PRE-GAME [Round 24, 2023] Broncos vs Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that the raiders will make the 8, let alone be in contention for top 4 is pathetic. They had the easiest draw of all time and have a huge negative differential. Even against the tigers they only won because of 2 forward passes that went unpunished.
And ironically they came very close to losing it in the dying minutes

And yes, I know the +/- won’t make much of a difference we’re top 4 ✅
But who knows what the Melbourne game brings?! We know the warriors will win all their games
+/- could make a difference when it comes warriors and finishing spots in the top 4.

We've got a tough run in compared to warriors who should coast it in... if we drop 2 games then for and against becomes important

+/- could make a difference when it comes warriors and finishing spots in the top 4.

We've got a tough run in compared to warriors who should coast it in... if we drop 2 games then for and against becomes important

I reckon the Warriors will lose to the Tigers this week, there is my ridiculous prediction...my secret table tells me it will happen.

I reckon the Warriors will lose to the Tigers this week, there is my ridiculous prediction...my secret table tells me it will happen.
I think if the game were played in Sydney then they'd be a good chance of knocking the warriors off... but they've taken the game to NZ... so warriors should be heavy favourites to win it now.

Only game they have left outside of NZ is Dolphins in the final round... at that point Dolphins might be running on fumes, otherwise I wouldve given them a chance in that game as well

So this will be the first game this year I will not be watching live (wife's bday dinner), and I am very superstitious when it comes to the Broncos. If anything bad happens, feel free to blame me. 😞

From some random maths forum:

A statistical impossibility is a probability that is so low as to not be worthy of mentioning. Sometimes it is quoted as 10−5010−50 although the cutoff is inherently arbitrary. Although not truly impossible the probability is low enough so as to not bear mention in a rational, reasonable argument.

In some cases that arise in Gedanken experiments in thermodynamics, the probabilities can be approximately 10−Avogadro's number10−Avogadro's number, that is, 10−102310−1023, give or take a few billion orders of magnitude.The standard framework of probability theory attempts to assign to each outcome X� a number P(X)�(�) between 00 and 11, which we call the probability of the outcome. The higher the number, the more likely that outcome is to occur. Depending on context, a sufficiently small value of P(X)�(�) will correspond to something being improbable, but there's no inherent threshold between improbable and likely.

General probability theory does not have a good way of making sense of "impossible" or "necessity". Having a probability of 00 does not mean something cannot happen, and having a probability of 11 does not mean that something must happen. To explain this with a metaphor from geometry, consider the notion of area. The area of nothing is 00, but so is the area of a single point. In that sense, the notion of area cannot distinguish between nothing and that which is "infinitely small".

Similarly, when trying to applying probability theory to problems that have infinitely many outcomes, the probability of an event can be zero even if it is possible, so long as there are infinitely many other possibilities that are just as likely (or some similar situation). When it comes down to it, the real number line does not have infinitely small numbers, and since probability theory uses real numbers, these events can only be assigned a probability of 00.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."​
----- Jesus H Christ​

So this will be the first game this year I will not be watching live (wife's bday dinner), and I am very superstitious when it comes to the Broncos. If anything bad happens, feel free to blame me. 😞
You're being too hard on yourself......

I will blame your wife!!

Bday dinners....WTF?? Just get a box of KFC and sit in front of the telly......

I wonder what the situation is with Reyno, if he isn't 100% I think he should be rested this week too going into the bye it will give him plenty of time to get into condition, the priority now should be to make sure our key players are in good condition over feilding the best possible side as we have a gap to 3rd and going into a well needed bye.

Parra look lacking atm without RCG their forward pack does lack a bit of bite, but this is a game that they probably will need to win so they could be desperate.

I wonder what the situation is with Reyno, if he isn't 100% I think he should be rested this week too going into the bye it will give him plenty of time to get into condition, the priority now should be to make sure our key players are in good condition over feilding the best possible side as we have a gap to 3rd and going into a well needed bye.

