seen. They also should of beaten St George on the weekend but got dudded again.

Their form is not as bad as it looks. Their last game at home for the year in a shit year, Tamou's last game and wanting to see their skip go out a winner, plus motivation to shaft the Raiders. It is unlikely that they will win but you just never know.

Our first priority is to beat the merge. Our second priority is to beat them by as much as possible.

In reality, they beat the Cowboys everywhere bar the scoreboard and were dudded by some of the worst reffing I have ever seen. They also should of beaten St George on the weekend but got dudded again.

Their form is not as bad as it looks. Their last game at home for the year in a shit year, Tamou's last game and wanting to see their skip go out a winner, plus motivation to shaft the Raiders. It is unlikely that they will win but you just never know.

Our first priority is to beat the merge. Our second priority is to beat them by as much as possible.

You think the NRL is going to risk the Broncos making the finals? Our implosion has been wonderful for them.

You think the NRL is going to risk the Broncos making the finals? Our implosion has been wonderful for them.
Mate I don't buy into some great NRL conspiracy to shaft us, sorry. We are where we are because of our own ineptitude, nothing more, nothing less.

Taking our tinfoil hats off for a while, don't you think there would be a benefit for the NRL and the broadcasters to have the Broncos in it for as long as possible in terms of the ratings and market share in SE Qld?

Mate I don't buy into some great NRL conspiracy to shaft us, sorry. We are where we are because of our own ineptitude, nothing more, nothing less.

Taking our tinfoil hats off for a while, don't you think there would be a benefit for the NRL and the broadcasters to have the Broncos in it for as long as possible in terms of the ratings and market share in SE Qld?

Why do you think the Storm magically improved at the same moment we went to shit? The NRL has done enough to ensure a team from nowhere relevant to Rugby League has a massive supporter base in SEQ. Let's not forget they need as many fans to jump on board the The team.

It’s the NRL, anything could happen. The refs could implode and send off 2 players for no reason again and if that happens to Canberra Tigers could run away with it.

The biggest concern is us even showing up against the dragons

Patty on Kevvie's epic spray

“It was fair and honest,’’ Carrigan said.

“It was warranted. Not only as players but as fans we are a little bit disappointed in the club’s performances over the last couple of weeks. He is a passionate guy. We all want to get there and we are following him every day.’’

Patty on Renouf and Tallis comments

“Stevie and Gordie have been good around the place and want nothing but for us to be a successful group.

“Rugby league is a bit of a me versus you kind of game. If you want to run harder than I want to tackle you then the proof is in the pudding. That has been where we have been the last couple of weeks. Kevvie kind of addressed the attitude around that.’’

Patty on the reason for the late-season collapse

“A lack of self-belief.

“We have not started games that well recently. When you give teams a chance to run through you defensively it kind of cascades. Our quality of training — we haven’t been quite as happy with.

“I think we have probably had a soft underbelly the last couple of weeks, but in saying that the group is really motivated to get better. Our performances have not been up to standard, embarrassing to be honest. The last two weeks have not been good enough.

“I am confident we can get the job done against the Dragons, and while we might have to rely on some results we can give ourselves a chance.

“I don’t think it is a failed season, but it is not where I want to be. Some honestly about this journey on which we are going is probably a bit humbling, to be honest, but it’s a reality check to where we are at.

“We have lapses in key areas. Probably attitude is the main thing we need to address. There are Dragons boys I have been mates with who would like nothing more than rub us out this weekend.’’

Why do you think the Storm magically improved at the same moment we went to shit? The NRL has done enough to ensure a team from nowhere relevant to Rugby League has a massive supporter base in SEQ. Let's not forget they need as many fans to jump on board the The team.
I think it had sweet **** all to do with the NRL and actually involved really good management by Melbourne with a good dose of salary cap cheating thrown in, constant correct identification of, and retention of talent, the first prime example being the coach and a club that actually does succession planning and does it well.

On the flip side, our slide began with Bruno Cullen, who fucked around and cost us Bellamy. Fell out with Bennett such that he no longer trusted management and wanted out. Then a series of completely baffling recruiting and retention decisions - just one example - Petero/Joel fucking Clinton. Did I mention the complete and utter **** up the club has made regarding succession planning, since about 1999, add that to the list.

It’s the NRL, anything could happen. The refs could implode and send off 2 players for no reason again and if that happens to Canberra Tigers could run away with it.

The biggest concern is us even showing up against the dragons
I agree mate. It would in fact be peak broncos to lost the game to St George and then sit back and watch the raiders lose on Sunday but still get in ahead of us.

This victim mentality/conspiracy stuff is off the mark, tired of hearing it. Where was it 5 weeks ago when we were top 4? It's their own fault they missed the finals once again, no one elses.

This victim mentality/conspiracy stuff is off the mark, tired of hearing it. Where was it 5 weeks ago when we were top 4? It's their own fault they missed the finals once again, no one elses.
No point talking sense. The tin foil hat brigade will say you’ve been brainwashed🤣🤣

Didn’t include Gamble though.

Because Melbourne started scouting the players where Brisbane were getting them from.
They would send players to Brisbane high schools like Wavell, their under 20s coach back in the day was a coach at Wavell and that was the school kids on the Northside would go to for footy.
My junior club on the Northside had Melbourne development squads not Brisbane and so did alot of others.

without giving a reason it would be the exact opposite, we are the biggest team in the competition us being there alone means more people are watching the game then anyone else taking our spot.

Surely Kevvie has lost the locker room? Something is definitely going on behind closed doors at the club because the downfall we are on is absolutely unbelievable. I cannot believe what I've witnessed the last month or so. This goes deeper than the players just being fatigued etc.

Does anyone have any inside info on what's going on at the club?
Smokin Joe liked this post in case no one noticed. That’s concerning

Active Now

• Santa
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • Waynesaurus
  • Pablo
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Nerd
  • Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • thenry
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.