vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win the ruck, then throw in the fancy stuff. That's what they're doing right. It'll work against the storm and roosters too. Problem is, you have to win, not hold your own, and definitely not lose the ruck. The storms forwards are tough nuts to crack and the roosters if anything a step above them. I hope we manage it somehow, but imagine it'll end up an arm wrestle. Melbourne are great at those. They only need one mistake. Still if you win the ruck they go off their game and are vulnerable. Especially early in the contest. More time in their 20 is something they have no plan b for. If you are leading and can score.

At this stage, going off nothing but current form and provided there aren't any huge upsets, we'll have Roosters at Suncorp in Week 1 while Melbourne go a round at AAMI Park with Manly.

Things are looking up for us in a big way after this round. We couldn't have asked for better. All we need to do is win all our remaining games.

Are you still thinking Manly into 4th place?

Hopefully the Sharks hold onto 4th. They are an awkward side for the Storm.

Are you still thinking Manly into 4th place?

After choking it up against the Tigers, I'm not so sure. They can still make it there but they need absolutely everything to go their way to do so.

It's much more likely the Sharks get their shit together. Looking at the predictor now, all they have to do is beat the Roosters in R25 then rack up a big score against the Knights and they're in

Last edited:
Hopefully the Sharks hold onto 4th. They are an awkward side for the Storm.

If the storm lose though in week 1 they are on the same side of the draw as us (assuming we finish either 2nd or 3rd and win the first final). I think I'd rather make the grand final and lose to them rather than be knocked out in the prelim.

If the storm lose though in week 1 they are on the same side of the draw as us (assuming we finish either 2nd or 3rd and win the first final). I think I'd rather make the grand final and lose to them rather than be knocked out in the prelim.
Nope. **** that. One losing grand final is enough.

Lol gotta say you're all alone on that one man

We come second have 2 finals at home massive advantage unless we play the storm

Hunt plays down Dragons clash

Ben Hunt says it is business as usual as he prepares to face the St George-Illawarra Dragons for the first time since announcing he would be joining the club at season's end. You're all going to hell.

The Brisbane utility will link with Paul McGregor's men in 2018 after signing with the Red V in January but for now he has unfinished business with the Broncos – starting with Friday's clash against the desperate Dragons.

It is a strange scenario for Hunt, with a loss for the ninth-placed St George-Illawarra set to all but end their top-eight hopes.

But the 27-year-old is firmly focused on securing a Broncos victory that would almost guarantee Brisbane a top-four finish.

"I'm approaching it the same as I would approach any game. We've had one training session already and we trained really hard.

I'm not doing anything different. I'm just going to go out and prepare as well as I can," Hunt said.

"[I'm not expecting] extra scrutiny. It's the same game for me. I'm preparing like I do every other week and trying to play the best possible game for the Broncos. I'm a Bronco for the rest of the year."

Hunt may be a Bronco until the end of the season, but he admits to keeping one eye on the form of the side he will play for next year.

His five-year deal with the Dragons is one of the richest in the NRL and he was full of praise when asked about the form of the club that rates him so highly.

"I've watched a few of their games this year and I think they've got a quality side," he said.

"I don't know if they are too wobbly. I know they are fighting to stay inside the top eight. I definitely think they have a quality side looking into the future."

The Dragons are sure to have their work cut out for them when they travel to Suncorp Stadium on Friday night, with Hunt leading a rejuvenated Broncos attack that has stacked on the points in recent weeks.

Hunt has been a revelation since moving to hooker, adding another attacking dimension to the Broncos as they look to end their 11-year premiership drought.

It is no coincidence that Brisbane have scored 86 points in the two weeks that Hunt has been in the No.9 jersey, with the Queensland Maroons representative doing a stellar job after taking over from the injured Andrew McCullough.

A halfback at heart, Hunt is sacrificing his preferred position for the team and he hopes to be able to play 80 minutes at hooker in the near future.

"Honestly I'd still rather be in the halves but I am enjoying it. Having two big wins makes it a bit easier," Hunt said.

"[The workload] is definitely a lot more, but in the two games I've played there's been a lot of stoppages so I don't think I've been tested too much.

"In a couple of games I think I'll be in a position where I can [play 80 minutes]. I'd like to have a crack at it."

http://www.nrl.com/hunt-plays-down-dragons-clash/tabid/10874/newsid/111041/default.aspx

Was the you're all going to hell a test to see who was reading things properly? Or has the Courier Mail converted and is now damning all broncos supporters to eternal damnation in hellfire? More on this including film at 11.00.

What in the fucking hell happened there?

What in the fucking hell happened there?
It doesn't mention fornication, but since Murdoch owns the paper and he's closer to the place than any broncos supporter, He might be better informed. We'll know for sure if he, or one of his sons sports a pitch fork at the next Newscorp presser.

Looks like it's been fixed now.

No idea, pretty freaky though SF

That was my comment in reply to the people making legless jokes..

But that was after I posted the article and I never edited that post... I think this site might be haunted.

That was my comment in reply to the people making legless jokes..

But that was after I posted the article and I never edited that post... I think this site might be haunted.

By the ghosts of henjakball and griffindor

Updated team list

BRONCOS NRL SQUAD
1. Darius Boyd ©
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Tautau Moga
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Korbin Sims
14. Sam Thaiday
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire
Interchange:
9. Ben Hunt
15. Tevita Pangai
16. Jai Arrow
17. Herman Ese’ese

18. Benji Marshall
19. David Mead
20. Jaydn Su’A
21. Tom Opacic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Browny
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • Aldo
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.