Parra look lacking atm without RCG their forward pack does lack a bit of bite, but this is a game that they probably will need to win so they could be desperate.
Souths were desperate, Roosters were desperate, Cowboys were desperate... it made no difference. Once you're this good, it doesn't matter what the opposition does. I assume the Raiders and Storm may also be desperate when we play them too (most likely trying to get a top 4 spot themselves).

Parra have a decent spine, but if we dominate in the forwards (and field possession), it wont do them much good.

But yea, if Reynolds is even slightly in doubt I have no doubt they will rest him again. Madden does a good enough job to cover him. We seem to have got it right this year with origin and resting players (probably helps that our depth is so good). I think what happened to us last year is what is happening to the Cowboys this year - origin players not rested and now are all burnt out. We seem to be able to do what Penrith have done the last 2 years: constantly rest players with the faith that your back-up will get the job done.

I loved the change in our demeanour with Reynolds out (and at short notice) on Saturday, as opposed to those games he missed earlier in the year. Even though we still missed his cool head and game management a bit, they looked a lot more polished and poised (if not quite as patient as I might like) across the park, and I think Madden played a much better halfback's game this time around.

Walsh has also not overplayed his hand too much in recent weeks, which has been a welcome change. The decision to have Mam play both sides was also a good move that paid off.

I'm definitely comfortable if they want to rest Reynolds again this week, and show off our depth a little more.

Souths were desperate, Roosters were desperate, Cowboys were desperate... it made no difference. Once you're this good, it doesn't matter what the opposition does. I assume the Raiders and Storm may also be desperate when we play them too (most likely trying to get a top 4 spot themselves).

Parra have a decent spine, but if we dominate in the forwards (and field possession), it wont do them much good.

But yea, if Reynolds is even slightly in doubt I have no doubt they will rest him again. Madden does a good enough job to cover him. We seem to have got it right this year with origin and resting players (probably helps that our depth is so good). I think what happened to us last year is what is happening to the Cowboys this year - origin players not rested and now are all burnt out. We seem to be able to do what Penrith have done the last 2 years: constantly rest players with the faith that your back-up will get the job done.
I don't think we would lose regardless, just that Parra might play hard at the start.

The top 2 positions are the same thing come finals time and we have a 4 point buffer so we can afford to give priority to resting players that may be 50/50 on playing.

Our depth has proven to be very effective this year and I have no real concerns we couldn't get the job done regardless.

The top 2 positions are the same thing come finals time
Might be a little bit of a difference for the Broncos I think. Finishing 1st mean probably playing the Strom week 1, finishing 2nd means probably playing the Warriors. I know who I'd rather play...

My assumption is that the current top 3 is pretty much going to stay the same.

Just as well the club didn't panic and tear up the contracts of Madden and Piakura after their first games with us. Both looked like complete liabilities. Madden did himself proud on the weekend, and Piakura has us eating our own shit. He's going to be a prime candidate for second-year-syndrome when the opposition coaches figure out his step, but for the moment he's showing a lot of the promise we've been hearing about since we held off the Bulldogs' poaching attempt.

If Arthars is a cat 1 and Oates is still not ready to play, plus Herbie might be out with the corked Calf, we will likely be using players we haven't used this year.

Surely Pereira will be Wing and probably Hoeter to cover Herbie if he is out.

I wouldn't be against trying Sailor at Centre either.

You don't want to let the Brisbane Broncos into your half:

Whenever we are on tackle 3 or 4 and near halfway I get excited because I know we are every chance of scoring a try. Less confident inside the oppositions 10....

Looking at those gifs, its awesome of everyone moves together, with the playmakers running deep into the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Dexter
  • Manofoneway
  • theshed
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Pigskin
  • winslow_wong
  • simplythebest
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • pennywisealfie
  • Jazza
  • achievedrap
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.