Eels

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
If Arthars is a cat 1 and Oates is still not ready to play, plus Herbie might be out with the corked Calf, we will likely be using players we haven't used this year.

Surely Pereira will be Wing and probably Hoeter to cover Herbie if he is out.

I wouldn't be against trying Sailor at Centre either.
Mariner?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
If Arthars is a cat 1 and Oates is still not ready to play, plus Herbie might be out with the corked Calf, we will likely be using players we haven't used this year.

Surely Pereira will be Wing and probably Hoeter to cover Herbie if he is out.

I wouldn't be against trying Sailor at Centre either.

Hoeter limped off on Sunday after about 60 minutes and didn't come back. He's no chance anyway.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Any updates on Reyno?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
NRL2023BHQRound24TeamList

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
The one good side to Jensen being rested is it allows him to reset and manage any niggles he has so that when he does come back in he's as good as new. We'll definitely need him come the finals.

I'm pleased that Palasia is there strictly on merit as he has been playing the house down in recent weeks. The drip feeding of games for Willison and mariner is also a stellar path to first class development.

The only change I wanted to see was Mozer as 18th man as I think the Raiders and the storm games are not the ideal march ups to being him in for his debut. It's looking like he'll need to wait until next year though.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Jensen has been dropped when he shouldn't but Palasia was massive for us last week, it's a tough call.
I've been critical of Palasia in the past, but his ball playing has improved so he provides another avenue at lock compared to Jensen

It seems like he does more ball playing than Kobe as well... Kobe seems to be used more as a 'prop' than a ball playing lock... utilising his footwork to keep the roll on rather than being a link man.

Outside of that it could be Kevvie rewarding Palasia for good form in recent weeks, as I think he has been playing well.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Feel for Jensen but can't argue the Palasia inclusion. Great headache for Kevvie to have.

I'd be a little concerned carrying a lighter bench going up against a team with a strong pack. Haven't seen much of the Eels this year, so not too sure how we stack up there but I'm confident we'd overcome that this week regardless, but it could be a concern in the finals. That said you can't leave Hetherington and Piakura out, and Capes has proven that he can cover the middle really well when Piakura was coming off the bench earlier in the year.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
I personally think Flegler has been the weakest of our forwards the last few weeks. He hasn't been bad, just all the other guys have seemed to go up a notch.
Unlucky for Jensen and even Willison but Flegler wasn't going to be the guy left out. Tough calls to make when nobody deserves to be dropped

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
How good is it to have such decent depth in the forwards, where we can rotate and rest them as needed but whichever one gets picked, you'll know they'll do the job.
Even more bizarrely, we didn't even fill our roster.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
I wonder if Taupau will even make it back into the team once his suspension is done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • Bish
  • GCBRONCO
  • thenry
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Strop
  • MrMoore
  • Culhwch
  • mitch222
  • bb_gun
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.